Cloth Diapering
Options

Pockets

I'm currently ttc #2 but I've been thinking of taking this time to sort my (rather basic) stash.
DD was cd'd from three mo. We'd intended from birth but we were not in a position to maintain the extra wash routine at the time. We have 24 flats and three covers for each size up to toddler. We picked up two pockets (mainly for OH to use - folding flats gets her all frustrated) but I'm thinking that - fingers crossed - if I conceive within the next year, we'll have 2 under 3 and possibly both still in nappies. For us, in this scenario pockets would be more convenient.

I'm just wondering - and forgive me if this is something basic but as I've explained, we only have experience with flats - I've seen posts which imply that some use pocket covers multiple times before washing. Am I missing something here? We use Wonderoos v3's and when the boosters come out, the lining still has urine on it. I can't understand how it's possible to reuse them.

Again, apologies if this is something obvious but I would appreciate any advice you have to offer on this.
Also, what systems would you recommend for a hypothetical day bag for cd'ing a toddler and infant on the go using the least space and not using aio's? 

Re: Pockets

• Options
    When people talk about using pockets multiple times they are either screwing up or they are using the pockets as covers with a flat or prefold on top of the pocket as opposed to stuffed inside the pocket.

For the diaper bag with two in different sizes, flats and covers would take up the least amount of space and not be child specific.

YBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I'm a fan of The Cloth Diaper Tech Support group on Facebook
  • Options
    Thank you @PipSqueak0313 , I thought it didn't make sense as I could feel how damp the pocket covers were.
    And I'll take your advice and stick with flats for a day bag if #2 does come along whilst DD is still in nappies.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I agree with what has been said.  One note: A few brands can pull the urine through to the liner and the inside of the pocket is still fresh. Bum Genius still smells like clean laundry, but I only rarely reuse my pockets if I haven't used s prefold. 
  • Options
    I agree with what has been said.  One note: A few brands can pull the urine through to the liner and the inside of the pocket is still fresh. Bum Genius still smells like clean laundry, but I only rarely reuse my pockets if I haven't used s prefold. 
    If you used the pocket with it stuffed, even if it does smell good, the stay dry effect of the liner does not mean that it can be reused.  It is still urine soaked.

YBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

I'm a fan of The Cloth Diaper Tech Support group on Facebook