May 2016 Moms

If I could go back in time....

To when I was 20 weeks and complaining that I hadn't felt any movement, I would tell my past self to STFU and enjoy it.  I am sitting here at my desk, leaned back to a nearly horizontal position, because it feels as though this child is just parkour-ing all over my internal organs.  

And sometimes I haven't felt him in a while, and when I realize that, it's like he can hear my damn thoughts and gives me a solid punch to the ribs.  Thanks kid!
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: If I could go back in time....

• @laurenmdrn16 I saw your words before I saw your gif and that's the first thing I thought of!  TIOOOOMMME
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • I would go back to before I got pregnant and I'd tell myself to get all the stuff done that I didn't have the time/energy for during the first & second tri due to hyperemesis/fatigue/etc, because I'm so behind on everything now. 

Then I'd fast forward to now, by which point I could just relax and binge watch all the Will & Grace. 

So much this! I put off doing way too many things and am now just overwhelmed and huge and tired...ugh. I am never going to get everything done!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• Me: 38; DH: 41
    DS: Born 5-17-16 

• kp90kp90 member
    yogahh said:
    kp90 said:
    I'd turn time waaaayyyy back to before we started TTC and tell myself to binge on wine until I couldn't stand it anymore.... that way it would be out of my system and maybe I wouldn't crave it so darn much right now!
    You mean like this?
    megan mullally will and grace karen walker drink responsibly

Or like this?
    party no drinking alcohol eye roll

Oh how I miss Karen....

@yogahh HAHA! Yes! Both of those look about right. My idol.
  • kp90 said:
    I'd turn time waaaayyyy back to before we started TTC and tell myself to binge on wine until I couldn't stand it anymore.... that way it would be out of my system and maybe I wouldn't crave it so darn much right now!

@Kp90 I totally agree, I would've done the same darn thing kmsl.

• Oh my gosh yes! If I was responsible, I would go back and tell my self to fucking do my ten minute yoga videos from the start!
    but really id probably go back to when I was at my nephews party in August and say "drink ALL the beer, you're gunna be pregnant by the weekend!"
  • I hear you.
    And feel you.
    Nope, never mind, that's her. I feel her. All the time :P 
    ~~Signature Trigger Warning~~

Me: 32; Him: 36
    Married: Oct 20, 2013
    BFP 1: Aug 31, 2015
    EDD 1: May 12, 2016
    DD1 Emma born May 12, 2016
    An Honest Account of New Motherhood (with Postpartum Anxiety, Depression, and OCD)

BFP 2: October 07, 2019
    EDD 2: June 20, 2020

• I would go back and tell myself that going to Grad School while being pregnant and working full time is not the best idea. That I can stay in middle management for the rest of my career, screw grad school.

Sorry no GIF to share.
    Pregnancy Ticker

• I would get a new job before getting pregnant. 3 months before so that I would be eligible for FMLA by the time I have the baby. And so that I didn't spend 6 months of this pregnancy  stressed out by my former  crappy boss.  Stupid job. 
  • I would tell first trimester me to sleep WAY more while I could still lay on my stomach. I didn't realize third trimester tiredness could hit so fast, and now the exhaustion is combined with never being comfortable AND flailing around like a turtle on its back when trying to move. I miss laying on my stomach so much.

Image result for green dog

Me: 30 DH: 32
    BFP #1: 9/12/2015
    DD: 6/1/2016
    BFP #2: 1/16/2018 MC 2/2/2018
  • I would have pushed my husband harder to find a new job before he lost his and definitely would NOT have bought the new minivan (bought it less than a week before husband lost his job- horrible timing)!
  • I would've got two chocolate chip cookies v. one when I had Penara for lunch today. I forgot I'd be working late and I want another one of those damn cookies soooo bad. 
    Me: 31 | DH: 33
    DD: 05/14/16
    Baby #2 EDD: 12/23/19
  • Your title made me get Cher stuck in my head :)
    Been married since 2009.
    Unicornuate Uterus (yes I menstruate glitter)
    Several MCs
    DD born 2013 (our miracle "you can't have babies" baby!)

• Now I'm totally going to watch Will and Grace, from the beginning, during the newborn stage!

Mama to Three Girls: 
    Twins born March 2014 at 26 weeks due to preterm labor
    and our 37weeker born May 9th, 2016!

• I would go back to when we started renovations with a detailed list of how to do everything we've done so far (and what is going to go wrong). That would take out so much stress. :)