April 2016 Moms

BFM 2/29

We're tired, we feel like a whale, we're pregnant......Let it out!!

imageimage

Re: BFM 2/29

• It's Monday.  It's a full work week.  We have to vote on the next two years worth of school calendars by today.  And they are taking our fall break away.  Like...we always have a week off in October.  Now, we will be lucky to get 2 days off.  Yes, I'd rather have that time dispersed through the year, but I've gotten used to that week off.  Give it baaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!!!!!!!!

imageimage
  • Monday morning mandatory meeting. 'Nuff said.

Also, our network drive is down. I actually picked up cardstock to print out some stuff (granted, its not school related...it's tags for my friend's baby shower favors this weekend...still...) and none of the documents I made are available. Actually, scratch that. ALL of the documents are available since I emailed them to my personal email account on Friday afternoon...EXCEPT the one that I was actually going to print out here today for the favors. I mean...really?! It's bad enough that I already have to go grocery shopping for food supplies for the shower tonight, bake one quick loaf a night Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday, then assemble two breakfast casseroles on Friday night to bake first thing Saturday morning...I had REALLY hoped to get the favors done tonight. And this is, of course, the first time EVER the network drive has been down for me.
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm happy I get to flex my lunch hours so I don't have to take anymore personal / vacation time to make up the hours, but that also means I can't go home for lunch anymore and see my husband and toddler, who are so used to me coming home during that time and it splits up the day. It will be like this until I give birth, which I suppose it's not bad, it's 6 weeks.

Why does Leap Day have to fall on a Monday, of all days????

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

It's a boy! Grow baby, grow! EDD: 4/22/2016

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• Brandi81012Brandi81012 member
    edited February 2016
    Had my first random stranger yesterday at work stare at my stomach when she was talking to me and then had the nerve to ask if she could touch. So awkward. Why? Why do people think it's okay to do that? 

eta grammar is hard on this Monday morning.
  • I'm trying really hard to be positive right now, but I'm effing grumpy -.- With all the crap that happened this weekend and not getting ANY sleep last night I'm really ready to rip someone's head off.

I am having to pay my brother to come clean my kitchen, and I'm pissed that I'm having to do that instead of my fiancé taking care of it yesterday, like he said he would -.- He washed the plates and some of the silverware, and that was it. Legitimately we spent all day in bed together, me because I'm always in pain now, and him because he was still reeling from the night before' emotional turmoil, but he swore he would take care of the kitchen. I'm so pissed!

He knows how much it hurts to be on my feet for more than a few minutes at a time, and he knows that I HATE not being able to keep the house clean. I understand that it's different priorities, but I'm ready to beat him. 
  • A couple bc you know it's been a few days:

first to my DH who has been dealing with some sort of muscle related injury for months but has refused to rest it or see doctor.  Stop complaining (non-stop this weekend) and do something about it!  I am not sure if he expects me to pick up slack?  I can't lift more than 30 lbs.  Sympathy is running low.

Also my body has decided that this past weekend is time to be uncomfortable.  I can't stand for extended periods of time without discomfort, I can't sit bc my butt gets sore and sleeping sucks.  5 weeks to go...

Also extremely bummed that baby is breech (35weeks) and mentally preparing myself for possibility of c-section.  I should know what will happen in a few weeks but haven't been able to grasp possibility of major surgery, however routine.  
  • I got like 6 weeks....which seems like FOREVER. Ugh

• Also extremely bummed that baby is breech (35weeks) and mentally preparing myself for possibility of c-section.  I should know what will happen in a few weeks but haven't been able to grasp possibility of major surgery, however routine.  
    I'm coming to terms with probably need a c sec too. 35 wks and baby is still traverse/breech. Because of my gall stones, I'm not willing to try an evc either. I have a us and appt Friday to make a plan. 
  • I hate having to take multiple meds on an empty stomach...I'm so hungry every morning I feel like I'm starving baby. I haven't gained weight in the past 2 week (gained 1, lost 1, then gained 1 again). Just makes me nervous that baby isn't gaining weight. We'll how it goes at my check up today.

My SIL actually came to visit this weekend. Things were pretty good but I hated how she questioned me on only taking 12 wks maternity leave (oh cause she was lucky to get 6 months). I'm already going to be out of work for 5 months because of my disability right now!
  • Went to l&d yesterday due to weakness, dizziness, and vision blacking out. Monitored a few hrs and sent home. No labs, iv,  or answers. I'm still light headed today.  The monitor showed contractions too.

