June 2016 Moms

Too funny/embarrassing not to share!

As I'm sure many of you lovely ladies are experiencing, I've reached the point where I'm getting up to pee a minimum of 3 times a night. I never turn the light on because I just stumble off to the bathroom and stumble back so I can go right back to sleep. Last night, for some reason I seemed to have alarmed our dog when I opened the gate to leave (we have to have her gated in our room so she doesn't just decide to poop in our basement :|). By the time I had sat down, she started barking like a lunatic. While logically I knew that she was just startled out of sleep and barking because of that, but the thought crossed my mind "omg what if someone is actually in the house?" Keep in mind, I was not alone, my husband was still soundly sleeping in our room. My anxiety and hormone-ridden brain took this thought and ran with it to the point I was just waiting for a shadow to pass by the door. All I could think of was "Well, this is it...this is where it ends; me on the toilet."

Anyone else having incredibly irrational anxiety, or am I just insane??

Re: Too funny/embarrassing not to share!

• Hahaha! You are not alone. I forgot that I put a night light in our guest bathroom and one night came out to check the front door was locked and saw a light down the hall and completely freaked out. 
    BabyFetus Ticker