August 2016 Moms

GTKY: Oscar Chat?

Settling in for the three-hour show, any other movie fans on our board?

Re: GTKY: Oscar Chat?

• We're watching over here. Charlize Theron looks amazing!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm watching the first part with my husband but I don't think I'll make it past 9:30. I haven't seen as many of the films as I'd like unfortunately but I did love spotlight and the big short so I'm glad they both just won!

• Loading the player...
  • Also, what is this new rule about not asking what ppl are wearing? I hadn't even heard about it before tonight.

• I loved the Big Short too, I think it should win for best picture! But The Revenant probably will. 
  • Wait, when did Sam Smith turn into Elijah Wood? 
  • @Snaps816 yeah I agree, Revenant probably will win. I love Leo but the movie seemed a bit too intense for my pregnancy mind. My dreams are too vivid as it is. 

I also couldn't bring myself to watch Room because I felt like it would be too emotional, especially since I have a young son. 

• I only really watch for the fashion! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Mad Max is on fire with the awards right now! 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm watching too. Loved the Big Short but that is the only one I've seen. I would really like to see Spotlight. And I read Room several years ago. The book was really well done so I imagine the movie would be as well. 
    Pregnancy Ticker

• @Snaps816 yeah I agree, Revenant probably will win. I love Leo but the movie seemed a bit too intense for my pregnancy mind. My dreams are too vivid as it is. 

I also couldn't bring myself to watch Room because I felt like it would be too emotional, especially since I have a young son. 
    I watched Room last night, and it was great. I think it would be a tough one as the mom of a son, but (I don't think I'm spoiling anything here that isn't in the previews) it's ultimately an uplifting story. 
  • Oh man, that must have been a bit rough for Mark Ruffalo when Mark Rylance won. For a split second it must have sounded like they were saying his name.

That was a tough category, all of those were great performances! I loved that character in Bridge of Spies, though.