November 2016 Moms
Options

Cautiously Optimistic About Joining (losses mentioned)

edited February 2016 in November 2016 Moms
Hello all,

I'm joining you after a rather harrowing journey. This is my eleventh pregnancy. I have two living children. I just confirmed this evening that I'm pregnant after giving the cycle up as failed. Go figure. 

My last pregnancy ended January 2015 because it was ectopic. We hadn't been able to conceive at all since and since we moved somewhere this summer where we finally have access to an RE we've been getting help. I was on femara this cycle as I rarely ovulate on my own. Unfortunately we discovered during my evaluations that I have Asherman's syndrome (intrauterine adhesions) and a uterine septum and so surgery was scheduled for me for May to remove them. We didn't discover this until after I'd ovulated so my RE said we'd see how this cycle goes, and said it was very unlikely that we'd succeed given the state of my endometrium and the fact that my uterus was in such bad condition. The chance that this pregnancy is another ectopic is fairly high, so I'm trying not to get too excited but after two years TTC our third child, I can't help but hope a bit. 

But for today, for right now, I am pregnant. I find it hard to have optimism, but I'm trying to just enjoy the moment while I have it. I hope I will be with you ladies over the many months to come, but I'm choosing to enjoy whatever time I do have on this board. 

So hello everyone. I hope I'm here to stay!

K.

K.

Son, K, 9 | Daughter, C, 5 | Daughter, M, expected November 7, 2016

Re: Cautiously Optimistic About Joining (losses mentioned)

• Options
    Hi!  First let me say, I'm sorry for your losses.

I'm with you on the cautiously optimistic part.  We've had 3 losses since 2012.  I have 2 boys, 16 and 18.  I had given up on trying and even started to lean more toward NOT wanting any more.  But, as has happened many times before, I was a few days late.  I've also just started charting my BBT and this cycle seemed to be TOTALLY impossible to have conceived.  I bought some tests tonight just to check.  

Now, in the past, my positives were very light.  Squint isn't even close to the word I'd use to describe it.  Anyway, I took the test and sat it on the bathroom counter to hop on the shower.  I'd just gotten undressed and turned around and BAM!  Most definitely a nice, dark positive.  I was shocked!

I celebrated all through my shower and prayed and thanked God so many times.  A few minutes ago, I took a digital and BAM!  Pregnant showed up so fast!

But I'm excited and scared all at the same time.  Here's to hoping our babies stick!  We're in this together mama!

Juliet
    Jules
  • Options
    As horrible as it is that you've also experienced loss, it's nice to know I'm not alone. 

My kids are a bit older than most of the other ladies' kids probably will be too (9 and 5.)

I suppose it's true of all pregnancies that they are exciting and scary all at once. All we can do is hope, eh?
    K.

Son, K, 9 | Daughter, C, 5 | Daughter, M, expected November 7, 2016
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Welcome! Prayers for sticky babies for you both! <3
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    K

You're probably right about all pregnancies being exciting and scary.  Hoping we both have healthy babies by thanksgiving!

Talk, thank you so much!  I'm so excited!  Trying not to be scared.
    Jules
  • Options
    I am so sorry for your losses @KilgraveMadeMeDoIt and @ShawnJuliet
    Hugs to both of you and I am rooting for sticky babies!! 
  • Options
    I am so sorry for your losses @KilgraveMadeMeDoIt and @ShawnJuliet
    Hugs to both of you and I am rooting for sticky babies!! 
    Thank you!
    Jules
  • Options
    Praying for sticky babies for you both!
  • Options
    Sending lots of love and positive thoughts from MD!!!