Trying to Get Pregnant

WTO Sunday

2»

Re: WTO Sunday

• Months / Cycles: 5/6 (10/12 in all)

CD: 6

WAYDTGKTFU: bbt, hio eod

R/R/CS: Nothing to report, we have had friends in town, so no sex for days, today is when he have to start hio.

GTKY: What is your favorite hobby? 
    I bake and I read.  I baked cookies yesterday and my whole day has been reading and eating cookies.  I probably need a less fatty past time.
  • Loading the player...
  • @houseofsetters; love love love cersai! 

@zrain; ugh - sometimes i get random spotting for a day or so a few days before AF, I think it's particularly rude bc then my period just feels like it's NEVER ENDING (TMI?) I am so excited to hear about your SE Asia trip- hope you have an incredible time!

@zoey1019; i wish i could be that motivated @crossfit

@sandwichlover; pinterest FTW! 

@lcsrva; beer <3 i miss beer lol. 

@meilay; totally jealous of your garden! 

Month/Cycle: 10/10 

CD: 13

WAYDTGKU: BBT, FF, PNV,+DHA BD ED/EOD, NO BOOZE (DAMN YOU WHOLE30! LOL)

R/R/CS: i am le tired. updates tomorrow on the weekend & my ring!

GTKY

Current: All things in the kitchen, I just love being in there :) Cooking for sure & searching for new recipes, PINTEREST FOR THE WIN! Also love menu planning. Exploring/discovering new restaurants, once again food related lol. 

Hobbies I'd like to increase or get back into: Barre-based fitness, reading & traveling. 

ME: 31 | DH: 31

Married: April 2015

TTC (BBT & FF) #1: April 2015 (Off BC: January 2015)

Fur Baby: 1 English Mastiff (Rupert) 

• Zoey1019  @MrsBinPA Yesss so happy to see other X-fitters here! 

Months / Cycles: 2/2

CD: 2 -- started "CD1" late so I took everyone here's advice and shifted my FF data so now today is actually CD2.

WAYDTGKTFU: Nothing yet. Just charting. OH still associates a thermometer beep with being sick so it always confuses him when he hears me doing it at 8AM haha.

R/R/CS: The weather this weekend here! Went on a 25-mile bike ride. It was great until I got caught in a really bad headwind, but damn it's gorgeous outside. Also happy that AF hasn't been too terrible. Leading up to it, I was extremely crampy, but my city's children's museum did a formal "adults only" night last night and I got dressed up for it and didn't even feel like AF was happening. 

GTKY: What is your favorite hobby? A tie between olympic weightlifting and cooking. If I'm not in the squat rack, I'm probably in the kitchen :)
  • Months / Cycles: 2

CD: 37

WAYDTGKTFU: Didn't ovulate on the clomid this cycle. Doctor won't get me in until the 8th. So basically I'm doing nothing until then. 

R/R/CS: My cycle was 51 days last month. Maybe I'll get AF by then and won't have to take something to start it. Idk. I was actually surprised to get anovulatory bleeding at all last cycle, so maybe my cycles have changed with age and I will get them more than once a year. At any rate, just sitting around waiting to try again sucks. :( But I will creep your guys' attempts and that will make me feel better.

GTKY: I don't know what I would consider my hobby. I play video games. I play D&D when I can get a group, though it's been awhile. I draw. I cook. I sing. But I don't really focus on one of these things.
    Husband & I married May 26th, 2012
    Me 28 Him 28
    TTC #1 since January 1st 2016
    Anovulatory with PCOS
    Clomid 50;100;150;200: No O
    TSH 3.75 Put on 50mg levothyroxine
    1500 MG Metformin
    7.5 MG Letrozole: No Follicles
    9 MG Letrozole: 21mm Follicle no pregnancy
    4 cycles at 9 MG Letrozole, No pregnancy

• Month/Cycle: 7/7 or 4/4 TTCAL

CD: 15

WAYDTGKU: Temping, charting, checking CM+cervix, OPKs, SMEP, etc. Ya know, the usual.

R/R/CS: This morning did not go to plan at all. I woke up from a bad dream and was so upset I forgot all about temping so I just set straight up and took a minute to realize it was only a dream. I realized it was too late to get a reliable temp after the sitting up plus waiting a good minute or so. Decided to try to temp anyhow and yeah, it was strangely high so I didn't even chart it. Went to the bathroom around 1:30 to do my first OPK of the day and the first Wondfo I dipped looked like it was going to be a dye run so I dipped another really quick so I could flush my cup 'o pee. First Wondfo I dipped was very nearly positive and the second I dipped (in the same cup) was very, very negative. I mean I guess it doesn't matter because I'm planning to BD with the assumption that I'll ovulate soon, but still. 

