April 2016 Moms

BFM 2/29

2»

Re: BFM 2/29

• My daughter's best friend is a boy. They've been friends since second grade. They are now 11 and 12 years old.  Today, she got her chores finished and wanted to go swimming with her friend. I have no issues with this because it's a very public place and my other daughter was going to be there as well. The dh pulled a huge tantrum and yelled at us for an hour because, "He was a teenage boy once and all boys think about is having sex with girls and so boys and girls can not going swimming together." Because sex in a pool with 100 other kids and adults, and at least 15 lifeguards, is on the top of my 11 year olds to do list.  smh.  Sorry, hubby, but they don't have separate boy and girl swimming times.  So, if I drop the girls off to go swimming and there are boys there, am I supposed to turn around and pick them up? Or am I just supposed to lock the girls away until they've turned into 30 year old cat women no one would possibly want? 6 girls, ladies…6 girls who aren't going to be allowed to do anything because "He was a teenage boy once." But our 2 boys will be able to do anything they want because apparently they know how to control their penises? So, now, instead of going to the pool with her sister and friend, my daughter is now going to his house because "his parents are home and adults at the house means everyone will be safe."  And that makes so much sense because Lord knows the dh and I didn't get pregnant in my bedroom while my parents were upstairs and we were "just friends"….*enter extreme sarcasm here*
    oh HELL no. Your DH is talking crazy and I hope you let him know it.
  • Loading the player...
  • @SweetBriarBee My dad was a total playboy growing up (not that your DH is/was) and thought he was always "one step ahead" of the boys in our lives ... When in fact, he was simply making my sister and my life miserable for no reason. I remember falling asleep on the couch at 16 next to a male friend, in a row of people, who ALL eventually fell asleep. I slumped over and ended up with my head on the boy's shoulder. My dad woke me up, demanded to know "IS HE YOUR BOYFRIEND NOW? WE DO NOT SLEEP ON TOP OF BOYS." Then he kicked my friend out and made him wait for his parents in the middle of the road! At a certain point, you just have to hope your children have good heads on their shoulders and make logical decisions, avoiding everything that could possibly lead to sexual situations just isn't possible. I hope you can shake some sense into your hubs.
  • @SweetBriarBee I literally laughed out loud when I read that, especially if they've been friends that long. If it's going to happen, it's going to happen. 

@Ready4theParty I remember your very first post about your tennants - you've been dealing with their crap for your entire pregnancy. With people like that, being nice will get you nowhere and the sooner you start legal recourse, the sooner it'll be over with. They've seriously done everything they could to screw you over. I have a friend who moved in the second trimester of a high-risk pregnancy. Know what she did? Watched her boyfriend and my husband carry things and directed traffic. There's no excuse and quite frankly, in that situation if I had no friends to help me move I would hire movers. Seriously, it's time for them to grow up. Good luck dealing with them; I hope you can get this resolved quickly. 
  • @SweetBriarBee I literally laughed out loud when I read that, especially if they've been friends that long. If it's going to happen, it's going to happen. 

