Pregnant after a Loss

Intro

Hello All! I'm tentatively introing here after several days of positive tests. I've had one loss, in December at 7 weeks. We were fortunate enough to get pregnant again, and I'm now due in November (currently about 4+3). 

H and are both cautiously happy, but it's hard to get too excited. I think I have the mental mindset that I'm going to have another loss... It's so hard not to be pessimistic. Oddly enough, it's mostly kept me calm, since there's not a damn thing I can do about it either way. But I'm having a hard time with the similarities between this pregnancy and the last one: early cramping but few other symptoms, ticker change on Saturday like before, and now I think I'm getting a UTI. All things I experienced before, with obviously a bad outcome. 

How do all of you combat those pessimistic thoughts? 

Re: Intro

• *creepy internet hug* I am feeling many of the same things. I have almost 0 symptoms right now. Some occasional cramps, peeing often, but that's it. 

I just keep keep telling myself I am pregnant today. I also have a handful of cheapie tests and I reassure myself every morning by taking one. 

I mighy share my pregnancy with a close friend who has had several losses and is now 6 months with a healthy baby. Hopefully that will help and not worry me more. 

I hope you find something that eases your worry a bit. Maybe the worry will never be completely gone, but hopefully each day and milestone will lessen it. 

Congrats and hang in there. We are pregnant today.
    Me: 32 DH: 31 Married since 2010
    MC January 2016
    BFP February 2016 Baby Girl born 11/2016
    BFP 8/16/2018 EDD 4/29/2019 MMC 10/3/2018
    BFP 12/16/2018 EDD 08/26/2019 MC/CP 12/20/2018
    BFP 03/28/2019 EDD 12/07/2019 Hoping for our rainbow

• I had a MMC and a chemical pregnancy. I had some symptoms similar to my chemical pregnancy early in this pregnancy (loss of symptoms, cramping, cervical pinching/pressure). And at 10 weeks I had spotting. All is well and I'm 18w3d. So don't worry yourself too much about similarities. Hang onto that calm feeling and just wait and see how it goes. Good luck!!
    TTC#1 since Jan 2015
    BFP 2/19/15  •  MMC found at 9 wks  •  D&E at 11 wks (age 36)
    BFP 8/29/15
      •  CP (age 37)
    BFP 11/18/15  •  DD born at 41 weeks <3(age 37/38)

TTC#2 since May 2017
    BFP 10/18/17  •  MMC found at 8 wks  •  Misoprostal at 10.5 wks (age 39)

BFP 2/16/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 4/13/18
      •  CP (age 39)
    BFP 5/07/18  •  MMC found at 10.5 wks  •  D&E at 11.5 wks 
    •  Testing showed it was a girl with Trisomy 22. (age 39/40)
    9/5/18 Diagnosed with diminished ovarian reserve (4-5 follicles, one ovary had none and was very atrophied)

RE says the low egg count is likely causing my recurrent pregnancy loss. Less eggs results in more aneuploidy.

BFP 9/24/18  • 
    CP (age 40)
    BFP 5/11/19  •  Fraternal twins  •  MMC found at 10w5d (Baby A 6w, Baby B 10w)  •  Misoprostal at 11 weeks (age 41)

• Loading the player...
  • Thanks @Megz1902 and @CarrieandRoy! I needed to hear this today.
  • Congrats! And I can also relate with the *almost* no symptoms as well and I'm 5w1d. In the end, we have no control over any of this besides good basic self-care. I've tried very hard to not compare to my last pregnancy, but when I think about it, I feel completely different this time and in some ways that actually is comforting to me. I have also confided that I'm pregnant to my one close out-of-town friend that knows about my previous loss. She's been phenomenal in providing support after my loss, and the added benefit of telling her is that she doesn't worry about having to keep my secret because we are in different cities. It has helped to talk to someone besides DH, and DH has also told an out-of-town friend as
    well. 

I agree with PP that the worry will never be gone, but being a part of this community has been so essential in providing me with so much hope!