GTKY: I enjoy baking but I can't really actively participate in that hobby because I eat what I bake and then I gain lots of weight. So, no baking for me unless it's a holiday and I can leave the baked goods with family or something. 

I also enjoy reading, video games and sewing.

I'm planning to start a kitchen garden once the weather warms up enough for spring planting. Not too crazy just some spices (mint, thyme, maybe some oregano and parsley) and a couple of vegetables. I'm going to have to somewhat plan my planting around what won't kill my cat if/when he gets into it because he loves to eat all things green.

Me: 28 Husband: 31
    TTC#1: January 2015- September 2016
    Infertility, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
    Rainbow baby born June 6, 2017  ❤️

Baby #2 due June 12, 2018
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Sorry for CD1 ladies. :/

@zrain FX for O soon.

@pretzle2plus1 I like to crochet as well! I have only made a couple of afghans/blankets though.

@ladymillil Sorry about your sis. That sucks.

Months / Cycles: 3/4 TTCAL

CD: 12

WAYDTGKTFU: the usual

R/R/CS: No O yet, my CM has been very little. I hope I O today or tomorrow like normal. I think H is getting annoyed with the ED during FW. Maybe we will try EOD next cycle.

GTKY: What is your favorite hobby? I wouldn't say I have a favorite. I like to paint. I don't do it near enough.
    TTC#1 July 2015 
    • BFP: 9/16/15 — MC: 11/8/15 Blighted Ovum
    • BFP: 3/10/16 — Baby Girl born 11/20/16
    TTC#2 April 2019 
    • BFP: 9/12/19 — EDD 5/15/20

• @meilay
    I had a really similar experience with my DH last cycle! We basically started the month NTNP and it was a very unofficial beginning. We both knew what the end result could be but DH wasn't ready to really talk it out yet. We had a great conversation about a week into the TWW where he really opened up about how excited he was but also how nervous, and how he struggled because for me my excitement outweighed my nervousness, but for him it was the opposite. It felt good to get into his head a bit! It's nice to hear about someone else who had a similar experience in the beginning!
    **Formerly @aliciabhen**
    Me: 26 DH: 24
    Married: November 2015  <3
    TTC#1: January 2016
    BFP: 5/02/16 - MC: 5/27/16
    Computer Hope
  • **Question in GTKY**

Months / Cycles:
    2/2
    CD: 16
    WAYDTGKTFU: Temping & Wishful Thinking 
    R/R/CS:  Temp went back down today. I'm really tired today.  

I'm currently binge watching Catfish. so great.
    GTKY: What is your favorite hobby?  I have to pick just one?  I would probably say any type of crafting makes me happy! 

I also like to read..

I need to start a B4B bucket list.. to keep my mind occupied. Things to do..books to read.. 

Does Anyone have any good books that I have to read while I have time?? OR things you have on your bucket list??

Me: 31 | Husband: 32
    Married: September 2014!
    TTC #1: January 2016 BFP 5/16/16 Quinn Born 1/27/17 

• NamelessAriaNamelessAria member
    edited February 2016
    **Question in GTKY**
    Does Anyone have any good books that I have to read while I have time?? OR things you have on your bucket list??
    What genres do you enjoy? I've read some decent books lately but I mostly read sci-fi, fantasy or historical fiction.
    Me: 28 Husband: 31
    TTC#1: January 2015- September 2016
    Infertility, Recurrent Pregnancy Loss
    Rainbow baby born June 6, 2017  ❤️

Baby #2 due June 12, 2018
    BabyFruit Ticker

• ***question and way tmi***

I called today CD1 but I'm wondering if it's actually CD2-3. Wednesday night I started spotting, very minimal. Thursday more spotting. Friday and yesterday I had what I would consider maybe slightly more than spotting, some red blood (mainly after BMs), but still not enough that I was filling a tampon, so I was still calling it spotting. Today I had what I guess was full flow, but now it's done already and back to just spotting when I wipe. I just really don't know what to consider CD1, and it wouldn't matter much except that I need to start Clomid on CD3. I'm thinking maybe Friday really was CD1, just with light flow. But also wondering if I should just err on the side of caution, since last month the RE was fine with me doing Clomid CD4-8 if I couldn't get in before then for my baseline u/s. Sorry this is confusing, but does anyone have any input? 

Also if I call today CD1, that gives me my normal 12 day LP. Obviously anything earlier would shorten it, but this was my first round of Clomid, so I don't know that it would be that unusual for my LP to change? 

