October 2016 Moms
Options

PGAL milestones / how you deal

Hi ladies--today was our EDD for my first pregnancy (Leap Day will be imprinted on my brain forever). DH and I took an extra long weekend trip to a B&B to have some time for just us to reflect and make happy memories, which we'd been planning before BFP. It's definitely been made way easier by crossing the nine-week mark yesterday with only happy healthy news so far, but the sadness and fear hit us both. We're just being gentle with each other, talking about it when we feel like we need to, and praying, but it was the first time since BFP that I really felt the sadness vortex open up again and I don't even like taking a peek! Sorry, this is turning into a novel, but I guess I just wanted to hear how other PGAL moms may have marked other milestones, or what you do when that feeling hits. We're doing ok, but it helps to know there's a whole community out here too. Sending love to all of you!

Re: PGAL milestones / how you deal

• Options
    I was due September 23 for my first loss. we planned a trip to Puerto Rico (and then I got a bfp the day before). for the second loss it'll be end of May. maybe something with Memorial Day. 
  • Options
    @mrszoess I'm sorry for your losses--keeping you in my thoughts and prayers for a healthy full term!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
  • Options
    *Lotsa Triggers Warning*

I'm usually content with merely taking a moment to reflect and find something happy in the world but I fear our last loss won't be as simple to get over as it.  Our mmc was discovered at 13w during at what was supposed to be a heartbeart hearing and nucal scan ultrasound the day before Thanksgiving. followed swiftly by a d&c which didn't get everything, led to massive fever and another d&c. That one was right before Christmas.  I couldn't even contemplate celebrating anything and thus, literally depend upon this pregnancy lest the holidays are completely dead for me.  That being said, hopefully I shall have a happy and healthy 22w1d pregnancy when the due date approaches in June.

That being said, I DO have a rosebush in my back yard for each of my angels.

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    @anna.oskar I love your rose bush. What a beautiful way to remember your angel babies. 

I know right now May 2nd doesn't seem close but when it does come around I know those old feelings will return but I will try to be positive. I just hope I have a nice growing baby to help me through. 

Me: 33 DH: 39
    DD 1: 5-24-13
    TTC#2: BFP: 8-23-15 MMC: 10-29-15
    DD 2: 9-15-16
    DD 3: 9-16-17

• Options
    My loss was two years ago this month. We were going through a really stressful time and I never knew I was even pregnant. I was breastfeeding my son still so I had what I thought was my first period after giving birth to him a year prior on February 28th. A month later I started having horrible cramping, I went to the Drs, found out I was pregnant, went for an ultrasound but no heartbeat was found. They said the period I had was most likely my miscarriage. I was devastated, even though I just found out it's not news you want to hear. Had a d&c done two days later.  I deal with my loss by believing this is my rainbow baby exactly two years later. Hugs to all you mamas!

BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    We haven't reached our loss (at 14w) EDD milestone yet, so i'm not sure how i will react to it. After our loss, my husband and I spent a few days just the two of us (we have a son that we went to school/daycare) and that helped a lot. For my birthday we went away for the weekend just the two of us. Maybe around what was our EDD we will do something, but we have no plans as of now. I just celebrate each milestone/appointment with this baby as much as possible. The strange thing with this pregnancy is that our EDD for this baby is the day that we loss our last baby. So, we'll see what happens with that. 
    -=- Tara -=-

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
    DIStickerscom Ticker
  • Options
    Tara0604 said:
    We haven't reached our loss (at 14w) EDD milestone yet, so i'm not sure how i will react to it. After our loss, my husband and I spent a few days just the two of us (we have a son that we went to school/daycare) and that helped a lot. For my birthday we went away for the weekend just the two of us. Maybe around what was our EDD we will do something, but we have no plans as of now. I just celebrate each milestone/appointment with this baby as much as possible. The strange thing with this pregnancy is that our EDD for this baby is the day that we loss our last baby. So, we'll see what happens with that. 
    Our EDD was originally the same day that we found out our last baby had stopped growing. Now we're a couple days before. It still sucks tho. It's like a constant reminder that something could go wrong....

E will be 18 on July 24th
    Z was born October 16, 2016
    #3 Due October 9, 2018

MC - November 29, 2012
    CP - November 15, 2014
    D&C for MMC - October 13, 2015