2nd Trimester
Options

Flying

Is flying at 30 weeks safe? My OB said sure. I'm nervous. 
Baby #2 coming in August!

Re: Flying

• Options
    If your dr says yes then go for it they know better then we do :) 
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    if your OB said sure then you're fine.
  • Options
    Depending on how long your flight it... Make sure you get up and move a couple of times during your flight and buy compression socks and wear them on the plane. It will help with swelling! But if your OB says go for it then listen to him/her. If you truly don't feel comfortable flying it's fine to decline.
  • Options
    As long as your low risk you can fly up to 36 weeks with a medical note from your doctor. So if your doctor says it's fine, then go for it.

I plan on flying at 28 weeks and then 30 weeks internationally. (10 hours and then a 6 hour flight both ways) and my doctor said it was fine. 
  • Options
    Let me clear this up for you, so you "get it". I wasn't looking for a snarky remark. I was curious to see if anyone else flew after 28 weeks.  @lalala2004

Thanks gals. I was just nervous. I totally forgot about compression socks! 

Baby #2 coming in August!
  • Options
    Why would you be nervous about flying at 30 weeks?

Most MD's don't want you flying/driving far pass a certain distance.  Not because of the risk to you/baby but due to the risk of having complications so far from home and going to a hospital that does not have your records. 
  • Options
    Drumski said:
    Let me clear this up for you, so you "get it". I wasn't looking for a snarky remark. I was curious to see if anyone else flew after 28 weeks.  @lalala2004

Thanks gals. I was just nervous. I totally forgot about compression socks! 

Eye roll. 
  • Options
    I flew at 30 weeks no problem. I had a healthy, low risk pregnancy though. I can totally get how you might still feel nervous because nearly every woman more than 10 years older than me scolded me for it and told me I couldn't/it wasn't safe. I told them my doctor and I were both okay with it and they mostly looked at me like I was deranged and shook their heads.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I flew at 34 weeks last time, no big deal. Trust your medical professional when they saw something is ok, they are pretty smart people.