Pregnant after a Loss

24 hours away from v-day....

I'll be 24 weeks on Friday so technically the baby will be viable. I still haven't let myself totally believe this is happening. I have two healthy boys and this will be my third (God willing). But with three losses under my belt I still can't jump on board completely. We've started the nursery, purchased some things, etc and I'm still dragging my feet. Why is this so hard?  I feel like I'm not being fair to this little guy. 
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: 24 hours away from v-day....

• That's wonderful!!! I don't remember how late your losses were. If any were later than this, I could see why you are still having trouble. But if not, try to enjoy this! I had two losses, but at almost 19 weeks, I'm feeling very confident. The tests are done, I made it past the risky first trimester, and I feel pokes from the baby every day. That's enough to let me trust this. I hope you get to that point soon.
    TTC#1 since Jan 2015
    BFP 2/19/15  •  MMC found at 9 wks  •  D&E at 11 wks (age 36)
    BFP 8/29/15
      •  CP (age 37)
    BFP 11/18/15  •  DD born at 41 weeks <3(age 37/38)

TTC#2 since May 2017
    BFP 10/18/17  •  MMC found at 8 wks  •  Misoprostal at 10.5 wks (age 39)

BFP 2/16/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 4/13/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 5/07/18  •  MMC found at 10.5 wks  •  D&E at 11.5 wks 
    •  Testing showed it was a girl with Trisomy 22. (age 39/40)
    9/5/18 Diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve (4-5 follicles, one ovary had none and was very atrophied)

RE says the low egg count is likely causing my recurrent pregnancy loss. Less eggs results in more aneuploidy.

BFP 9/24/18  • 
    CP (age 40)
    BFP 5/11/19  •  Fraternal twins  •  MMC found at 10w5d (Baby A 6w, Baby B 10w)  •  Misoprostal at 11 weeks (age 41)

• Loading the player...
  • @rkrichey I totally get it! We truly have no idea what's gonna happen and when and having precious losses I think makes us more nervous by nature! But 24 weeks is great! You're smack dab in the fun part of pregnancy! So if looking forward to his arrival is still unsettling, maybe try just enjoying the "pregnancy" part? 
  • @rkrichey  yea yea yea!!! I just hit 24 weeks today and I finally feel like I am breathing a little bit easier. I know I still have a long way to go and stuff could still go wrong but I definitely do the viability dance today. 

My BFF asked if I was buying stuff like crazy and I was almost ashamed to say no. We have bought some things but not much and I still get so nervous to buy lots or plan lots or do lots. It's scary!!! My mom keeps sending a picture of a blanket she is making and I just hope so much that this baby makes it through and gets to use it!

We've got this!! VIABILITY!!
  • Thanks ladies!!  I don't think I'll feel totally reassured until baby is here and healthy. Pgal is just such a roller coaster ride!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • rkrichey said:
    Thanks ladies!!  I don't think I'll feel totally reassured until baby is here and healthy. Pgal is just such a roller coaster ride!
    Amen!  Don't I know it.  I'm still in baby-step land fighting towards 15 weeks.  Good Luck!!

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • I'm with you.. 31wks here and I'm still unsettled. I'm thankful for every jab and movement but the closer I get makes me even more nervous. Nothing is promised and unfortunately we all know that. I'm honestly setting dates, like "I just need to get through the week until Saturday". It's helping pass the time and get me through each week. I have an ultrasound on Tuesday and it's the longest week ever!!! Lol Hang on Momma, we're almost there
  • rkrichey said:
    Thanks ladies!!  I don't think I'll feel totally reassured until baby is here and healthy. Pgal is just such a roller coaster ride!
    It has it's ups and downs.  I'm almost to the end 5wks max left, 4wks to due date, but I just want to snuggle my little one and know my body doesn't have a chance of hurting her.
    BFP 2/11/15 (EDD 10/13/15). MMC 3/30/15 D&C 4/3/15 "We will always love you"
    DD1 - BFP 7/23/15 (EDD 3/31/16).  "We believe in you rainbow" DOB 4/2/16
    DD2 - BFP 2/9/18 (EDD 10/19/18).  "Grow baby grow!" DOB 10/24/18
    BFP 11/16/20 (EDD 7/31/21).  "Round 3 FIGHT!"
  • Congrats on V-day! Woot woot!