July 2016 Moms

Body Pillow Input Please!

I am looking for a great body pillow.  I think either U-shaped or just an extra long pillow.  Any suggestions on what to get or what to avoid are appreciated.  I have been doing research but there are so many to choose from that I thought I would start by asking here.

Re: Body Pillow Input Please!

• Snoogle mini. It isthe love child of the big Snoogle (u pillow) and a straight pillow.
  • I bought the Bobby pregnancy pillow - not a fan so far maybe when I'm bigger. I toss and turn all night and each time have to reposition it and the fabric is rough. 
  • Loading the player...
  • I love my snoogle
  • I have the snoogle that is in the shape of a C! Works wonders!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I bought a snoogle, however if you like to switch sides a lot at night, its really big an annoying to maneuver it. I actually find that if I use an extra blanket, I can shape it so it gives me the support i need. I personally find an extra blanket or pillow more comfortable than the snoogle. 
  • I just use a body pillow in between my legs... I did for my last preg too... my only issue is I sometimes get hot in the middle of the night with it.
  • I am just using a body pillow right now, but there are some pregnancy pillows on Zulily right now! 
  • I bought a long fuzzy body pillow from Walmart for 15$ and it works wonders. You have to shift it from side to side when you roll, but it helps me actually get a little sleep! I went my entire last pregnancy just propping myself with multiple pillows, so far I am already getting much better nights sleeps than last time around. 
  • I have just used a regular body pillow and it's my three pregnancies. 
    imageimage

image"AlternaTickers">image
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • I have the two curled end snoogle and it is my favorite thing! I used to do a body pillow but this has helped me a lot! 
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• I have the snoogle- I didn't like it at first because I would get so hot at night in the first tri but I'm liking it better now and not having problems.
  • Snoogle for life! I used to try to move it when I rolled over at night, but lately I've just been falling asleep on my left with it behind me, and when I roll onto my right I just hug it instead. Seems to do the trick both ways (at least for right now).
    July BMB Siggy Challenge: Weird Hot Dog Situations
  • I keep my snoogle on one side and another pillow on my other side for when I roll over. My husband hates it, but it's the only way I can sleep. 
  • Another C shaped snoogle lover here. Its made a huge difference.
  • I have the Boppy pillow from Target. I absolutely LOVE the back piece that comes with it. It has been helping keep the pain in check! 
  • I have a bump nest body pillow. It's shape is a giant candy cane. I love it but it's on the pricey side. It also comes with a beanie for your baby in the same fabric of your pillow!
  • I have a C shaped snoogle also. Sometimes I feel like that thing is an octopus attacking me when switching sides but I still much better with it than without.
  • Snoooooooogggglllleeee!!!!

You snuggle yourself up in there snoogle and watch some tv. Best ever. 
  • Snoogle here too. I've always slept with a body pillow and had to adjust to the difference (more narrow but thicker around) and suddenly at 19-20 weeks it just worked and I began to love it. 

I love ice that I don't have to adjust it to roll over in the night. I toss and turn and because it wraps around me, I can pull my leg through when I roll over and it's already there. It was also an adjustment giving up my own pillow for the neck portion. I'm so picky about pillows. I thought for sure that I had wasted that money for the first 4-6 weeks I had the pillow. 
  • I have the leachco back n' belly - it's a little big huge but it's suuuuuper comfy and I love how I can switch sides without having to move the pillow. <3
    Image result for jackson april gif baby
  • joleri23 said:
    Snoogle for life! I used to try to move it when I rolled over at night, but lately I've just been falling asleep on my left with it behind me, and when I roll onto my right I just hug it instead. Seems to do the trick both ways (at least for right now).
    I have the mini but that's what I do too, rather than try to reposition it. However, I have a SLIGHT issue with the mini snoogle. The less curved side (if you look at it, it's very clear) hits me right at boob level sometimes, and those don't need any more padding anywhere around them/under them. So I might try to upgrade to the full size considering that I will either lay back against it or hug it when I roll over.
    1st born at 35+4 on 6/6/16
    Team green turned BLUE!
    2nd born at 38+6 on 8/30/18 
    Team green turned PINK!
    Due with #3 on 6/6/20 Team Green

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I literally just got my snoogle in today and I have already snuggled it and it's currently wrapped around me while I eat potato salad. This thing is amazing. 
  • Wow!!! Thank you all so much.  This is wonderful!  I will be ordering soon.
  • My dog and myself use the snoogle.
  • Snoogle all the way. It became my best friend last pregnancy and definitely putting it to good use this pregnancy as well. Highly recommend!
  • My dog and myself use the snoogle.
    Ha! My dog thinks it's hers, too. I always find her in the bed with it, and she climbs onto it when I'm sleeping.
    July BMB Siggy Challenge: Weird Hot Dog Situations
  • LilLambieLilLambie member
    edited February 2016
    Re snoogle. I went to buy one and there were 2 types and I couldn't decide. Which one is better?

Or

The first one looks like DH wouldn't have any room.

Little boy due July 31st 2016

• I have the C shaped Snoogle and have loved it. However, lately I've been noticing that the pressure of it between my legs is making my upper leg/hips hurt after several hours into the night..maybe it's too thick and is pressing down on my legs? I don't know. Anyway, I tried using just regular pillows instead the Snoogle last night, and the pain was much less. 
  • @LilLambie  I have the c shaped and I like that I can lay with or without the full side. I had the same feeling one night as @elldel and found that tucking both legs under or above the bottom C part solved any hip pain. Most nights though it isn't an issue. I thought the snoogle was going to be an expensive bust but I really love it!
  • The C shaped one- I feel like if that one is hot for me sometimes, the full one would be super hot!!!!
  • Great idea! Thanks, @theshannondee :smile: 
  • I have the c shaped one and sleep either direction on it based on how I'm feeling 
    April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• I just bought the regular snoogle and I am in love! Best decision ever!