January 2016 Moms

Anyone move up to size 2 diapers yet?

We are approaching the 12 lb mark and I know size 2 starts at 14 lbs. Anyone move up yet? I hope I can at least get through the stock I have here. 

*apparently I thought stockpiling diapers on Amazon prime would be a really good idea. Until I delivered an almost 10 pounder. 
N (2004)A (2007), N (2010), and L (due 1/2016)

Re: Anyone move up to size 2 diapers yet?

• We had to move up last week( at 4.5 weeks old) He didn't make it to 14 pounds, the size ones were too small around his waist and thighs by 11 pounds. Now we're at 13.5 pounds and comfortably in size 2s. 
  • Oh and I had a full box of size 1s :( but I was able to give all 200+ to a friend who has a smaller baby. Maybe there is someone you can give yours to, or somewhere you can donate? 
  • Loading the player...
  • We're using 2's just at night. 13lbs and 9 weeks. They hold a bit more now that he's sleeping longer. But kinda loose still. 
  • l4rkl4rk member
    emcarl24 said:
    Oh and I had a full box of size 1s :( but I was able to give all 200+ to a friend who has a smaller baby. Maybe there is someone you can give yours to, or somewhere you can donate? 
    Women's shelters/centres are a great place to donate extra diapers to!
  • We are just literally finishing size 1 and moving to size 2 today. My little weighs in at almost 13 pounds at 8 weeks so those size ones are really getting snug. 
  • Yikes we are still in newborns! Im going to try out 1s this weekend, because we'll be out of nbs. 
  • Lurker from d15 :) my little guy must be small because we just moved into size 1 diapers a week ago :/ 
  • We just went into size 1. Delivering 6 weeks early kept us in Newborn for quite a while. DS will be 3 months on the 16th. We had to use Preemie diapers for about the first 2-3 weeks he was born.
  • My baby was born at 6lb14 and he chunked up real fast. Now he's 9 weeks and in size 2. Just trying to finish up the size 1 we have left. Still have a box of nb cause he grew so fast.
  • My girl is still in newborn at 9 weeks but she was 6lbs at birth. We got so many diapers from friends but almost no newborns so I have to keep buying packs because I don't want to buy a big box and then she finally grows out of them
  • My baby's still in newborns at 5.5 weeks. We tried 1s because we ran out of newborns but he kept leaking :( diapers are expensive lol so I hope I don't have to keep buying them for too long haha
  • My little one was too big for newborns at birth lol we are still in size 1s at 7 weeks, I just bought two more packs of 44 so we will see where we are when we finish those.  She doesn't sleep long enough to worry about overnight yet. (Only 5 hours max)
  • Just moved to size 1s at 9 weeks. 
  • Most stores will accept unopened packs of diapers as long as they sell the same size pack of that brand. You won't need receipts. If they ask, just say you got them at your baby shower and they don't fit. If you have to change brands, they will give you store credit. 

Trust me, I had to (and still have to) exchange tons of diapers because my 14 month old is a beast... He's wearing size 6's (has been since his birthday) and is nowhere near ready for potty training. 
  • I'm trying to squeeze the last of my size 1's out as long as I can..definitely getting ready for the 2's. My boy was born at nearly 10lbs as well..currently around 13lbs
  • Only 11 lbs but in Size 2 because of chunky thighs. 
  • Olivia is a size 1 still at 2 months and almost 1 week. She is 12 lbs 10 oz and the size one's are getting too small around her waist. I just opened a box not too long ago so I'm trying to use the rest of the stock. I expect her to be in size 2's by the end of March.
    DD#1 born 12/30/2015
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    DS#1 born 02/19/2013

• We moved up earlier this week, she'll be 2 months on the 6th. Born 7#5oz and chunking up nicely (ebf), my estimate is she's at about 14 lbs already!
    we had another giant box of size 1s that we could have partially used but we hold off opening it and I added it to my target registry (along with some of the other brands/sizes we were gifted) and returned. Bought two packs and got a $10 gift card for next time.  :)
    Me: 30 DH: 31
    Married: 2012
    BFP #1 Sept 2014, MMC Dec 2014 | BFP #2 May 2015, DD Jan 2016 <3 | BFP #3 May 2017, MC July 2017 | BFP #4 Jan 2018, MC Feb 2018 | BFP #5 July 2018, fingers crossed
  • Wow! My baby turned 8 weeks yesterday and she is around 10 lbs and still in NB diapers! It's interesting to learn how all the babies are different tho. 
  • My 8 week old is 9lbs 11oz and made the switch to size 1s about a week ago.  It probably could have happened earlier but my husband insisted on using up all the nb ones we had.  They were getting pretty short on her.  I hope we stay in 1s for a while because we did an Amazon subscription for them.
  • You can update your subscription to a new size at any point before your current one is charged. I always get an email first telling me when that date is. It's handy! 
  • 14.5 lbs and still in size 1s. My little boy is all torso and head. Lol
  • If anyone uses Honest Company, they will also do exchanges on bundles as well. They charge $9.95 which includes the shipping both ways.