DS: June 2008
    Married: July 2015
    BFP: 5/20/16  |  EDD: 1/28/17  |  Twin boys born 1/16/17
  • @NamelessAria It really depends on what mood I'm in -- typically move between historical fiction, all kinds of fiction, funny mystery.  

Me: 31 | Husband: 32
    Married: September 2014!
    TTC #1: January 2016 BFP 5/16/16 Quinn Born 1/27/17 

• @CajunSnowWhite89 not really..  I usually temp between 5 and 530 and I actual set my alarm this weekend to do so.  We were at my parents house this weekend but I always being my pillow with me so I slept just fine lol.  We did have some drinks both nights, but now an excessive amount.  Like 1 margarita one night and a couple glasses of wine the next.   The temps aren't even all that high...  I think the previous low temps threw it off.  Time will tell! 
  • @gardeniagirlknits - with the CBAD OPKs, you're supposed to just take them in the mornings.  The only time (last cycle) I had it not give me a peak was when I started taking it a day or two too late in my cycle.  From what I understand, it takes a snapshot of your LH and estrogen and compares it to the previous day.  So if you start taking it on a day that would actually be more likely to be high (or getting close to high), I think it just won't end up being able to see enough of a difference to switch over to peak.  They actually tell you in the instructions not to use afternoon urine.  

I believe this is because you'll have a higher hormone levels in the afternoon, so if it tries to compare those to the morning ones, you'll potentially get a false peak (or a false high if it was actually a low day).  I can draw a graph of what I mean if that doesn't make sense.  The problem with false "highs" is that I don't think it ever shifts back down if you get a high too early.  So you'll see lots of the flashing face.  And if you get a false "peak" you're stuck with that reading for two days and then you have to start over with recalibrating it, I'm fairly certain.

They aren't all that clear on exactly how the CBAD, but that's what I've been able to piece together from a bunch of reading and the experience of playing with three types of OPKs the last few cycles... (I love data.)
    Me: 30 DH: 32 ~~ TTC #1: Sep 2015 ~~ BFP: Mar 2016 ~~ Daughter: Nov 2016
    TTC #2: April 2018 ~~ BFP: May 2018 ~~ EDD: January 2019

• Months / Cycles: 2

CD: 1

WAYDTGKTFU: all the things! 

R/R/CS: day 1 of month 2 and feeling so much better. The TWW is stressful! Stoked to have gotten through the big move and excited for this month. Feel like I learned a lot last month and hopefully it will keep the crazy at bay this month. Plus living in a new place will be such a great distraction. 

GTKY: What is your favorite hobby? Yoga 

• MrsDho11 said:
    @gardeniagirlknits - with the CBAD OPKs, you're supposed to just take them in the mornings.  The only time (last cycle) I had it not give me a peak was when I started taking it a day or two too late in my cycle.  From what I understand, it takes a snapshot of your LH and estrogen and compares it to the previous day.  So if you start taking it on a day that would actually be more likely to be high (or getting close to high), I think it just won't end up being able to see enough of a difference to switch over to peak.  They actually tell you in the instructions not to use afternoon urine.  

I believe this is because you'll have a higher hormone levels in the afternoon, so if it tries to compare those to the morning ones, you'll potentially get a false peak (or a false high if it was actually a low day).  I can draw a graph of what I mean if that doesn't make sense.  The problem with false "highs" is that I don't think it ever shifts back down if you get a high too early.  So you'll see lots of the flashing face.  And if you get a false "peak" you're stuck with that reading for two days and then you have to start over with recalibrating it, I'm fairly certain.

They aren't all that clear on exactly how the CBAD, but that's what I've been able to piece together from a bunch of reading and the experience of playing with three types of OPKs the last few cycles... (I love data.)
    @MrsDho11 I read and re read the directions today to be sure I began on the appropriate day,  tested at the appropriate time and basically followed all the directions,  and I did.  But I also read that 22% of women will not see there peak until after 5 days of "high"  so that made me feel a bit better.   I'll keep testing until 9 days of high and no peak just to be sure,  but I guess Most of my confusion lies within the my chart...  It looks like I've ovulated if you JUST look at bbt and cm.  So that's why I ask if it's possible that it missed my lh surge.  I hope that makes sense.  Thanks for getting back to me:)  it's helpful to have another set of eyes! 

Married May 2014
    TTC Nov 2014-Aug 2016
    Aug 2015 Dx: Thyroid Cancer and Hashimotos
    Total Thyroidectomy October 2015 
    Ovarian Cystectomy Nov 2015
    CANCER FREE and resumed TTC Dec 2015.

