August 2015 Moms

Baby hair products

So far I have only been using shampoo in my babies hair (might already be in the wrong for that). I was going to incorporate a conditioner and was considering something to leave-in afterwards once washed. What products do you guys use that are gentle? Right now he's sporting a wavy afro, which I don't mind I just want to make sure it's moisturized. He has a good 3 inches and I don't want it to break off.

Re: Baby hair products

• We use shea moisture baby products,  they have a few good leave in conditioners... 
  • I was using Shea moisture baby body wash and shampoo and using coconut oil afterwards in my daughters hair. But I found her hair would start feeling dry about a day or so later. So I just purchased the SheaMoisture Kids, Coconut & Hibiscus Curl Butter Cream. After washing her hair, I use a nice helping of coconut oil and really massage her hair and scalp, then use a tiny tiny amount of the curl butter cream, maybe a dime size amount, and massage that into her hair after. It has helped keep her hair moisturized for at least 3 to 4 days. We only wash her hair twice a week to help with the drying out as well. Hope that helps!