Just sized up from NB to 1 at 3 weeks as LO was 9lbs 5.5 oz at birth and got back to birth weight in 8 days. She's a chunk! She's around 10lbs 5oz now. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerMarried DW <3 08.2013; AI 2x; IUI 6x; IUI #7 05.2015; DD born 2.2016 o:); Reciprocal IVF FET #1 on 11.18.2020 
  • You can take any diapers to baby r us and exchange for a different size. No receipt necessary!
    Walmart will also do this. 
    Married March 19, 2011
    TTC off and on 04/14
    BFP 06/13/14 MC 06/15/14
    BFP 12/14/14
    1st Appt 01/13/2015
    M/C 1/19/15 D&C 1/20/15
    BFP 5/13/15
    1st Appt 06/10/2015 Peanut has HB 150
    A/S 09/02/15 It's a Girl!! Low placenta, but everything else great!

IAmPregnant Ticker

• My 5 week old is still in newborns! But he was born a small baby. I think I'll be switching to 1s pretty soon, he has been growing fast recently!
  • My 6.5week old is in size 1 (was 10lb 12oz at 5 weeks). I'm thinking once my size 1s are gone ill try size 2. She has chubby legs and size 2 may be better. 
  • I'm not sure what size diapers LO is in since we cloth diaper but does anyone know when the major growth spurts taper off? We just had to move to 6 month size clothes and he just turned 6 weeks old. He's 9.10 but 23.5in (born 7.6 and 19in). He's so long! 
  • 012016 said:
    I'm not sure what size diapers LO is in since we cloth diaper but does anyone know when the major growth spurts taper off? We just had to move to 6 month size clothes and he just turned 6 weeks old. He's 9.10 but 23.5in (born 7.6 and 19in). He's so long! 
    I think there is one around 6 weeks and then 3 months, 6 months, 9 months. I could be mistaken but for sure a 6 week one. i may have to put my Lo in 3-6 month sleepers too bc she's long and the feet are starting to get snug. Things like pants and sweaters are ok for 0-3 m its just onesies. 
  • cali1710 said:
    012016 said:
    I'm not sure what size diapers LO is in since we cloth diaper but does anyone know when the major growth spurts taper off? We just had to move to 6 month size clothes and he just turned 6 weeks old. He's 9.10 but 23.5in (born 7.6 and 19in). He's so long! 
    I think there is one around 6 weeks and then 3 months, 6 months, 9 months. I could be mistaken but for sure a 6 week one. i may have to put my Lo in 3-6 month sleepers too bc she's long and the feet are starting to get snug. Things like pants and sweaters are ok for 0-3 m its just onesies. 
    Yep! Just broke out the 3-6 month sleepers at (almost) 6 weeks. Eeek. So not ready for growth spurts. 
    N (2004)A (2007), N (2010), and L (due 1/2016)
  • Yikes. 8 weeks and still in newborn. Though he was 4 pounds at birth and in preemie diapers for 3-4 weeks. On our last pack of newborns though and then moving up to size 1. @8 and a half pounds now. 
  • It's interesting to hear about the weight height of everyone's babies. Our guy was born a half ounce away from 9 pounds. I would estimate him in at least 11 1/2 pounds now, but we are going to the doctor soon so I'm not quite sure. He can still wear newborn diapers for the leg area, but his belly was getting a little too big so we moved to size one. They are still loose on his legs! He is lean but weighs a lot!He was 23 1/2 inches long and his one-month appointment, and he has for sure grown. We are trying to figure out exactly what size clothes to put him in. 
  • It's interesting to hear about the weight height of everyone's babies. Our guy was born a half ounce away from 9 pounds. I would estimate him in at least 11 1/2 pounds now, but we are going to the doctor soon so I'm not quite sure. He can still wear newborn diapers for the leg area, but his belly was getting a little too big so we moved to size one. They are still loose on his legs! He is lean but weighs a lot!He was 23 1/2 inches long and his one-month appointment, and he has for sure grown. We are trying to figure out exactly what size clothes to put him in. 
    The clothes for a long baby are so hard!! I just bought 6 month size sleepers for my 7 week old because she is too long for 3 month size, same with onesies she is starting to outgrow the 3 month size, it's crazy!
  • My little guy is 7 1/2 weeks and has been in size 2s for almost 2 weeks now.  He is about 11 lbs but he was having major blowouts in the size 1 diapers.  It was happening just about every time he pooped (which is multiple times a day) with both pampers and huggies size 1s.  The size 2s are a little big (especially the huggies) but the blowouts only happen occasionally (usually because I didn't snugly put the diaper on)
  • Finishing up the last of the open size one box I have and moving onto size 2.  I exchanged 2 size 1 up and up (Target brand) diper packages for size 2.  I tried to be prepared before baby was born.  My children typically don't grow that fast but this little one is completely different and growing super fast!!

• I'm hoping to stay in the smaller sizes as much as possible. You get less the larger the size is...
    DD#1 born 12/30/2015
    DS#1 born 02/19/2013

• I delivered my LOL 5 weeks early. He was in preemies for two weeks, NV for a month, and size on for 1.5 almost two months. He just moved up to Huggies 2 and turned 3 months today. He weighs 12.2 lbs
  • New born not nv
  • We just moved up to size 2 at almost 8 weeks! I'm terrible at remembering when my other kids moved up. I went through a box and a half of newborn (born at 6, 9), a box of size one and now we're in size 2! Crazy! I don't think he's that big, we're in 0-3 month clothes still, he's just round ha! 
  • 8 weeks today and switched to size 2 this morning after using the last of the open size 1