Part of me is missing — The Bump
Postpartum Depression

Part of me is missing

I had my baby boy about a week ago and since then I feel like a part of me is missing, like I lost something. I always complained about how uncomfortable I was during the pregnancy but the day after I had him I just cried and cried because I wanted him to be back in my belly. It's gotten a little better but it sucks. I love him to pieces and constantly stare at him but I still feel at loss.

Re: Part of me is missing

• Sami6277 said:
    I had my baby boy about a week ago and since then I feel like a part of me is missing, like I lost something. I always complained about how uncomfortable I was during the pregnancy but the day after I had him I just cried and cried because I wanted him to be back in my belly. It's gotten a little better but it sucks. I love him to pieces and constantly stare at him but I still feel at loss.
     I posted a new topic on here "Is this PPD?" where I am experiencing the same thing. I hated pregnancy but I feel like I am not done with having children. Not sure if you are experiencing wanting more children or just wanting your DS back inside you, but know that you are not alone. I am talking to my doctor about it tomorrow. I feel great being a mom, but just missing feeling those kicks.
    DD#1 born 12/30/2015
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    DS#1 born 02/19/2013

• It really is normal to have these feelings in the first few weeks after giving birth. Sounds like the "baby blues" which is very, very common. You just went through a life altering event, your body is messed up, your hormones are out of control and your life has been changed forever. That's a little scary.

If this doesn't improve or you find yourself unable to get through the day and function then talk to your doctor. Good luck!

andreaAL11
  • Loading the player...
  • Yeah I guess you're right. 9 months in the womb you start getting used to a different lifestyle. 

Its not getting any better for me. I found myself in tears about it today. Will post an update tomorrow.
    DD#1 born 12/30/2015
    DS#1 born 02/19/2013