Sat night dh was in a wreck. He swerved to miss a deer, hit an ice patch, spun, went through a fence, down a 30ft embankment, and landed with his front drivers side in a pond. 

It's been a long weekend
  • Apparently, my boss is in denial that I'm actually leaving (and not open to working full time after the baby gets here). I gave work an 8 week notice, with a hard end date of April 1st (due April 11th but measuring slightly ahead). That means they need to hire someone who can start in the next 2.5 weeks so I can get them at least partially trained. I've brought it up just about every day, and was pushing for them to post the job description on Friday. "Oh, we'll do it next week". Well, apparently my boss is handing the final hiring decision over to his boss, who is only in our office on Fridays. So instead of posting it and having a MONTH to find and train someone, we're not posting it until this Friday at the earliest. 

Also, I told them I'd come back part time after delivery (you know, 8-10 weeks after, like a normal person) and they acted like I should be coming back the day after I pop out the kid. My boss was totally taken aback by the fact that I said I would need 10 weeks, and apparently hadn't factored that into his consideration of who he was going to hire (apparently, he was just gonna get a warm body to sit in my seat? I don't know...someone still has to run the office and do payroll...) This is becoming the biggest pain in the butt and making me really happy I'm not coming back full time. 
  • My work laptop is being a pain.  It runs well attached to my monitors for about an hour and then all of a sudden my Internet goes out and I need to restart.  It's not an easy restart and I have to sign in multiple times.  I am also trying to knock out my growing to do list and need my computer to do all of it...having two monitors would be helpful....I really don't want to be away from my docking station...I know...first world problems.

My work is also in denial that I need a temp.  I am not trying to jinx myself by saying baby is coming early but she's measuring big and BP may become an issue.  I've put together work instructions and done my temp planning.  This person doesn't need to start tomorrow but April isn't exactly that far away especially if you want me to interview and train this person.
  • I had to call in sick because my MIL is puking. DH thinks she's not actually sick, but having a physical reaction to having to move and rehome one of her cats. If my FIL had texted me BEFORE 7 AM, that would have been awesome. Instead, I had to call in sick less than an hour before work, so I may get a talking to tomorrow about it...

Anniversary

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• yodiggityyodiggity member
    edited February 2016
    BFM to all the drive by birth announcements from over the weekend. 

I don't really give a crap about drive by babies. Is that rude? I dunno. I care about the active/semi-active people on this board. I mean, yay for babies but who are you even?

Also, my temp has gotten up to "use the restroom", "get some water", "whatever excuse I can think of to get up" about 7 times this morning. I know that what I am currently training her on is boring af but...um.. it's necessary. 

Whatever.  

Also, my anxiety is out of control right now. I'm not sure why. I've been like this since my shower on Saturday. I feel anxious, nauseous and poopy.

edited because I can spell.
  • Have to add another because I'm so sick of people. Yes, people in general. Ok, more like the play by play oversharers on social media. I am seriously so freakin' annoyed at the people who give a literal moment by moment recap of how their day is progressing. And I'm not gonna lie, the people who are annoying me the most are my SAHM mom friends. This is not a jab at any of you who may be SAHMs (honestly I hope to be one some day). But there are too many people on my Facebook feed that feel it necessary to tell every single detail of what is going on in theirs and their kids lives. Every conversation they have they think is funny or cute (newsflash, most of them aren't...), every new thing their kid learns, every picture they ever take of their child, every time they get out of the house, every playdate they have...I promise you, NO ONE CARES!

I get like that when I'm lonely. So when I see other people doing it I usually message them and see how they are doing. I find it annoying AF as well though with the amount of teenagers I'm subjected to on my newsfeed... Seriously, idgaf about you having cereal for breakfast...
  • I have another one... I sign my nephews up for the Home Depot workshops every month. (check them out moms of older toddlers/kids, they are really cute!) Well my sister has a new boyfriend, so she is back to dumping her kids off on her ex husband (really his stepdad's house) every other weekend. Guess what weekend that falls on this month? Guess what she conveniently forgot about AGAIN this month? Guess what she doesn't care about them doing because she doesn't care what her kids do at all when a new penis is in her life? 

