Pregnant after IF

*1st Tri Check-in Week of February 29nd*

PiperellaPiperella member
edited March 2016 in Pregnant after IF
This is a weekly check-in for those in their 1st trimester: weeks 1 through the end of week 13. I know we've all gone through a lot to get to this point so congratulations and best of luck to all of you over the next several months!

Please post a little about yourself, your EDD (if it’s not listed below), any upcoming appointments, symptoms, etc. Feel free to also share your IF journey, I know many of us can relate. 

QOTW: What are you looking forward to most about having a baby in the late summer - fall months?  What are you looking forward to least?

Congrats to all of the Mommies & Daddies to be:
@duchessofravity EDD 9/1/16
@cassiebmalek EDD 9/8/16
@vnegron87 EDD 9/8/16
@chrissym126 EDD 9/8/16
@piperella EDD 10/2/16
@MrsB627 EDD 10/4/16
@Selena2016 EDD 10/6/16
@kennelchick EDD 10/18/16
@mrszoess  EDD 10/19/16
@laur2444 EDD 10/19/2016
@bluegal1 EDD 10/21/16
@jaqcap17 EDD 10/27/16
@twomommiestobe EDD 10/28/2016

Re: *1st Tri Check-in Week of February 29nd*

• I'm 9w1d today, so I'm pretty excited to be in the 3rd month of this trimester.  No upcoming appointments this week, so it will be a very quiet week for us.  Only symptom that is really bad is my exhaustion still, but I'm glad I'm not dealing with MS.  Hoping this week goes by quickly as I will be headed to WDW next week for a work conference and a bit of fun!

QOTW: What are you looking forward to most about having a baby in the late summer - fall months?  What are you looking forward to least?  Most: When things didn't work out with our previous attempts with IUI and when we were hopeful for an fresh transfer, both DH and I jumped to the conclusion that we would just have to tell the LO a fake birthdate so we could go during a cooler month to Walt Disney World.  Of course that would end up with years of counseling for the LO.. but it'd be so worth not sweating to death.  I'm so glad it will be October which should hopefully be a tad bit cooler!  Least:  I'm a bit worried about when the LO would start school because if they were born on 10/2, they would have to wait a whole year extra to start kindergarten because 10/1 is the cut off in our county.
  • I will be 7 weeks tomorrow. I have my first ultrasound on Thursday. I'm excited about doing terrified at the same time. What if there is no heartbeat? I've been reading so many stories here that are absolutely devastating. I want to be excited, but the fear is very real. I've been having morning sickness  (most of the day, not just in the AM) exhaustion and sore breasts so the pregnancy symptoms are there.  I just need to see that heartbeat. 

QOTW : I'm most looking forward to having the holidays off from work. I'm a nurse and we work every other holiday so it will be nice to celebrate on the actual day with my little family. Least looking forward to being huge in the summer. 
  • Loading the player...
  • 9 weeks today and had a little scare. Had some bleeding but went to the dr and all looks ok. So thankful!
    QOTW - Looking forward to cute little sweaters and pants! And fall is my favorite season so definitely loving that!
    I'm least looking forward to going back to work in September after summer break (I teach) just to be out a few weeks later but I have to go back to keep my contract. 
    DS born 2016
  • edited March 2016
    Hi! I got my bfp on 2/19. I am now 5 weeks 4 days. My wife and I did reciprocal ivf. We used her eggs and I am carrying. We transferred one perfect 5 day blast. It was our first ivf attempt and we have 2 left frozen to try later. Our first u/s is on Thurs!! 

Qotw: I'm in the South, so the heat will be unbearable! Lol plus, I am terrified of zika, and our state is FULL of mosquitoes that are capable of transmitting.

I am looking forward to the pool! I will spend almost all summer in the pool!!!

Eta: my edd is 10/28! Oops, I forgot to add that.  

