January 2016 Moms

Monday Bitchfest

let it all out here
Married 2006
DS1 2010
DS2 2013
DD1 2016

Re: Monday Bitchfest

• I hate my job. I've gotta find something new ASAP! I did not remember how hard the job search was!!! Ugh. 
  • I thought I had 2 more weeks of maternity leave pay...but I don't..so I have to go back to work early :-(
  • Loading the player...
  • Ugh how do I tell my mom that two weeks is WAAAAYY too long for her to visit? She was here for that long after LO was born and I was ready to strangle her by the time she left, now she wants to plan another two week trip in June... Any advice? 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • kvacmak said:
    Ugh how do I tell my mom that two weeks is WAAAAYY too long for her to visit? She was here for that long after LO was born and I was ready to strangle her by the time she left, now she wants to plan another two week trip in June... Any advice? 
    Be honest? Just explain that you need some solo days to unwind with your SO and baby, and ask if she can shorten her stay or break it up by going elsewhere for a couple days in the middle.
  • We don't have a way to pay for daycare since my husband's home he owns with his ex wife is literally never going to sell. It's been on the market for a year and a half, and that's after the agent telling them to wait months to list it. They've dropped the price a few times now totally almost 100k in price reduction and they haven't even gotten a low ball offer. The ex wife refuses to do a short sale or foreclose. Now I have to go back to work in three weeks and he starting a second night job tomorrow to pay for daycare. It's breaking my heart. We're best friends and I already feel like we never get time together and he gets such limited time with LO. I completely appreciate this sacrifice he's making but worry how this will affect our relationship and him mentally. 
  • Pretty sure i have strep throat
  • I hate moving. I'm ecstatic about the house, but I wish there was someone else to purge, pack, move, unpack, and organize everything for me... of course, this imagine person would have to know me perfectly as to what I need to get rid of and exactly where to put everything we take to the new house. 

But for real, how the hell am I supposed to pack and move with an unruly toddler and a colicky baby? 
  • I can't take it anymore. I want to start working out. Doctor gave me the o.k. to drive last week but I have to wait 3 more weeks to work out!
    Married 2006
    DS1 2010
    DS2 2013
    DD1 2016
  • klbhklbh member
    I hate that all our family lives across the country, so when they visit it's for intense periods of time. We've had visitors basically since LO was born (almost four weeks now), and when they come they spend all day hanging around and sharing meals. My family has been really good about pitching in and meal planning, but now my FIL is coming and I'm dreading hosting him while taking care of LO all on my own while my husband works :(
  • @Monilee1017 - Same!  It's driving me crazy not to be able to work out.  My arms got so flabby in the last trimester and I am dying to do some push ups and arm weights.  I have three more weeks to go as well and it's going to go by so slowly.  :/
  • I just want my own house that I can decorate and call my own... 
    Is that too much to ask :-/
  • I just want LO to finally go to sleep. She hasn't had a good sleep in over 24 hours, which means I haven't slept either.  :|

• I hate moving. I'm ecstatic about the house, but I wish there was someone else to purge, pack, move, unpack, and organize everything for me... of course, this imagine person would have to know me perfectly as to what I need to get rid of and exactly where to put everything we take to the new house. 

But for real, how the hell am I supposed to pack and move with an unruly toddler and a colicky baby? 
    We are in the midst of moving to another state, so I feel ya. We've moved a lot though and finally got smart this time and hired movers to pack up all of our crap and move it!
  • I love my job but I work for a school district that is huge, is inner city, has a lot of underachieving schools (mine being 1 of them), and it's not easy keeping staffing/professional matters straight.  I get it, you can't please everybody and we often run into an issue with covering staff who are out with subs and doing things the right way.  Anyway, I have a Teaching Assistant who is not able to come into work, due to a legal matter. AKA he is locked up right now. (That's beside the point, and we had NO idea he was even in any sort of trouble/dealing with probation issues). This all happened Friday. 