• **Question in GTKY**

Months / Cycles:
    2/2

CD: 16

WAYDTGKTFU: Temping & Wishful Thinking 

R/R/CS:  Temp went back down today. I'm really tired today.  

I'm currently binge watching Catfish. so great.

GTKY: What is your favorite hobby?  I have to pick just one?  I would probably say any type of crafting makes me happy! 

I also like to read..

I need to start a B4B bucket list.. to keep my mind occupied. Things to do..books to read.. 

I took the time to re-read all off my old childhood favorites...Anne of Green Gables, Narnia, Little Women, Little House of the Prairie books, Little Peincess, Number the Stars,etc. It was nostalgic!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • **Lurking from TWW (kinda)**

@Loulieface

I am a huge reader! I just finished the second book in a new series, the first was called The Queen of Tearling by Erika Johansen. It's a cross between the Hunger Games and Alice and Wonderland. So good. I also just joined a website called Good Reads. You pick a bunch of genres you like, and then pick books you've already read, and it tells you titles you might like. But it also has pretty much every book you can think of. I also needed something to get my mind off things, and this is helping! I have made a list of books I want to read, so I'm going to try to work on getting through it! 
    Oh also, another book I just read that was freaking amazing was Me Before You by JoJo Moyes. 
  • Months / Cycles: 6/5

CD: 17

WAYDTGKTFU: OPK, PNV, BBT, PRESEED, SMEP

R/R/CS: Patiently waiting for FF to give me crosshairs which I think will happen tomorrow if I get another high temp. This is the first month in a while that I have felt good about our timing. The last two cycles we had crap for timing and that made me really pessimistic during the TWW.

GTKY: What is your favorite hobby? I would say probably baking. I cant cook to save my life but give me some flour and sugar and I can whip up just about anything.

Me: 32 DH: 30

Married since September 2015

TTC since September 2015

Diagnosis (October 2016): Unexplained Infertility

Protocol (November 2016): Clomid 100 mg & IUI

• @virginiaham Could you recommend some podcasts? I would like to try some while crocheting or driving to work in the mornings. Music gets a little boring (for me) and sometimes it's hard to watch tv while crocheting when I really need to be looking at the yarn!
                                Me: 26, H: 28
                                Married since 2012
                                TTC #1 since July 2015
                                 **TW**
                                         Laparoscopy and Endometriosis dx February 2016
                                HSG and SA all clear! September 2016
                                 Testing with RE October 2016
                                                        BFP 11/5/2016 ~ EDD 7/19/2016

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker
  • Months / Cycles: 18/13

CD: 12

WAYDTGKTFU: Everything.

R/R/CS: It's Monday at the beginning of the world right now, Mondays >.<

GTKY: Research? I like to know the answer to everything medical related, so I tend to google a LOT - is that a hobby? Actually I'm going to study part time in the hopes of changing my career to a medical laboratory scientist, that's how much I love research and medical stuff :smiley: 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    My Chart ::::: My Blog
    Married since July 2008
    MC Nov 2011 || MMC Jan 2013 || MC Jun 2013 || Baby Boy April 2014 || MMC Dec 2014 || MMC Apr 2015
    Diagnosed Jan 2016 as having been infertile due to scarring since last MMC.
    Diagnosed 2016 with Lupus.
  • @sldp123 I was somewhat in the same pickle this cycle.  I had spotting probably heavy enough for a pantiliner Wednesday PM (after 5pm) but called that spotting and Thursday CD1.  The RE office seemed OK with my assessment.  Things for me are always so light it is hard to tell.

I say go with your gut.  You know your body best. 
    ****TW****

Me: 39 DH: 40
    Married: 12/6/2014

BFP#1: 1/20/15      MC: 2/14/15
    BFP#2: 10/28/15    MC: 11/24/15
    BFP#3:  3/20/16     MC: 4/26/16
    BFP#4:  7/15/16     DD: 3/18/17
    BFP#5:  5/1/18     EDD: 1/12/19
    Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• @MrsDho11 I am very interested to hear how accupuncture goes for you this cycle! I, too, would love to O much earlier in my cycle.
  • @gardeniagirlknits - no problem! Was just trying to explain what I think the dangers are of morning and afternoon testing with CBAD.

