March 2016 Moms
Options

Is this normal?

edited February 2016 in March 2016 Moms
Ftm here. I am due at the end of March and lately I have been very scared and aggrevated at pretty much nothing. I usually dont cry much not even thru this pregnancy. But within the last few weeks that has changed. I have become paranoid that something is going to happen to my husband or that he will leave (and we have a very happy marriage so there is no reason, logically, for me to worry) or that our neighbors will complain about our dogs barking and we will have to rehome them (again, no reason for this. I have never had any sort of complaint in my renting history.) But I cant stop worrying. Today I had a meltdown and started crying because the dogs had been barking (the manangement is working the apartment below us and it sounds like they are in our kitchen. And kids had been screaming and crying super loud outside) and I just knew that the county was going to come and take them. (Again, I know that its totally unreasonable and not how it works. I work at a dog rescue and am familiar with all county laws and regulations.) Is this normal? Am I going to be this paranoid from now on? 

Re: Is this normal?

• Options
    Your hormones are raging and its normal to have fears and frustrations that you wouldn't normally have. That said, talk to your OB about it when you see them next. Try to find some meditation or calming techniques you can use when you feel this way (the calm.com app works well for me) and that should help. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Thank you. I will look at the app now!  :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    We all sort of lose it towards the end. Hormones can really do a number on you. I'm not a crier by any means, but in the weeks leading up to and immediately after birth, I get weepy and anxious too. Stay strong mama 
  • Options
    It really helps to know I am not the only one to feel this way! 
  • Options
    You are so not the only one! It feels so crazy to not be in control of your emotions! I know I cry so easily, even happy tears & worry about things that really do not warrant the worry! Or I'll find myself upset/annoyed & ask myself if I have a reason to be getting upset... I usually don't! Crazy hormones!
  • Options
    I considered myself very emotionally stable through this, but my anxiety level is increasing now as I'm nearing the end.  I started a thread on that and some others said the same.  I think it's normal!
  • Options
    I feel like im 13 again! Tho I did have a really good cry last night, the first one in months, and I feel a lot more like myself today.  :)
  • Options
    I was watching videos of DS that I found on my.phone last night cried like a baby that hes not a baby anymore and nervous about new baby .. I know it will be fine really ... SO thinks ive lost it he just shakes his head and leaves lol
  • Options
    Oh I totally know how you're feeling, I have random emotional outbursts where I'll cry about the dumbest things and worry about nothing. It sucks, but it's normal. Just know you aren't alone and hopefully all of our hormones will clear up sooner or later. ;)
  • Options
    Def hormones!!! 

I broke down crying because Publix (yet again) didn't have any unsweetened Coconut milk. Like in the middle of the store. It was awful. 

Also, been pretty easily aggravated too. It takes a lot out of us to just be alive right now, actually doing things is ridiculously tiring. 
  • Options
    tJaffe said:
    Def hormones!!! 

I broke down crying because Publix (yet again) didn't have any unsweetened Coconut milk. Like in the middle of the store. It was awful. 

Also, been pretty easily aggravated too. It takes a lot out of us to just be alive right now, actually doing things is ridiculously tiring. 
    Yea I almost cried yesterday because a store didn't have milk! Lol!
  • Options
    Oh, goodness.  You're definitely fine!  These hormones make you super emotional sometimes.  Last night I cried for a solid 5 minutes over a news article I had read-- granted, it was a sad article, but still.  I can normally hold my ish together a little better than this.