@Ready4theParty I remember your very first post about your tennants - you've been dealing with their crap for your entire pregnancy. With people like that, being nice will get you nowhere and the sooner you start legal recourse, the sooner it'll be over with. They've seriously done everything they could to screw you over. I have a friend who moved in the second trimester of a high-risk pregnancy. Know what she did? Watched her boyfriend and my husband carry things and directed traffic. There's no excuse and quite frankly, in that situation if I had no friends to help me move I would hire movers. Seriously, it's time for them to grow up. Good luck dealing with them; I hope you can get this resolved quickly. 
    I've moved twice this pregnancy. Both ones involved "put this here" and "don't break that". I second what @AmadorRose is saying about legal recourse at this point. I forgot how much crap they've put you through at this point...
  • My daughter's best friend is a boy. They've been friends since second grade. They are now 11 and 12 years old.  Today, she got her chores finished and wanted to go swimming with her friend. I have no issues with this because it's a very public place and my other daughter was going to be there as well. The dh pulled a huge tantrum and yelled at us for an hour because, "He was a teenage boy once and all boys think about is having sex with girls and so boys and girls can not going swimming together." Because sex in a pool with 100 other kids and adults, and at least 15 lifeguards, is on the top of my 11 year olds to do list.  smh.  Sorry, hubby, but they don't have separate boy and girl swimming times.  So, if I drop the girls off to go swimming and there are boys there, am I supposed to turn around and pick them up? Or am I just supposed to lock the girls away until they've turned into 30 year old cat women no one would possibly want? 6 girls, ladies…6 girls who aren't going to be allowed to do anything because "He was a teenage boy once." But our 2 boys will be able to do anything they want because apparently they know how to control their penises? So, now, instead of going to the pool with her sister and friend, my daughter is now going to his house because "his parents are home and adults at the house means everyone will be safe."  And that makes so much sense because Lord knows the dh and I didn't get pregnant in my bedroom while my parents were upstairs and we were "just friends"….*enter extreme sarcasm here*
    UGH. My dad used to pull this kind of crap on my mom all of the time. My mom pretty much just told my dad to stop being a sexist, controlling jerk face and learn to trust his children. He didn't even want my sister or I on the pill because he was afraid that would "give us permission to have sex."

Anniversary

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• My BFM goes to these contractions that just WON'T STOP. They're down to every hour now from every 4 minutes Friday night, but that's still frequent enough that I've been put on partial bedrest (can get up and pee and shower, and go up and down stairs 1-2x a day, but that's it). They're not opening my cervix or anything, they're just painful and scary and Ihate them.
  • rebelonerebelone member
    edited March 2016
    My daughter's best friend is a boy. They've been friends since second grade. They are now 11 and 12 years old.  Today, she got her chores finished and wanted to go swimming with her friend. I have no issues with this because it's a very public place and my other daughter was going to be there as well. The dh pulled a huge tantrum and yelled at us for an hour because, "He was a teenage boy once and all boys think about is having sex with girls and so boys and girls can not going swimming together." Because sex in a pool with 100 other kids and adults, and at least 15 lifeguards, is on the top of my 11 year olds to do list.  smh.  Sorry, hubby, but they don't have separate boy and girl swimming times.  So, if I drop the girls off to go swimming and there are boys there, am I supposed to turn around and pick them up? Or am I just supposed to lock the girls away until they've turned into 30 year old cat women no one would possibly want? 6 girls, ladies…6 girls who aren't going to be allowed to do anything because "He was a teenage boy once." But our 2 boys will be able to do anything they want because apparently they know how to control their penises? So, now, instead of going to the pool with her sister and friend, my daughter is now going to his house because "his parents are home and adults at the house means everyone will be safe."  And that makes so much sense because Lord knows the dh and I didn't get pregnant in my bedroom while my parents were upstairs and we were "just friends"….*enter extreme sarcasm here*
    I went rounds like this with my husband and my teenage daughter. The more he became strict with her the more she was likely to break the rules. He wanted to keep her under lock and key. It spiraled out of control and required years of therapy for both of them. Keeping them away from friends, places, etc., makes them rebel even harder. Based on my experience, I was also a teenage girl and I went through the same thing, and I also went through it with my 17 year old. Trust is needed on both sides. 

It's a boy! Grow baby, grow! EDD: 4/22/2016

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• I have had my long term sub lined up for months... until today. One of my coworkers resigned last week and my boss offered my sub the other position today, leaving me without anyone to teach my classes during the 10 weeks I will be out. I feel pretty betrayed by all parties.  I hope my boss has some kind of plan for finding a new sub for me ASAP because I had already lined things up and met with the sub and showed him some of the curriculum only to have him poached for this other job, so I feel like this new problem shouldn't be my responsibility. Of course I am going to stress about it, and I am annoyed that at conferences next week I will be telling parents idfk who will be teaching their kids for the rest of the year... Looking forward to hearing what my boss's plan is tomorrow, but I suspect he hasn't planned that far ahead. I just hope that tomorrow I will be able to talk about it without bursting into tears.
    kids with flags
  • @AmadorRose and @Knottie9983816 I couldn't agree more.  They've been major pains in the ass and I am just done with them.  You dont have a crew lined up and then cancel just because you forgot to lock your car and your puse got stolen.  After thinking about it and venting to my mom, their excuses just don't add up anymore and I am convinced they're just giving us a line so we feel bad for them.  I do appreciate the advice.  We moved out of that house when I was pregnant with Dd and its not fun but it got done.  We plan to move in June or July but I've been packing for months because I think it's expecting too much to have DH to do all the moving/packing by himself -but having two kids won't make easy so we plan ahead.

After talking with DH, we agreed us being "nice" is allowing them to be in the house past midnight.  They want to take the fans they installed out a long with a few other things they installed.  DH and I agreed that if those items are still in the house come tomorrow at 7 am when DH shows up they are ours.  I'll be very interested to see how determined they are to get everything out before tomorrow's final walk through.  They don't strike me as people who would pull an all nighter.
  • Mine goes out to my work. They keep asking me to make sure I get them all the paperwork they need so that they can file my leave with the insurance. But don't know what paperwork I need. Called hr and they're telling me that they don't need any paperwork from me until after the baby's born. And I'm give up. Because now my boss wants a hard date on when I'm taking leave. And I just... I don't have one. I figured I'd just work until he decided to make his appearance. I don't know what they want from me anymore
  • New one! Friends just bought a used car. From someone else they just met instead of my fiancé. Assholes...
  • The only time I would look at a birth announcement differently is if it's a drive by post and it was from an account that was newly created. Kinda like in the beginning when random people would create an account and post a pee stick and that would be the last you heard from them again.

It's a boy! Grow baby, grow! EDD: 4/22/2016

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• mrstrax said:
    I asked DH to put some IcyHot on my lower back for me before bed instead of sleeping on my heat pack tonight. He thought he'd be cute and stuck his finger in my butt crack while he rubbed it on my hips/pelvis. My tailbone is a minty-fresh fire right now and he thinks it's hilarious (and to be honest, objectively, it kinda is) but dude, not okay. 
    So we may hear about the body of a certain mrtrax washing up in a few weeks?
  • @AmadorRose and @Knottie9983816 I couldn't agree more.  They've been major pains in the ass and I am just done with them.  You dont have a crew lined up and then cancel just because you forgot to lock your car and your puse got stolen.  After thinking about it and venting to my mom, their excuses just don't add up anymore and I am convinced they're just giving us a line so we feel bad for them.  I do appreciate the advice.  We moved out of that house when I was pregnant with Dd and its not fun but it got done.  We plan to move in June or July but I've been packing for months because I think it's expecting too much to have DH to do all the moving/packing by himself -but having two kids won't make easy so we plan ahead.

After talking with DH, we agreed us being "nice" is allowing them to be in the house past midnight.  They want to take the fans they installed out a long with a few other things they installed.  DH and I agreed that if those items are still in the house come tomorrow at 7 am when DH shows up they are ours.  I'll be very interested to see how determined they are to get everything out before tomorrow's final walk through.  They don't strike me as people who would pull an all nighter.
    My family did rental properties before we moved to North Carolina, and our policy was that you and your stuff is out on time, or 1) the stuff left behind is ours or 2) you pay rent for the days you go over. It really helped cut down on people who were wasting time in getting out. From what you said, it does sound like originally they were having some legit problems, but now they're just trying to take advantage. 
  • mrstrax said:
    I asked DH to put some IcyHot on my lower back for me before bed instead of sleeping on my heat pack tonight. He thought he'd be cute and stuck his finger in my butt crack while he rubbed it on my hips/pelvis. My tailbone is a minty-fresh fire right now and he thinks it's hilarious (and to be honest, objectively, it kinda is) but dude, not okay. 
    Haha, now that's it's worn off, he's safe. ;) 
    Anniversary 
  • mrstrax said:
    mrstrax said:
    Haha, now that's it's worn off, he's safe. ;) 
    You're a better person than I am.