September 2016 Moms
Options

Plus size moms

I'm looking for some answers if anyone has been pregnant before. I'm a bigger gal meaning I already have a belly, im wondering what my pregnancy will look like in terms of will I ever look pregnant? Or just like I've gained weight lol I realize everyone is different in just wondering if anyone else has had these thought?

Re: Plus size moms

• Options
    UnwritteN12UnwritteN12 member
    edited February 2016
    I was plus sized for my first pregnancy as well as this one. Yes, I definitely looked pregnant and not just like I had gained a ton of weight. You're right when you say everyone is different though. I think it depends where you usually carry your extra weight too. 

Unfortunately I'm starting out this pregnancy heavier than I was when I got pregnant the first time. Right now, it looks like I've gained extra weight for sure and it's frustrating. I just keep reminding myself that I'm growing two humans and eventually that awesome bump (other than just my tummy!) will show. But until then, I certainly will not be participating in Hump Day Bump Day! LoL!
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

• Options
    I'm a big gal. 5'2, 240lbs. With my first pregnancy, I got a rounded belly. But had my "B" shaped belly until right before I popped. This time, I'm so bloated and what not, that I already have a very pregnant looking belly. Definitely depends on the lady. :)
    Trying to Conceive Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    boymom1984boymom1984 member
    edited February 2016
    This is me at 38 weeks with baby #3. Since my second baby I kind of always look pregnant... So then when I am actually pregnant my belly tends to be kind of huge!! The frustrating part about getting so big is people constantly asking you "how many are you having?"  Just one thanks... Granted all of my babies were on the bigger side.   Excited to actually start showing with baby #4
  • Options

Opps heres the pic. I don't think it posted with the last post. 
  • Options
    @camichael84 I would be down for a plus size weekly check in. 

@mihalchik my bff has an 18 month old and she is also plus sized. It took her a bit longer for her belly to round out but she definitely looked pregnant for the last few months. I'm on the same boat in that I carry my weight in my belly so people have already started patting me and commenting. I love seeing the look on their faces when I say "I'm only 12 weeks along, this is all me from before the baby but thanks"
  • Options
    With my first, I could tell I looked pregnant in the 2nd trimester, but others didn't really notice until the 3rd. Here I am at 39 weeks:

With my second (and, it looks like, my third), I started showing sooner and got bigger, though it did take a few months for the extra tummy left over from DS1 to blend in with the bump. Here's 34 weeks with DS2:

(Sorry if the pics are gigantic - really hard to make it work in the app!)

One thing I've realized is that wearing actual maternity clothes (like full panel pants and ruched side tops) smooths out my bump and makes me look more pregnant and less just bigger. I mostly wore my prepregnancy clothes with DS1 and as a result did not look nearly as cute, haha.
    BFP #1: EDD 8/29/11, MMC 1/14/11. BFP #2: Damien Isaac born 12/16/11. BFP #3: Rowen Cole born 7/28/14. BFP #4: EDD 9/16/16.

Anniversary

baby blog

• Options
    I'm a size 22 so I am also wondering if I will look pregnant.  I think wearing maternity clothes will help a bit, but it's still early.  

I would love a plus size check in!
    Dx: Me- Empty Sella Syndrome, Dh-None
    Clomid 50-100mg BFNs
    Clomid 150mg 2 follicles, BFP 7/4/15, EDD 3/12/16, CP 7/7/15
    Clomid 150mg, 2 follicles, IUI BFN
    Natural Cycle, BFP 12/28/15, EDD 9/3/16

• Options

I was a size 22 before pregnancy. This is my 4th pregnancy and here I am at 9 weeks. With my second pregnancy, I was a size 18 before and it took quite awhile for me to look pregnant. 
  • Options
    Im 12 wks Plus size I'm starting to show but it's also my 6th baby 

• Options
    It took a while but I eventually did look pregnant by the third trimester.
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    photo its20a20girl_zpsy8rztyxtjpg
  • Options
    *TW loss*

We lost our first pregnancy last year at 17 weeks and I was barely showing. I was still in all my regular clothes and comfortable which seemed so strange because most of my sisters were in maternity clothes by 12-14 weeks but I'm the only plus size in the family.

I'm starting this pregnancy at a size 18/20 but I've already lost about 11 pounds in this trimester so I'm not even close to showing or needing maternity clothes. I'll be 12 weeks on Monday. Thankfully this all works in my favor. We are doing genetic testing (CVS) Tuesday to make sure we can move forward so I wouldn't be able to announce until 16/17 weeks. the longer I can hide this the better!

And I'd love a weekly check in!
  • Options
    Yes please to a plus sized check-in! We have had, and will be having some unique experiences and stories that not everyone can share or understand completely.

Also, thank you for sharing your beautiful bump pictures!
  • Options
    Second pregnancy I was so sick in the beginning and lost so much weight I didn't start to show until 16-18 weeks. With my third in 12 weeks and I can see the bump but if I'm not in maternity pants I just look like I put on some weight. I'm currently a size 18. I would also love to do a plus size check in. Count me in!
  • Options
    I was between a 10/12 before pregnancy (depends on the store and brand), and I always felt I was plus sized. Does my size make the cut for this thread?

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I'm a size 14/16 and will be 12 weeks this week.  I feel fat... I feel hairy... I feel pimply... I wanted to be that beautiful, glowing pregnant woman but it's not looking promising. My husband thinks I have a tiny bump (as in my stomach pokes out a little more than usual) but I just call it my gas baby.  This is my first baby so I know I'm still a little too early to be showing.  I'm trying to embrace being pregnant, but with being so early, I just feel fat and hormonal.  Lol!  I did not get sick at all so I haven't lost any extra weight.  I'm trying to eat healthy and get my butt moving but I'm a CPA in tax season.  So... unless I am up walking to the printer I don't get much exercise in.  
  • Options
    I was about a 16 when I got pregnant with my first, and I don't carry my weight in my belly nicely :-( I did eventually look pregnant but not until much later than I would have liked. This was 2 weeks before baby came so I was 34 weeks....definitely huge and pregnant looking by then!