November 2015 Moms

Stinky baby farts

how long is your EBF baby going without pooping now? Right now is the end of day 3 without a #2 and OH MY GOD his farts smell like death. 

Re: Stinky baby farts

• Lol my LO just went 5 days without pooping, and I swear I needed a gas mask every time he farted!  :D
  • My LO is on day 7 without pooping! But he had diarrhea last week and pooped like 3 times everyday (which was a lot for him) he usually goes about 5-7 days without a poop. He has always had stinky farts, like he could clear a room...he is my stinky little man!
  • Loading the player...
  • Mine never had stinky farts, he's always been gassy buy they didn't really smell like anything. He finally went a little bit this morning and his poop looked normal. I kept waking up to check his diaper because it smelled like there was adult poop in our bed. lol
  • My LO has the WORST gas but he poops at least once a day, if not three times.  I'd be scared if he went more than 24 hours w/o a BM given how RANK his farts are now when he is regular.
  • Mine poops on average once every 4-5 days and has been consistently on this pattern since about 7 weeks. She's always been gassy but the longer she goes without a poop the worse the gas gets. It used to seem like it made her uncomfortable which worried me but now she seems used to it and even makes little motions like stretching and scrunching her face up when she wants to push out the gas. It's not very ladylike but it's pretty funny to see. 
  • We're going about 5 days in between poops. Last one was explosive... up to her chest and up her back! 
  • We're going about 5 days in between poops. Last one was explosive... up to her chest and up her back! 
    My mom had my son the last time he exploded like that. She was driving and it was so bad she had to pull over and rinse the car seat cover.  :o
  • My LO has not has a BM since saturday, but is happy and has plenty of wet diapers. My mom us flipping out and is convinced I need to take him to the pediatrician.
  • Mine has atleast 2-3 each day on average. He's EBF. And lots of wet diapers
  • My DD has 2-4 poopy diapers a day. Sometimes more. Her farts rarely smell. 
  • It would be nice to change fewer diapers...my LO is breast fed/expressed milk fed & still poops 3-5 times a day. =(
  • LO poops about once a week, but by about day 3 his farts are gag worthy.
  • I wish I would have seen this thread yesterday. LO was on day 6 of no poop and before that he went 7 days. Yesterday his gas was really bothering him and he would cry every time he had to fart. I called the pediatrician and they told me take him to the ER. After 3 hours of being there and a stomach x-ray, they gave him a glycerine suppository and he pooped 5 minutes later. 
  • I wish I would have seen this thread yesterday. LO was on day 6 of no poop and before that he went 7 days. Yesterday his gas was really bothering him and he would cry every time he had to fart. I called the pediatrician and they told me take him to the ER. After 3 hours of being there and a stomach x-ray, they gave him a glycerine suppository and he pooped 5 minutes later. 
    How odd that he would send you to the ER but I guess that's always better than a Dr. that dismisses your concerns. I keep checking LO's belly to make sure it doesn't feel hard, although he's never really cried just whined a bit before a fart. I haven't been alarmed either because when he does go, it looks pretty normal. not dry or hard and I haven't seen blood either, which from what I've read are signs of constipation. 
    My mom had my son the last time he exploded like that. She was driving and it was so bad she had to pull over and rinse the car seat cover.  :o
    Oh my! That's pretty bad!! Poor mom!
  • So today was the first day that my DD didn't poop. Normally she goes at least 2x but now it's been over 24hrs with no poop. I guess this is normal but I can't help but be a little worried since its out of the ordinary for her. 
  • My baby girls EBF and poops like 3 times a day lol