I walk into the office yesterday morning and the VP says that he talked to the higher ups and they can't really do anything about it right now. They have to, "Go through the motions and it's up to the staff member to call and put himself out as absent." UM HELLO! He's not really able to do that at the moment and meanwhile my classroom is uncovered and out of compliance as I am a Special Education room that legally is required to have 2 Teaching Assistants in it. Oh and to top it off, it's not like he's going to be returning to work anytime soon, his court date isn't even until the end of the month. *Palm of hand to the face* Ay, yai, yai!

Random thought about the whole thing.  DS wasn't originally due until 1/24.  I would have been out on maternity leave from around that time, up until end of April.  Had he came on time, I would have been out on maternity leave and it would have put an even bigger wrench into my classroom situation. So I am slightly thankful that I am at least back, and we're dealing with this.  I can't imagine a long term sub. having to deal with it and my students. They would lose their minds. 
  • @WineBaby122 Aren't you in Michigan now? I couldn't possibly deal with moving out of state again. Did that a few years ago, but that ended up coming back to the mitten. That was way before SO and I even met. Luckily, we are only moving about 2 miles...
  • @WineBaby122 Aren't you in Michigan now? I couldn't possibly deal with moving out of state again. Did that a few years ago, but that ended up coming back to the mitten. That was way before SO and I even met. Luckily, we are only moving about 2 miles...
    We're actually moving to MI from Indianapolis on Tuesday! I grew up on the MI/IN state line though.
  • KFrob said:
    We don't have a way to pay for daycare since my husband's home he owns with his ex wife is literally never going to sell. It's been on the market for a year and a half, and that's after the agent telling them to wait months to list it. They've dropped the price a few times now totally almost 100k in price reduction and they haven't even gotten a low ball offer. The ex wife refuses to do a short sale or foreclose. Now I have to go back to work in three weeks and he starting a second night job tomorrow to pay for daycare. It's breaking my heart. We're best friends and I already feel like we never get time together and he gets such limited time with LO. I completely appreciate this sacrifice he's making but worry how this will affect our relationship and him mentally. 
    Have you thought about a home daycare? They tend to be significantly cheaper than a center...
  • KFrobKFrob member
    @ondabianca Yeah, I've been looking for whatever I can find on care.com. So far no luck with finding a home daycare with an open spot.  Hopefully this is all temperary and everything will work out soon!! We're trying to stay positive about it. 
  • @kvacmak  I had the same issue !!! I love my parents soo very much but since they live across the country , when they visit , they want to stay a long period of time.  My brother doesn't mind it , he will let my mom stay for a month at a time and does routinely.  I'm more independent and need my space. Long term stays like that are not always healthy for relationships between spouses. My mom was here for two weeks for my delivery which helped so much but it was a lot to always have family here.  She wants to come visit again and I told her a week is okay (she wanted to babysit LO for the first month or so for return to work!). I told her no I had already found a daycare but thank you. Then I finally had to spell it out that two weeks is too long and kind of blamed it on my husband lolll.   He thinks it's too long which is true. If my hubby was on board then I would be too but I can't do that to him BC I'd be mad if he did that to me with his parents. I knew I had to tell her before she booked her airfare.  She was probably bummed but told me she understood. I felt really bad after but I know it's what was best for us . 
    It totally sucks having family so far away because then they are forced to stay with you vs being able to come and go. I'm so jealous of people who have that luxury! 
  • @maureenmce How has your recovery been? You were using a cane the last few months weren't you? Are things better?
  • @KFrob I was using care.com too, and I was able to find a stay at home mom to watch her, which has its advantages (not a zillion germ daycare!) I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!
  • @Krisdee123 - Recovery has been pretty good after the first two weeks, except for general fatigue.  I think my age is showing with how poorly I'm doing with lack of sleep, haha.  But luckily, my sciatica disappeared like a miracle the day after labor, thankfully, so bye bye cane!  :)  It feels so amazing to walk around without it!