RE DX for me: Anovulatory cycles/Mild PCOS  RE DX for DW: Endometrioma on left Ovary.
    Reciprocal Ivf Feb 2016. DW eggs and I am carrying. EDD: 10/27/16

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Welcome, @twomommiestobe!  I added you to the list in the 1st post!  Hope you all have a fantastic u/s on Thursday and can't wait to hear about the results!
  • I have my first ultrasound tomorrow as well! I will be 7 weeks and 1 day! (Edd is 10/19, but we'll see what they say tomorrow!)
    this was our first fresh IVF cycle after 3 failed IUIs with injectable menopur, and I was honestly in complete shock when I found out it worked. I'm so nervous for tomorrow, as I really haven't had any symptoms at all. My breasts are a little tender, but no nausea, and as for exhaustion, I don't seem to be that much more tired than usual. Praying for good news tomorrow afternoon!!!
    i am looking toward to having all of the holidays off and getting to truly enjoy the time with family and the new little one! (Since these holidays were so stressful with dealing with infertility).
  • I had my first ultrasound today. My little snowflake measures at 7 weeks with a heartbeat of 152. I'm so relieved he's ok in there! I vomited the entire ride to the hospital,  and felt so much better after seeing that heartbeat. 
  • Awww!   That sounds so perfect, @kennelchick!  Congratulations on the wonderful u/s!
    Thanks for joining us, @laur2444!  So glad your symptoms don't seem to be bad so far.. :)  Hope you have a great u/s today!  I'm adding you to the list now!
  • @laur2444 I've been so sick every night I haven't been able to sleep!  You are lucky!

Congrats @kennelchick I'm so nervous about mine in a few hours!! 

RE DX for me: Anovulatory cycles/Mild PCOS  RE DX for DW: Endometrioma on left Ovary.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Just got back from my ultrasound....my little one is measuring perfectly at 7 weeks 1 day!!!! Heart rate of 145! I couldn't be happier  I go back Monday 3/14, then if all is well will be discharged to regular OB! 
  • Congratulations @laur2444 ! That's awesome. My RE released me today. It's such a weird feeling, I don't feel ready to proceed without her!
  • Hey girls...had a pretty scary day today...I was teaching today and felt a huge gush. When I got to the bathroom it was blood. Doctor brought me in and we were able to see the sac and faintest little heartbeat (our first time seeing it). Doctor says to stay off of my feet through the weekend and he's going to check me again Monday morning. I am so scared and hate not knowing what's going to happen, but all I can do is pray.    
  • Oh no @jaqcap17....that is so scary. I will be praying for you! Try to relax and enjoy the weekend.
  • I'm so sorry you had to deal with that, @Jaqcap17.  Sounds slightly similar to my mc of one twin.  It does help to see that heartbeat though. SO glad you were able to be seen today.  Please take it easy. 
  • Ultrasound went well. I was only 5 weeks 6 days, so we were shocked we got to see the heartbeat flickering on the screen! It was so great. We go back every week until 10 weeks and then hopefully we will graduate! 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @Jaqcap17 I'm so sorry you have to go through this! That sounds terrifying. I'm happy you got to dee the heartbeat, you are in my thoughts this weekend. 
  • Thanks for the kind words and thoughts ladies! So a little update. The doctor called on Friday with Thursday's beta results. They were at almost 10,000, from the previous 4400 on Monday. I didn't have any more bleeding on Friday. This morning (Saturday) I had a deep brown colored blood clot come out on the toilet paper after my morning bathroom trip. Nothing has made it onto my underwear at all, but that clot really freaked me out. I'm also having some lower back pain. I'm just so worried. Hopefully the clot this morning was left over blood from the episode on Thursday.
  • I switched back to my old OBGYN. I wanted to deliver at the new hospital but the new dr I tried was a nasty B! She called to tell me bloodwork came back normal and I asked her about morning sickness because it's been bad and he response was, "I don't have time for this. If you want to talk make an appointment!" All I wanted was a quick suggestion! And this was the first time she was nasty either! So I would rather deliver with a nice doctor that knows me at the older hospital than deal with this nonsense attitude! - Rant Over! - LOL
    DS born 2016