I hate that those two kids have two incredibly selfish parents. Im glad that they have such awesome aunts, uncles, and grandparents to try to compensate. And I know she's been through a lot since highschool when she got knocked up, but she's 25. It's time to grow up and put your kids first. One of her kids has talked about building a wagon next time for an entire month, and she just doesn't care. If it wasn't for me signing them up for things they would do nothing except go to school, watch tv, and go to sleep. (Which she gives them melatonin every single night to knock them out for) It's worse with their dad though because he refuses to acknowledge them when he has them, and makes them sit on the couch the entire time they are with him, watching whatever he wants to watch. If they talk to him he yells at them.

Ugh... Now I'm all fucking worked up.
  • Have to add another because I'm so sick of people. Yes, people in general. Ok, more like the play by play oversharers on social media. I am seriously so freakin' annoyed at the people who give a literal moment by moment recap of how their day is progressing. And I'm not gonna lie, the people who are annoying me the most are my SAHM mom friends. This is not a jab at any of you who may be SAHMs (honestly I hope to be one some day). But there are too many people on my Facebook feed that feel it necessary to tell every single detail of what is going on in theirs and their kids lives. Every conversation they have they think is funny or cute (newsflash, most of them aren't...), every new thing their kid learns, every picture they ever take of their child, every time they get out of the house, every playdate they have...I promise you, NO ONE CARES!

Lol This is a big part of the reason why I don't have facebook. I just can't handle it. 
  • @Knottie9983816 It's those kind of parents who should just not have children... I know it's your sister and that sounds harsh, but parents like that seriously piss me off. Family before sex. EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. Come on. Yes, you can have a life and be a parent, but you should also be willing to make sacrifices for your children's happiness. It's great that your family tries to make up for their crappy parenting, but at the same time, someone needs to tell both of the parents that they need to grow up. They're adults with children. They need to start acting like it.

Anniversary

• My BFM goes to On Trac shipping. I had a zulily order delivered this week by them...only it didn't get delivered to my house. Confirmation said delivered to my front door at 4:18pm on Thursday - I was home, no one rang the bell, and our security cam showed only one delivery from fedex all afternoon, so I knew no one stole it. Apparently they misdelivered to the wrong address, one digit off from ours. Our street is weird and cut into like 4 different sections that aren't connected at all, so they really delivered it to a house like 3 blocks away to a neighbor we've obviously never met. She finally dropped it off Sunday afternoon, so at least I got it, but seriously, On Trac? Don't you use GPS?? (Also slight wtf to the neighbor for taking 3 days to bring over a package that wasn't yours...)
  • yodiggity said:
    fbanke42 said:

Watch, your temp is pregnant and is going through the "I have to pee every 15 minutes phase."  :D
    lmfao she's in her late 50's... hahaha so she probably does have to pee every 15 minutes but I can tell it's mostly because I'm boring her because this particular task is very monotonous. I know it is so I don't really blame her. I just want to get through the training portion so that I can have my office back to myself. This is something she can finish up in her own room. I need some space. Also, I can't bump if she's in my office. :sunglasses: lol
    Darn. That would have been so funny.

Anniversary

• fbanke42 said:
    @Knottie9983816 It's those kind of parents who should just not have children... I know it's your sister and that sounds harsh, but parents like that seriously piss me off. Family before sex. EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. Come on. Yes, you can have a life and be a parent, but you should also be willing to make sacrifices for your children's happiness. It's great that your family tries to make up for their crappy parenting, but at the same time, someone needs to tell both of the parents that they need to grow up. They're adults with children. They need to start acting like it.
    Omg we've had so many of these talks... They are both immature people who are obsessed with themselves tbh. (I'm not in a kind mood with everything going on with my fiancé atm) 
  • fbanke42 said:
    @Knottie9983816 It's those kind of parents who should just not have children... I know it's your sister and that sounds harsh, but parents like that seriously piss me off. Family before sex. EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. Come on. Yes, you can have a life and be a parent, but you should also be willing to make sacrifices for your children's happiness. It's great that your family tries to make up for their crappy parenting, but at the same time, someone needs to tell both of the parents that they need to grow up. They're adults with children. They need to start acting like it.
    Omg we've had so many of these talks... They are both immature people who are obsessed with themselves tbh. (I'm not in a kind mood with everything going on with my fiancé atm) 
    The sad part is, they probably don't care and will probably have more kids down the road that they don't want to take care of (obviously not with each other). One of my friends is like that. She's obsessed with herself and dumps her kids into other people. Her oldest wasn't planned but certainly wasn't prevented. Her youngest was planned, but it was a planned child between her and baby-daddy #2, who she hadn't been dating that long. For her, her relationship and having fun come first. She keeps breaking up and getting back together with her boyfriend... Then partying when they're off again. She needs to concentrate on her kids, who are both under 4 years old.

Anniversary

• @fbanke42 could be the same person lol. I will say that between the two my sister IS the better parent, but that's not really saying much. 
  • That definitely deserves a bitch session @AGK2015
  • This is my first BFM, but it's totally needed. 

First, my SIL. She apparently didn't know the date of my baby shower and texted my husband to see if the date had changed. He said no, because it's always been March 12th. She isn't coming to my baby shower, because she had already made plans to go to the local St. Patrick's Day parade. Seriously? It's not like we live in a big city that does really fun stuff for St. Patrick's Day. She just wants to go get drunk. Maybe I'm just being hormonal, but I feel like she could put her family first for once and at least stop by for 30 minutes. 

Second, my aunt. I don't like people touching my belly. At all. At Christmas, she kept touching it even though my husband and I asked her repeatedly to stop. She has apparently told my grandfather that I "snubbed her" at Christmas and really hurt her feelings, and my husband was mean to her. He wasn't mean to her. He was just trying to get her to stop touching me. She has decided that she isn't helping my mom with my baby shower like she said she would, she isn't even coming to my baby shower, and she refuses to get me a gift. All because I don't want her to touch my belly. WTF?! 
  • I need a second BFM and this may spill over to WTF.  I'll also take advice.

Today ends the lease with our crazy tenants.  Of course they have until midnight but the husband called and said the wife had her purse stolen and so they couldn't get everything put of the house or the repairs done.  DH just walked through the house and said it's a mess, they have about two or three u haul vehicles left to haul out.  The wife is useless and can't move anything due to injury and someone needing to watch the kids.  Of course he had to take care of her credit cards and wallet issue because she is so swamped with their two kids so n o thing got done over the weekend.

So this is going to push out repairs that DH needed to do.  I don't know how to handle this situation except putting their stuff in the garage and giving them until Thursdays to get it out before we put it on the curb.  But I am sick of their excuses and just want to get the house listed.  I seriously cried at my desk for 10 minutes when DH told me.  I know we've got the law on our side and we planned for them to pull some kind of bs but this is just too much.
  • AEG84 said:
    Ok I have another one after logging onto facebook and reading a response on a pregnant friend's post about missing sushi. I posted (as did several others) that my doctor is ok with raw sushi as long as it's not from somewhere sketchy. Someone posted on there "If there's a potential to do harm to your baby in any way then I say don't do it!"

I know we're just talking about sushi here, and it's not the end of the world to give it up for 9 months. But seriously? I'm pretty sure that driving/being in a car is a larger statistical risk than eating sushi from somewhere reputable. I'm not going to give up going to work, or running errands, or even vacation plans to not drive anywhere for 9 months. Hmmmmph.
    The anti-sushi propaganda is bogus. Anything you eat could potentially get you sick, but that doesn't mean pregnant people should avoid healthy foods like salad and sushi. I have read how pregnant women in the US don't eat enough fish, even though it is really good to eat since it has all those fatty acids in it. I think the benefits of eating sushi outweigh the risk! And you know pregnant ladies in Japan are eating it!
  • @Ready4theParty I would do exactly that. Put their things in the garage, and give them until (insert random date here) to get rid of it, or it's going to goodwill, or the trash, your call there.

I know how frustrating all this has to be on your end, but keep your chin up. At the end of all of it you know that you and your husband are definitely in the right, and they are irresponsible, crappy people.
  • mmm....I want sushi
  • rebelonerebelone member
    edited February 2016
    My uterus hurts like it's the 1st trimester all over again!! Round ligament pain <ugh>

• @Ready4theParty I would do exactly that. Put their things in the garage, and give them until (insert random date here) to get rid of it, or it's going to goodwill, or the trash, your call there.

I know how frustrating all this has to be on your end, but keep your chin up. At the end of all of it you know that you and your husband are definitely in the right, and they are irresponsible, crappy people.
    Thanks.  I don't think we can do much else.  I want to help them out so bad because I've been down and having understanding people has helped, but they have pulled too much crap in the last eight months, I just feel abused.