October 2016 Moms

Weekly Symptoms Thread (29/02)

13»

Re: Weekly Symptoms Thread (29/02)

• Kaessi said:
    I'm on the same nausea boat as you ladies, @cd92007, @LGW2015 and @br0co1ii. I was feeling fine all of week 6. I'm on week 7, and I feel like I can't function. 

I haven't worked out except for a hike last weekend. My work is sloppy (brain fog!)  and I am so so nauseated. I'm fine in the morning and after I eat, but in between I'm sick as a dog. :(

@kaessi, I saw an article last night from Conde Nast traveler which talked about the best eats in Rome. They had a picture of cacio e Pepe. Something I've never eaten before. And now,i.must.have.it. 
    @annabenanna I'm trying so hard not to google that right now, lol. I'm sure it will be added to the list! The last time we were in Vegas we are at this fantastic Thai place & I can't quit thinking about it. I need it now!!!
    LOL @Kaessi .  These cravings are so bizarre.  Last week I was craving Filipino food (cooked by my mama), and she's soooo far away, that I can't just call her up and ask her to bring me some.

I guess I'll have to make it myself.

P.S. you should definitely google Cacio e Pepe.  It looks so easy to make!
    P.P.S.  Thai Food sounds amazing right now.  

Also, for visual reference:
    Lumpia (Filipino Spring Rolls)

@annabeanna Oh my goodness, those look delicious! I can see why you need them! And somehow(?) I am now also reminded of a Venezuelan place that we also ate at in Vegas that had the very best arepas & now I need those too!
  • @Kaessi , are you like my food soulmate???  STOP it!  I grew up in Venezuela (very crazy childhood:  born in the Philippines, but grew up in Venezuela and Brazil... and in between Vietnam, Singapore, Nigeria *dad was in oil)  So I know ALL about arepas!  You know what's crazy?  The best arepa for me, is arepas with cheez whiz in them. LOL.  So gourmet, I know.  

@LGW2015 , I LOOOOVE Carbonara.  You know everyone keeps talking about how easy it is to make, but I've always failed at it.  :(  I can't get the consistency right!  I imagine Cacio e Pepe would taste kind of the same, right?  Except that pecorino cheese might make it a bit different... 

Mmmm, all this talk about food is making my day better already.  
  • Loading the player...
  • @annabenanna What a fun, adventurous life it seems like you have led! AND...all of that great food you must of encountered!! I can't even begin to fathom! Now you have been intrigued about arepas with cheez whiz. I must try this!!
  • MRSCORKER said:
    naravna said:
    In the last 6 months or so, I had so many problems sleeping - restlessness, then pain in my whole back, my neck.. I just recently found out that the mattress is dented where I sleep. I thought that there was some problem with it, but didn't realize that it actually shrunk in the middle. Then after I found out I was pregnant, I read about the pillow-between-the-knees thing, and it helps somewhat. I had hip/lower back pain about 1-2 weeks ago for 3-4 days and it also helped then. So I had multiple-level problems. How far along are you? 
    Was this for me? If so, I'm 6+2. Hip pain was my first symptom almost as soon as my BFP. I hadn't really felt it since those first few days until last night. It was like an ache in my lower back that radiated down into my hips. Putting a pillow between my knees helped tremendously but then I was missing having my second pillow to hold. I think I might go for a pregnancy pillow. Just adding a regular pillow would probably be fine for now but I'm sure as I start to progress and show, I'll be happy to have the pregnancy pillow. 
    Yes, it was, sorry. I have two small pillows, too (and a large one)! And have been missing the one between my knees. I don't know if one can get a pregnancy pillow here, but I 'll definitely look into it it sounds amazing. I hope it helps you with the pain!
  • bosslady925bosslady925 member
    edited March 2016
    @annabenanna - ahhh, we have the BEST Filipino restaurant. My stepmom is Filipino but they live in MT, so no home cooking for me. Now I want all the lumpia, pepperoni bread and pandesals. Maybe we'll do that for dinner.

Is there a weekly check in thread or is this used for that too? We go for our first scan this afternoon and I'm trying not be super nervous. All day yesterday I was putting myself a full week ahead - I'm actually 6w6d today. I could use some good mojo.  
    Me: 31
    DH: 32

Married: Sep 2012
    TTC #1: Jan 2015
    Baby A (via IUI due to MFI): Sep 2016 born at 35+6

Surprise but very welcome + on 5/16/2019, EDD 1/25/2020
  • @MorganL925 , awwww, now I'm craving pan de sal!  Mmmm.  It's the best breakfast bread.  Hahaha.  Especially warm, with some butter. :)

I think there's a ticker change check-in, as well as a "post your ultrasound pics" check-in.  But I dunno about any other check-ins.  Good luck on your first scan today!  
  • smmatt08 said:
    I plan to never be hungover again. That is what the last few weeks have felt like, a constant hangover. 
    This.  I feel like this is the world's worst hangover, without any of the fun of overindulging.  

Also maybe tmi but have anyone else's nipples grown seemingly overnight? I woke up this morning confused as to who's boobs were sitting on my chest.
  • To all of you talking about CM, thank you. I noticed it yesterday after a gym class and freaked right out (because logic!). Coming here and seeing everyone else also experiencing it helped me calm down a lot.

I keep going back and forth between feeling pretty good and feeling like absolute crap. Last week was awful - tired, nauseous, puking, headaches...ugh. This week has been actually pretty great in comparison. That is, until I tried to eat my breakfast of yogurt and granola and then it just got ugly. So, back to plain toast it is. I also want to go home and sleep more than anything in the world. Getting this bra off is a close runner up to that. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• @rebeccuh Exact same with me! Week 6 was HORRIBLE. Week 7 actually hasn't been so bad except for the mornings.. but definitely much better than last week. We'll have to see how next week goes ;) 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • smmatt08 said:
    I plan to never be hungover again. That is what the last few weeks have felt like, a constant hangover. 
    This.  I feel like this is the world's worst hangover, without any of the fun of overindulging.  

Also maybe tmi but have anyone else's nipples grown seemingly overnight? I woke up this morning confused as to who's boobs were sitting on my chest.
    I went to bed one night practically crying. DH didn't understand what I meant by "I have some stranger's boobs on my chest!" I couldn't even look at them for days. 
  • JDMRSJDMRS member
    @housewifehobbyist
    Oh the nipples! One of my pregnancy app's says  my baby is the size of a raspberry but I am pretty sure they meant to say my nipples have turned into raspberries. DH saw them last night and said "woah, what's going on with your nipples? they are so big and red!" Thanks, dude, thanks! 
  • Well, the insane emotions have finally kicked in. I haven't been too bad other than some (probably) unwarranted rage at my poor H and a few coworkers, but today I ugly cried inside the vet's office while dropping the pup off to be neutered. The poor vet tech had to try and decipher my questions through my ridiculous amount of sobs. And then i proceeded to cry the entire 30 minute drive into work. Officially an irrational and emotional mess!
    Me: 30  DH: 31
    Married 2010
    TTC since Nov. 2015
    BFP#1: 2/8/16
    MC: 3/19/16  :'(
    BFP#2: 9/3/16   EDD: 5/17/17

mommy to the cutest rescue mutt ever.
    my chart