TTC After a Loss

Great Big Thank You!

Got my hopes up too high on the day of my expected period, and when AF came I felt blindsided. I'm better now. Looking at the positive side and all that, but that day I just wanted to talk to someone, besides just DH, about how I felt. I texted two of my only friends, both live long distance, and tried to bring up the issue. Just was looking for consolment I think. Well, both were awkward, as expected, but each conversation quickly wound back to an issue they were having. (I have a knack for liking to help people, but in doing so no one thinks I need help) Before, this would have made me depressed, but now I'm fine with it. And I think it's because of this wonderful community :) so what if none of my fleshy friends or family  truly know how I feel or what I am going through! I have a great group of ladies online that are all experiencing the same thing in a different way. You ladies have all been so supporting and caring, and it feels great to be a part of this group. I just wanted to thank you all :)

I'm new to gifs, but I have a huge arsenal of memes!
Wish I could make human babies like I make plant babies!

There's a gazillion of them!!
Married to  for 3yrs w/5 furbabies :*
TTC for 2 yrs.
One loss at 9 wks, May 2014
Two chemicals before TTC
Preparing for infertility testing

Re: Great Big Thank You!

• Loading the player...
  • You guys have quite literally saved my sanity. I'm a full time stay at home mom (I do seamstress work from home too) and the DH works from home. Dealing with loss and ttc is stressful enough... But I don't really have an outlet outside of these walls and I'm ALWAYS around hubby. Being able to just speak to other women freely and see that other people are dealing with ish too changes so much perspective. 

Mama to two perfect little girls.
    Lucy 07-13-11
    Violet 03-13-14
    Conceived #3 since September 2015
    11-25-15 twelve week loss
    07-21-16 ten week loss
    10-03-16 5 week loss
    TTC again soon!
  • Thankful for this group! I always say that I hate for anyone else to have to go through this, but I am so grateful to have you all. There is something that you understand that not many in my life do. I love that I might feel crazy but then I come here and can breathe a sigh of relief that I am not all that crazy, after all.

Wishing you all the best and excited for what's to come!
  • edited February 2016
    Yeah, totally. I feel like everyone else is kind of bored (not in a malicious way, rather just like @DinosaurJumper they're ready for me to help them again) with my experience with losing our baby. We went pubic with everything and people were wonderful and surprising, but that's over now. It's scary and it's been wonderful to be able to come here and talk about it freely. Absolutely tremendous people here.
    Renee, 34 + Devon, 29 married 08/13 <3
    TTC  09/15
    *TW Loss mentioned*
    BFP 12/15/15 EDD: 08/26/16
    MMC discovered 1/25/16 at 9 +3
    TTCAL 3/2016
    Acupuncture 11/16
    Dx December 2016: unexplained 
    January 2017: 50 mg Clomid + TI =
    BFP #2 01/30/17  Please be a sticky baby!
    EDD: 10/15/17  Measuring ahead! 10/12/17 
    Ambrose born on his due date!

• @reneeannemm I totally understand what you mean about people assuming you are passed your grief. I actually think I've felt worse the last month than I did the month after my MC. What's funny is that people have stopped being sensitive about it. They are chatting away about pregnant people due to same week as me, stopped checking in on me, etc. People who haven't been through it don't get it, but I think TTC after loss in some ways is more traumatic than the actual MC. The day after my MC, I felt pretty good about my chances having a live healthy baby, but since my body has started readjusting, I feel less and less good about my chances as my body does more and more weird, confusing things. 
  • @chloe97 I completely agree with your sentiment that you felt better soon after your miscarriage. I thought I'd be pregnant and recovered soon after my MC. As the months tick by I'm feeling less and less optimistic as things slowly feel adjust.
  • I'd be lost without this community. Like everyone has said, it's so awesome to be a part of a community where everyone understands what you're going through. Only a few people I know have had losses, but they are all in a different state from me, and where I am in my schooling/career, it's pretty uncommon to be TTC anyway. So all of you guys have kept me sane, calmed my fears, and let me know everything is going to be okay! Hugs to you all! 

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker                                       

• I love this thread! Thanks @DinosaurJumper for getting this started. You all are an amazing group of women, love you all! This forum has helped me tremendously. I agree let's all move to the PGAL group together
    ******TW******Siggy warning
    BFP1 04/24/2015 EDD Dec 2015 MMC 10W5d;
    BFP 2 09/25/2015 EDD June 2016 MMC 9wks; 
    BFP 3 03/22/2016 EDD Dec 6th 2016 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker