December 2015 Moms

Baby not eating as much

Has anyone noticed a change in their babies feeding schedule ? My 10 week old just recently starting to reject a morning feed and an afternoon feed that was pretty standard . I thought at first it was a nursing strike but she is laching and eating like normal at other times, I realized that she just doesn't want to eat at those times . Anyone else ?

Re: Baby not eating as much

• Yes, DD won't eat when she wakes up. I usually give it an hour then she fusses. She rarely eats at night either, she will wake up either once or twice and that's just to squirm around. As long as they're gaining there shouldn't be concern!! 
  • thatgirlree24thatgirlree24 member
    edited March 2016
    Yes my LO is the same and he's starting to sleep more. I think it's completely normal for this age.
  • Loading the player...
  • My LO doesn't want to eat as soon as she wakes up anymore either! She will wait about an hour then show hunger cues...she's messing with my eat/play/sleep routine haha! To make up for it during one of her afternoon feeds she'll eat from both sides (which she rarely does) 
  • Experiencing the same thing here. For the first 8 weeks of his life, as soon as he'd wake up he was starving. Now, often times (no particular time of the day though) he'll wake up smiling and 'talking' and want to play! Took me awhile to realize this was totally ok!
  • Mine wakes at 830 eats sleeps till 1030 and wakes but doesnt eat till 11.