April 2016 Moms

Light Weight Stroller??

The stroller that I originally registered for and tested out in the store has been discontinued :( Does anyone have any recommendations or suggestions for a good lightweight stroller?

TIA 

Re: Light Weight Stroller??

• Can you still get it somewhere else, maybe Amazon? The double we got was the older version of the City Mini Double Jogger, 2014 version. We picked it up on Amazon for a great price.
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Can you still get it somewhere else, maybe Amazon? The double we got was the older version of the City Mini Double Jogger, 2014 version. We picked it up on Amazon for a great price.
    My shower is in 2 weeks so I'm hoping to possibly get it for the shower. If not I will definitely look elsewhere for it. 
  • Loading the player...
  • cmjenkiescmjenkies member
    edited February 2016
    Depends on how lightweight you want to go - I quite like the Chicco Liteway Plus. Had a Liteway with DS and for us it worked well - the Plus, which is the newest model, folds like an umbrella but also accepts our infant carrier like a travel system.
  • We need more details about what you need for the best recommendation! If you just need a lightweight umbrella stroller, we really like our Uppababy G-Luxe. It's a competitor to the McLaren (sp?) but cheaper, only negative comparison is that it doesn't fully recline (DD hates this anyway). Good luck! 
  • JadaBlue said:
    We need more details about what you need for the best recommendation! If you just need a lightweight umbrella stroller, we really like our Uppababy G-Luxe. It's a competitor to the McLaren (sp?) but cheaper, only negative comparison is that it doesn't fully recline (DD hates this anyway). Good luck! 
    Yes, I'm just looking for an umbrella stroller. The McLaren is the stroller that I registered for that BRU is no longer carrying... I have the Uppababy Vista Jake Stroller so will definitely look into the G-Luxe. I just hate that BRU doesn't carry uppababy.  My car seat is the Maxi Cosi, so I was considering looking into their light weight stroller as well. Thanks for the recommendation! 
  • JadaBlue said:
    We need more details about what you need for the best recommendation! If you just need a lightweight umbrella stroller, we really like our Uppababy G-Luxe. It's a competitor to the McLaren (sp?) but cheaper, only negative comparison is that it doesn't fully recline (DD hates this anyway). Good luck! 
    Yes, I'm just looking for an umbrella stroller. The McLaren is the stroller that I registered for that BRU is no longer carrying... I have the Uppababy Vista Jake Stroller so will definitely look into the G-Luxe. I just hate that BRU doesn't carry uppababy.  My car seat is the Maxi Cosi, so I was considering looking into their light weight stroller as well. Thanks for the recommendation! 
    Well, I don't know how much help this is to you given your circumstance, but I have a Maclaren Triumph from 2008 and I love it (got it used on Craigslist). I don't think it would really work for a tiny baby since it is an umbrella stroller, but it's definitely been my preferred stroller since we got it (when DD was about 1.5).
    kids with flags
  • we got Britax B - Safe travel system for our first son last year. Stroller is very light weight. We love it. 
  • The urbini line at walmart is super lightweight. I got the hummingbird. Thing weighs 7lbs