• @pretzel2plus1 I know you didn't ask me, but I love podcasts!! If you haven't listened to Serial yet, it's a great intro. Undisclosed is a follow-up to season 1 of Serial, and it's is pretty good, too. I also love Radiolab, Dear Sugar, and Love And Radio. The New York Magazine podcasts (Sex Lives and the Vulture TV podcast) are fun, too. I catch WTF with Marc Morin and Fresh Air when I have time for something more long-form (or when I like the interviewee). Guys We F*cked is often hilarious, if crude (I like crude). I don't listen to a lot of fictional podcasts, but Limetown was fun, although the ending kind of sucked. 
  • Months / Cycles: 12

CD: 9

WAYDTGKTFU: Temping, CM, CD21 test coming up, BD EODish this week

R/R/CS: Ughhhh. Sunday's are HARD. Church is hard, seeing all the families and babies. Home is hard, imagining spending lazy Sunday afternoons with little ones. We spent time with family who probably mean well, but make us feel small without kids. "When I was your age, I had a 5 year old hanging from my leg..." Great. Good for you. 

We just had a tough day. We have both been pretty down about TTC today. DH wants to open up to family for support, but I'm just not ready. I know he has a good point. We are both vunerable and sad and it's hard to hold each other up. But I'm afraid it will only be judgement and talking behind our backs and pressure if we tell HIS family. Mine would be ok, but I'm just not ready to open up yet. 

GTKY: Photography. Just around the house and on trips, not of other people or weddings or anything. 
    Married 2011
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    Fur child: One awesome Golden Retriever
    IUI August 2016  : Cancelled due to polyp
    September 2016: Polyp removal/hysteroscopy
    October 2016: IUI #1- BFN
    November 2016: IUI #2- BFN
    December 2016: IUI #3 - BFN
    January/February 2017 - IVF + ICSI + PGD
    March 2017 - FET

• @virginiaham Could you recommend some podcasts? I would like to try some while crocheting or driving to work in the mornings. Music gets a little boring (for me) and sometimes it's hard to watch tv while crocheting when I really need to be looking at the yarn!
    Yes!!  This American Life & the Moth (which I personally find hit or miss) are my go-to's.  There was a delicious podcast thread awhile back that you can search for, too! :blush: 
    me . early 30's | h . mid 30's | < 3 . 2013

ntnp #2 . summer 2018

*siggy warning*

ttc#1 . jul 2015
    mmc . mar 2016 | 6w2d
    dx PCOS (non-IR) / subclinical hypothyroidism . summer 2016
    tx metformin, levothyroxine, LP progesterone, femara + trigger + ti . fall/winter 2016
    BFP! . jan 2017
    DD . oct 2017

• @Mlight28 - *hugs*

• Thanks @MrsDho11   :)
    I'll be waiting to hear how your acupuncture goes. I've got a slightly later O day usually, and always wonder if that's any part of our problem. 
    Fx it makes your O sooner!
    Married 2011
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    March 2017 - FET

• @linzrunz Welcome!! Hope your stay here is short and sweet. 
    You totally deserve whipped cream from a can after deep cleaning the entire house, especially on CD1. I usually just curl up on the couch and sulk. Haha. You go girl! 
    Married 2011
    TTC #1 since April 2015
    March 2017 - FET

• @Mlight28 Thanks!! Things have changed a lot since I was on here last. I had to wait 3 days to post after I finally decided to sign up. But so far I'm liking it.

Not sure what got into me. Usually I'm on the couch but I had a surge of energy and went with it. 

Married 07.21.07
    DS#1 01.23.09
    DS#2 08.01.11
    TTC#3  08.31.15
    Laparoscopy/Hysteroscopy/HSG 05.16.17
    Hysteroscopy 10.04.17 10.05.17
    Laparoscopy/Hysteroscopy/HSG 01.10.19
    Left tube removed
    dx: Endometriosis, Adenomyosis
    BC: February-October 2019
    TTA: November-December 2019
    NTNP: January 2020!

• sLass42sLass42 member
    edited February 2016
    Edited- because it's def not sunday....moving this mon. sorry!
    @Kay6519 I love working with rescues. Ended up working as vet tech, but it's not as rewarding when you're exhausted from working the long hours. Volunteer is the way to go!

@JediAlly85 Zelda is my childhood! It would make such a cute name, but you'd have to get her that shirt:

Months / Cycles: 7/6

CD: 4

WAYDTGKTFU: everything!

R/R/CS: completely thrown off now.. Last cycle was 37 days with AF lasting 7. This cycle 27 days AF lasted 3 days?? Relying mostly on opks at this point since I have a horrendous sleeping schedule. Wishing for good sleep so I can temp...
    Getting really stressed out with DH and the house hunt. We have till May, but most rentals only hold a place for like 10 days so it seems like you're rushed to jump on something. Found a ton a cute places, but alas they will be rented by May.

GTKY: What is your favorite hobby?
    Cooking, video games, and my furry children!
    -*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    My Personal, Frequently Changing Gif Party>>>