August 2016 Moms

Pregnancy back pain and strange dreams

I'm 15 weeks and having some back pain while I sleep. Has anyone gotten a pregnancy pillow to help with back pain? If so, what type have you looked at / bought? 

Also so get strange dreams every night and once I go to the bathroom it is hard to go to sleep. Anyone else experience this? It's a pain to be awake and your hubby is snoring! 

Re: Pregnancy back pain and strange dreams

• Yes! I have scoliosis, so I figure my back pain so early is more related to that. I put a heat pad under my back when I lay down to go to bed. But i have struggled with getting back to sleep after peeing since the beginning of the pregnancy. I asked my doctor and melatonin is totally safe so I picked up these gummies (from target) suggests by my friend. It says to take two on the bottle, but one was enough to keep me asleep and fall back asleep after peeing. I have also had some CRAZY dreams. They have mostly been really scary.

Pregnancy20ticker

• Unisom is the only way I can get a good night sleep these days. My OB suggested it. 
    *TW Spoiler*

DD: Aug '16

10/2017: Twins confirmed with TTTS at 22 weeks. 
    10/10/17 Twin B passed after in utero placenta surgery
    11/2/17 Twin A & B born 
    11/26/17: Twin A passed after 24 days fighting in the NICU
    Benched 6 months 
    BFP: 6/28/18 MC:7/16/18  BO
    BFP: 10/2/18 EDD 6/15/18

• Loading the player...
  • I have been having nightmares every night. My last two pregnancies I had really uncomfortable sex dreams all the time, but this time it has been gruesome nightmares. I don't know which is worse lol! I also never got a pregnancy pillow but I would sleep on my side with a pillow in between my legs and that helped me!
  • Do you know if melatonin gummy  affect other medications? I will try the pillow between my legs as I sleep on my side. Thanks for the responses!! 
  • Edsilva14 said:
    Do you know if melatonin gummy  affect other medications? I will try the pillow between my legs as I sleep on my side. Thanks for the responses!! 
    I couldn't say. I would ask your doctor

Pregnancy20ticker

• I am 14 1/2 weeks and I have had lower back pain for the first time ever. I have been doing light yoga to get some temporary relief. Yoga with Adriene has some really great sequences for beginners (like me). 

And me too on the weird dreams! I feel like I wake up exhausted in the morning bc my dreams are so intense. 
  • My back is still OK. But the sleep thing escapes me lately. And the Dreams- they're all super naughty!!!!! I wake up and feel like a super tramp. Lol. But it makes me laugh cause I'm like where in the world is this coming from.