Pregnant after a Loss

Which date would you use

hey guys. So as you guys know this will be my first pregnancy to go to term and at 10w1d (based on LMP) I have never been this far along before. 

We we have a wonderful 2week check up again today but the tech told us our baby is measuring more like 10w5d. The doctor didn't seem to think I need to move my due date and as I said I am new to this. Should I go by what I am based on my LMP or how big the baby is? 

Has anyone else had this happen and the size was more right then LMP?

i hope you all had good weeks :) thanks again for any answers 

Re: Which date would you use

• Growth can speed up or slow down a bit, and usually doctors won't change a due date unless you're really far off (by a week or more). They will probably stick to your LMP due date. But congrats on your pregnancy and making it this far!
  • Exciting! Due dates are silly anyway. Most women don't give birth on their due date.

Same thing happened to me, but baby was a little smaller than LMP. My midwife said took with the ultrasound. 

I'd go with which ever is farther away. So you have a larger window to not get anxious if you go past your due date. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Thanks guys :) my doctor just brushed it off when I asked so I really didn't know if it was a common thing ot not 
  • The lmp date is a guess. Not everyone ovulated on day 14 of their cycle. My baby has consistently measured ahead since the beginning (I had u/s's around 5, 6, 8, 10 and 12 weeks) and I was temping, so we knew it matched when I said I ovulated. The dr changed the date on mine, but didn't change it again when I measured another day ahead around 12w. He said the earlier measurements are the most reliable.
    TTC#1 since Jan 2015
    BFP 2/19/15  •  MMC found at 9 wks  •  D&E at 11 wks (age 36)
    BFP 8/29/15
      •  CP (age 37)
    BFP 11/18/15  •  DD born at 41 weeks <3(age 37/38)

TTC#2 since May 2017
    BFP 10/18/17  •  MMC found at 8 wks  •  Misoprostal at 10.5 wks (age 39)

BFP 2/16/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 4/13/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 5/07/18  •  MMC found at 10.5 wks  •  D&E at 11.5 wks 
    •  Testing showed it was a girl with Trisomy 22. (age 39/40)
    9/5/18 Diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve (4-5 follicles, one ovary had none and was very atrophied)

RE says the low egg count is likely causing my recurrent pregnancy loss. Less eggs results in more aneuploidy.

BFP 9/24/18  • 
    CP (age 40)
    BFP 5/11/19  •  Fraternal twins  •  MMC found at 10w5d (Baby A 6w, Baby B 10w)  •  Misoprostal at 11 weeks (age 41)

• This baby has too. 6,8, and 10 weeks. And each time it has been 4 days ahead. I just thought it made sense to move the date  :neutral: 
  • LMP is used because time of conception and implantation are too difficult pinpoint. Because of that, due dates are really an estimate.  But like RiverSong said above, unless the measurement is a week off most doctors will not change your due date.  IMHO you don't want to change the due date.  Mine was changed with my son and I ended up having to have a c-section because I was only 2cm dilated a week after the due date.  If it hadn't been changed I could have gone another week.  I'll never know if he would've come on his own or not.
  • I would wait until your anatomy scan to change any dates based on ultrasound. But yay for another great appointment!!!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • @jgbennick made a good point that I never thought of. But you can follow a different date than the dr. That way you can look at the weekly baby updates and know what's happening in there.
    TTC#1 since Jan 2015
    BFP 2/19/15  •  MMC found at 9 wks  •  D&E at 11 wks (age 36)
    BFP 8/29/15
      •  CP (age 37)
    BFP 11/18/15  •  DD born at 41 weeks <3(age 37/38)

TTC#2 since May 2017
    BFP 10/18/17  •  MMC found at 8 wks  •  Misoprostal at 10.5 wks (age 39)

BFP 2/16/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 4/13/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 5/07/18  •  MMC found at 10.5 wks  •  D&E at 11.5 wks 
    •  Testing showed it was a girl with Trisomy 22. (age 39/40)
    9/5/18 Diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve (4-5 follicles, one ovary had none and was very atrophied)

RE says the low egg count is likely causing my recurrent pregnancy loss. Less eggs results in more aneuploidy.

BFP 9/24/18  • 
    CP (age 40)
    BFP 5/11/19  •  Fraternal twins  •  MMC found at 10w5d (Baby A 6w, Baby B 10w)  •  Misoprostal at 11 weeks (age 41)

• UponAStar16UponAStar16 member
    edited March 2016
    I'm confused about this too, for a couple reasons. Any EDD calculators are one day off from the EDD my doctor gave based on the calculate they used, and even at that they said I was 8w1d at my u/s and baby measured right on time at 8w1d, but I would have been 8w4d (my calculation) or 8w3d. I'm confused if this changes when I can count being onto the next week, and how they got those different calculations since it didn't match up at all (like saying it's 10am in NY but 6:30 in CA). Not sure if this made sense...

edit: Also, since I wouldn't go past 39 weeks anyway I'm not sure if that changes the EDD too