January 2016 Moms

Weekend randoms

carlyhammondcarlyhammond member
edited February 2016 in January 2016 Moms
Stealing this idea from @GAgirlinSDakotabut even on weekends we need somewhere to put things / vent :) 

today, I got smart: 
SO didn't come home on his break like he usually does. Usually I wash bottles and do things while SO is home, but since he didn't come home and I had to wash bottles... I grabbed a empty laundry basket, put a blanket around it, put a pillow in the middle and put my LO inside. I carry my "load of baby" around the house but I still have both my arms available to wash laundry and bottles and now I'm putting together a swing. 
LO hasn't protested.. 
WHY did I not think of this sooner? 

Re: Weekend randoms

• Idk if I'm the TW or my childless friends are. Ever since having LO I've grown more and more annoyed with my friends' antics. I have such a short fuse with them right now. They make everything into such a big deal and place waaaaaaay too much emphasis on finding guys to date. Plus I can't take the comments about how kids ruin your life and how they'd never want any or understand why anyone would want kids. I think having LO in my life is fantastic, as does DH. We couldn't imagine not having our LO. 

TL/DR: my childless friends annoy me
  • Loading the player...
  • 6 days in daycare spread over 2 weeks and LO already has a cold. I feel so bad for him, so congested, won't sleep as long at night, and I'm working this weekend so I can't just spend all day snuggling and nursing the poor little guy, baby colds are the worst 
  • WTF LO...you wake up in the MOTN acting like you're about to starve to death then I put you to the boob and you take three gulps then pass out so I wake you up then you get supremely pissed and refuse to relatch and pass oit when I try to calm you. I'm beginning to think he's just outgrown this extra feed at night. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I am in so much pain. I sneezed and something in my upper back (left side) went POP POP POP and now I can't take a normal breath or move without horrible pain.

SPNG Tags Sam  Dean  Cas  Photoshop  WTF  Dancing  Funny  or disturbingLooking for a particular Supernatural reaction gif This blog organizes them so you dont have to spend hours hunting them down

DS1 01/08/03 DD1 08/11/04 DD2 10/06/08 DS2 09/30/14

SURPRISE!  Hannah May born 01/22/16

AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers

• LO has decided she no longer needs sleep.  She has been fighting a nap since our late morning feed at 9am.  It's 1:30 now and she is *exhausted* and fussy but refusing to sleep for more than 10 minutes.  She did the same thing yesterday and last night.  She'll be three weeks tomorrow - desperately hoping this is a phase???
  • @maureenmce if it's a phase, mine is still in it at 5 weeks! I finally came up with a formula that works to help him nap: darkened room, swaddle, sound machine, rocking, and-- the most important part-- a blanket covering his eyes. He just wants to look at everything and one day slept maybe 2 hours out of 16 because he simply would not close his eyes. The blanket doesn't cover his nose/mouth, just his eyes/head, and it makes ALL the difference. Finally, I don't transfer him to his crib until he's passed through the first stage of REM (10-15 min) and I can see that he's really out. I'm sure your LO will have her own preferences, but once I hit on what worked for mine napping has been entirely different. 
  • I have mastitis in my right breast and this fever is kicking my butt! I've been taking tylenol to treat it but it isn't going away completely. DH has been a huge help today letting me nap between feedings every 2 hrs. I started meds today so hoping this fever doesn't stick around long!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie - FiGB
    Married DH 11/15/08
    Formerly MissMheMhe
  • I just found out I have to go back to work 2 weeks earlier than expected of planned. I have to go back on night shift and my husband just got moved to 2nd shift...my heart is breaking into pieces...
  • Blues clues is seriously saving my 17month olds life this evening. He's lucky he's cute.

SPNG Tags Sam  Dean  Cas  Photoshop  WTF  Dancing  Funny  or disturbingLooking for a particular Supernatural reaction gif This blog organizes them so you dont have to spend hours hunting them down

• Also, my dog is a moron. He's in his crate by his own choice, but since the door closed halfway, he is too dumb to get out. He's standing there whining and waiting for me to come open it. One of our cats is just as dumb. We have a baby gate in the hallway. It's waist high on me. She can't/won't jump over. She can jump on counters and in cribs, but apparently the gate has her stymied. It's been months and I refuse to open it for her.

