Pregnant after 35

probably miscarrying again.

We went for out first US today and should be 7 wks 6 days. The baby is only measuring 5 wks 3 days. I am trying not to be upset as this is becoming normal for us but I am still hurting. I had an very early miscarriage in May 2015 and a late miscarriage in Oct 2015. I have been tested for clotting disorders and everything is negative. I was worried about today's US once I got there..and now I am feeling overwhelmed. I go next week for another US to see if I am truly miscarrying or if conception day is off than what was expected. Has anyone had a good outcome from a dating being 2 weeks behind at their first ultrasound?Just looking for a little hope in what feels like a hopeless situation. 

Re: probably miscarrying again.

• Ugh, I'm so sorry @neilandmissy, I have no experience with this. Sending you my prayers. Any chance you ovulated later then you thought?
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • I'm so sorry.  I can only imagine how overwhelmed you must be feeling.  Take care of yourself as you wait to find out more...
  • Loading the player...
  • I am hoping. But with my past experience it is hard to imagine anything other than than negative. I had a positive in the office two werks ago and for a week prior at home now only 5 wks 3 days with the US. Just doesn't math for me on the positive side. 
  • I have not had a similar experience, but I'm crossing my fingers for you that your dates were just off, or that you ovulated later than normal. It must be very upsetting for you to have experienced multiple miscarriages in a row and then have your ultrasound not go as planned. 
  • I'm sorry you're going through this right now, I wish we had more we could tell you. I think the most you can do is take care of yourself and hope for the best. Wishing you the best possible outcome!
  • I'm so sorry to hear it. Sending you hugs. Take care of yourself. This definitely isn't easy.
    TTC#1 since Jan 2015
    BFP 2/19/15  •  MMC found at 9 wks  •  D&E at 11 wks (age 36)
    BFP 8/29/15
      •  CP (age 37)
    BFP 11/18/15  •  DD born at 41 weeks <3(age 37/38)

TTC#2 since May 2017
    BFP 10/18/17  •  MMC found at 8 wks  •  Misoprostal at 10.5 wks (age 39)

BFP 2/16/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 4/13/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 5/07/18  •  MMC found at 10.5 wks  •  D&E at 11.5 wks 
    •  Testing showed it was a girl with Trisomy 22. (age 39/40)
    9/5/18 Diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve (4-5 follicles, one ovary had none and was very atrophied)

RE says the low egg count is likely causing my recurrent pregnancy loss. Less eggs results in more aneuploidy.

BFP 9/24/18  • 
    CP (age 40)
    BFP 5/11/19  •  Fraternal twins  •  MMC found at 10w5d (Baby A 6w, Baby B 10w)  •  Misoprostal at 11 weeks (age 41)

• I'm in this with the PPs. I have had no experience with this and also hope that your dates are just off. It's hard to turn off the anxiety when past experiences weigh heavily. Wishing you the best and sending positive vibes your way.