July 2015 Moms

Medela pumps

For the mamas using a Medela pump, how often do you change the membrane!? ( the white small circle on the pump) I just bought
one and I was wondering about them, thanks in advance! :smile: 

Re: Medela pumps

• I just changed them out when I pump wouldn't pump anymore which happened about once a month. Idk if that's the right way but that's what I did. If your pump ever stops working it's more than likely those little white things. I had no idea they were so important - I had called Mandela for a new pump bc I thought mine broke and it was just those.
  • I just changed them out when I pump wouldn't pump anymore which happened about once a month. Idk if that's the right way but that's what I did. If your pump ever stops working it's more than likely those little white things. I had no idea they were so important - I had called Mandela for a new pump bc I thought mine broke and it was just those.
    Really!? Wow who would of thought those things were so important! Thanks!!
  • Loading the player...
  • I've only had to change them out once but I only pump once or twice a day. 
  • I've changed them twice, good reminder to order more now! Mine has never stopped working due to that but I figure it doesn't hurt to "refresh" all the parts every so often. I pump 3x daily 5 days/week. 
  • AKOL0AKOL0 member
    Your supposed to change them? I haven't had any trouble with my pump and the white peice seem to be in good shape. 
  • I think I have replaced two throughout the 8 months I've been pumping due to a small tear. 
  • I never changed mine the whole 4 months I breastfed, I always washed them and never had an issue.
  • ria56ria56 member
    I exclusively pump and have only had to replace the membranes when they have had a tear in them. It's only happened a handful of times.