• My oldest is sick, has been since Friday he has had temps in the high 103s and he is vomitting all the time. Just called the doctor, we went in yesterday, waiting for them to call back. I feel so bad because he loves his sister but I won't let him anywhere near her. 
    Married 2006
    DS1 2010
    DS2 2013
    DD1 2016
  • @MissMheMhe I had mastitis and the fever was HORRIBLE. I couldn't even get out of bed and my husband just had to bring me the baby to eat every two hours and then take him so I could sleep/die. I alternated Tylenol and Motrin to try to keep the fever down. I want to say if I remember correctly my fever went away for good 24ish hrs after starting antibiotics so hang in there!!! Hope you feel better soon that's one of sickest times I've ever felt! 
  • I have to brag on DH. This weekend he took care of DD most of the time during the day. I got a lot of chores done and a lot of down time. This is the first Monday I haven't been dreading since she was born. 
  • @012016 it's worse when your annoying friends say "oh it looks easy I want to have a baby!" Like NO you party and crash at random guys' houses all the time and have no idea how hard and selfless it is!!! Ugh SSOOO ANNOYED with the friend I saw this weekend. Then she's like "so does breastfeeding make you not want your nipples touched during sex?" I'm like "I can't even have sex right now.." And she's all "ohh saaaaad that must suckk" 5 mins later "if I had a baby is have sex anyway" no. You have no idea what you're talking about. Stop. Lol okay needed to get that out. 
    @hannahduff3 it doesn't work with my family but it works on my father in laws side. Lol. Other than my stepmother in law, she waits til I take her out when we're leaving and holds her for a bit, which I don't mind quite as much because she usually doesn't get passed around after that and they know we're about to leave so she doesn't take forever haha. 
  • @alisongem yeah it was for my boyfriends family and it didn't work. His gram was all in my face like are you gunna give him up yet etc etc and I was like no, no ones holding him right now because I wanna be able to eat without him screaming. And she bitched and bitched. So after dinner I fed him and then I decided they could hold him. All freaking hell broke lose. Everyone was fighting over him like damn vultures and in his face and he starts screaming (he doesn't do well with being overstimulated like that in big groups of people) and they're still in his face and he starts throwing up everywhere and is screaming bloody murder and no one would hand him to me!!!!! I've never been so angry or anxious in my life. I finally got him and I just stood up and left. I already told my boyfriend I'm not going to his family stuff for a long long time. and I'm so sick of his grandma and mom bitching about how they never see him. I DONT FUCKING CARE. Ugh 
  • kaym6 said:
    @MissMheMhe I had mastitis and the fever was HORRIBLE. I couldn't even get out of bed and my husband just had to bring me the baby to eat every two hours and then take him so I could sleep/die. I alternated Tylenol and Motrin to try to keep the fever down. I want to say if I remember correctly my fever went away for good 24ish hrs after starting antibiotics so hang in there!!! Hope you feel better soon that's one of sickest times I've ever felt! 
    Feel better soon.  I'm just getting over mastitis.  It was Horrible!!! My fever lasted about 36/48 hours. 
  • @hannahduff3 ugh that sounds awful. Last night my aunt bit everyone's heads off because they all "got to hold the baby longer" than her and we obviously "have a problem with her bonding with the baby" like lol really? K. It was so tense and awkward. Then when LO cried I said she was hungry and my aunt "jokingly" said she'll breast feed her. I was so pissed. Like no.. Not funny, not okay, not her mom. #bye
  • @Hannah duff I've chewed out my in laws over much, much less. I would have flat out screamed at them, if that's what it took. At no point do they ever have any right to keep my child away from me. I had to have a very serious talk with them about respecting my child and respecting me as not only an adult, but as a parent. I'm 8 years younger than SO, and even though I'm 27, I swear they act like I'm 12...