July 2015 Moms

Sippy cup advice

Hey ladies!
so my daughter is almost 8 1/2 months and we gave her those regular sippy cups to play with and she knows where to drink out of and I read that that could be a sign that she is ready for a sippy cup! :) so I am wondering, for the ladies who already have little one using one or starting one, what brand do you think works best? Thanks for the replies! 

Re: Sippy cup advice

• Hi mama!! My baby boy never took bottles so my mom bought him a sippy cup that was small, it's called the first trainer cup and he took it since he was 3 months! The brand is Vital baby and they have for different ages and stages. I know Amazon has them. Good luck in this new stage mama! :blush: 
  • We do the Munchkin Miracle 360 Trainer Cup. It is spill proof and spoutless, so it is more like her drinking from a real cup. It took a little bit for her to figure out how it works, but now she has the hang of it. She just hasn't gotten used to the water that is in the cup :smile: Here is the link https://www.amazon.com/Munchkin-Miracle-Trainer-Green-Ounce/dp/B00MRZIFD0/ref=sr_1_2_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1456877650&sr=8-2&keywords=soppy+cup
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I ave seen those ^^ and they look great, we will have to get one eventually.
    Currently we are using the Tommee Tippee transition sippy, we used TT bottles so it has been working well for us. 
  • We've tried Tommy Tippee (he likes to just gnaw on the spout) and the Munchkin. It took a few days for ME to figure out how to use the Munchkin one!

How do you get them to figure out they need to suck to get liquid out? Mine just chews on them!
  • klirwin82 said:
    We've tried Tommy Tippee (he likes to just gnaw on the spout) and the Munchkin. It took a few days for ME to figure out how to use the Munchkin one!

How do you get them to figure out they need to suck to get liquid out? Mine just chews on them!
    LO also gnaws on the spout alot but then he will suck on it as well. Although the water comes out much faster and gets all over. It just takes time.
  • klirwin82 said:
    We've tried Tommy Tippee (he likes to just gnaw on the spout) and the Munchkin. It took a few days for ME to figure out how to use the Munchkin one!

Ha! It took me a few days to figure it out as well! I thought it was defective, then realized it was just my brain that was defective. I would lift the silicone up a little bit and hand it to her like that so she would feel the liquid to start. It really took her playing with it for a few days to finally suck on it on her own.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I second the Miracle 360° cup by Munchkin. My baby never took a bottle but is loving this cup!
  • Hello! 

I know I'm a week late on this. I was sippy cup shopping last week and I agree with some of the ladies above. I bought the Munchkin Miracle 360°. Its amazing! My son is 7 1/2 months and he loves it. What he loves even more is the munchkin cup with the straw. I read that its good for improving those mouth motor skills. My husband and I figured he would love it since he started to show interest in our straws. Hope this helps :)
  • My son Lukes. Tommie Tippy. Soft nipper for sippy cup.