FFFC

flame free Friday confessions
Married 2006
DS1 2010
DS2 2013
DD1 2016

Re: FFFC

• Loading the player...
  • @m6tonner same with me !!! Then I demanded we go up a size for diapers and he's like why ? Best decision ever
  • My family is irritating me. My mother has guardianship over my DD1 because I had a rare endocrine syndrome that would require surgery and possibly extensive recovery time and after overcoming that I found out I was pregnant.
    My mom told me Tuesday she will contest me terminating the guardianship. So now I have to waste money for the same result in order to get my DD1 back at the end of her school year. My mom is retired and has no income or money coming in. My SO and I have provided for DD1 by getting a bank account in her name so we can put money in it with a debit card for my mom to use and by sending packages with clothes and gifts, as well as calling her doctor in my moms city and discussing what my mother needed to do for DD1. They live with my sister. My sister is not included in the guardianship paperwork but my sister convinced my mom this was the best thing for DD1. 
    In short, I don't like my family is my confession and I will be terminating all contact with them once I get DD1 home after my lawyer has the guardianship terminated. 
  • I'm pretty sure my newborn is already stronger than me when he's upset and I'm not sure what I'm gunna do as he gets older and stronger lol
  • @nicmont89 mine too... and my 14 month old sleeps with 2 blankets. 

Eventually, you gotta do what you gotta do to be able to get the rest you both need. 
  •  @maureenmce lol yup sounds like my baby. He literally hurts me sometimes when he kicks and thrashes around 
  • @PedsIsHardcore ...Yikes. I'm so sorry you are going through this. I hope you get your DD1 back quickly and easily.
  • I love my baby with all my heart and I wouldn't change having him if I had the chance but sometimes I realize I'm 19 years old and I don't have friends and I sit at home or go to target with my mom. And then I get really upset. 
  • I'm afraid my son is going to be short.

I come from a tall family, but my husband is short (5'7", same as me). His mom and grandma aren't even 5'. When we went to DD's 2 year appointment the Dr. said she is very petite and within the 10% for height and weight.

I am nervous that my son will be short as his sister is going down that path. Obviously height does not matter, but my husband was bullied a lot as a kid and I don't want that for my son. In general it seems like it is easier to be a short girl than a short boy, but then again what do I know.

P.S. I know this is something very minor to worry about when there are so many more important things, but I work in a junior high and I see how brutal kids can be every day.
  • @hannahduff3 don't worry! I'm 29 and I don't have any friends!
  • @hannahduff3 SO and I were sitting around yesterday trying to think of who we could ask to help us move. We have no friends either... and our families (other than my parents) are useless in this instance. 

Due to our lack of friends, I'm seriously tempted to push SO for a courthouse or destination wedding. Our families can't get along and we have no friends. Whatever...
  • Ugh it's really hitting me hard tonight @mrsgetz4000 @BarrettJ89 too bad we all can't be friends 
  • @hannahduff3
    I'll be 25 in May and that's EXACTLY what I do.. I actually just got back from forcing my SO to go to the store with me so I could have someone to talk to. All my "friends" ran for the hills when I got pregnant. 
    @BarrettJ89 SO and I have decided on a court house wedding... No friends came to my baby shower I doubt a wedding will be different... 

My FFFC: 
    Went to the store to get a swing- brought it home and I hate it $150 of useless crap. 
    LO is currently chilling in it and probably will sleep in it- I'm returning it tmw... 

@GAgirlinSDakota I have no will power either. I ate an entire bag of m&ms today. Would have been 2 but the other bag expired in November... So I settled for Oreos :) 
    no wonder my pants don't fit 
  • @BarrettJ89 I had a destination wedding in Thailand on the beach with a few family members and two of our friends (another couple). There were 12 of us total. It was the best decision we could have ever made! Destination weddings are cheaper, much easier, and you are already at your honeymoon destination. I recommend it!!!

My FFFC is I binge watched an entire season of The Amazing Race in two days. I never watched it on tv but always wanted to. No regrets! 

• @carlyhammond I like the swing we have for LO, unfortunately he hates it! I got it for $40 on clearance at Target and it's one of the smaller sized ones.  It's easy to move around from room to room. I just don't think he likes the way he has to sit in it.  The incline isn't comfortable for him. So I may be off to the store to try and find one that he will like. As expensive as they are, I am looking into one of those MamaRoo swings. 

I just can't get over WHY diaper rash is even a thing! How cruel!  Poor DS's diaper rash looks as if DH and I neglect putting anything on his bottom...like EVER! I'm not sure if the formula he is on, has anything to do with the severity of it, but it started out red, so we were putting cream on it and then BAM all of a sudden is was like a full on looking sun burn that felt rough and is now starting to crack. He screams out when we put anything on it. I'm going to be running to the store to get something other than Desitin, because up until now, that's been sufficient. It looks as if though it's not as strong and I know other moms have recommended other brands. It doesn't help his situation any either, now that he is literally pooping every diaper.  I try and catch when he poops as soon as I can, so he isn't sitting in it for very long, but I hate having to go back and forth with "Do I wake him up from his sleep because I can smell he's gone, or just leave him?"
  • I just don't have many friends because I'm a nerd lol. Most people my age aren't as excited by star trek, politics and long hikes in the mountains
  • We're fortunate to have a few close friends. But I've always been a loner. Add that to the things that make me such a nerd

• I just can't get over WHY diaper rash is even a thing! How cruel!  Poor DS's diaper rash looks as if DH and I neglect putting anything on his bottom...like EVER! I'm not sure if the formula he is on, has anything to do with the severity of it, but it started out red, so we were putting cream on it and then BAM all of a sudden is was like a full on looking sun burn that felt rough and is now starting to crack. He screams out when we put anything on it. I'm going to be running to the store to get something other than Desitin, because up until now, that's been sufficient. It looks as if though it's not as strong and I know other moms have recommended other brands. It doesn't help his situation any either, now that he is literally pooping every diaper.  I try and catch when he poops as soon as I can, so he isn't sitting in it for very long, but I hate having to go back and forth with "Do I wake him up from his sleep because I can smell he's gone, or just leave him?"
    LO had a bad case of diaper rash after being on antibiotics for a couple days around 2 weeks old. I thought the desitin was burning his little butt when I put it on since he would scream. I ended up using plain old Vaseline and he seemed to be much happier. It's a total mess to apply but the rash did go away in a few days.
  • @teachmegs817 have you tried switching diaper brands? My LO had a really bad diaper rash and as soon as we switched brands it went away. He still gets a little redness occasionally, but it's much better. I also second the Vaseline. It is messy, but does the trick!
  • @carlyhammond I like the swing we have for LO, unfortunately he hates it! I got it for $40 on clearance at Target and it's one of the smaller sized ones.  It's easy to move around from room to room. I just don't think he likes the way he has to sit in it.  The incline isn't comfortable for him. So I may be off to the store to try and find one that he will like. As expensive as they are, I am looking into one of those MamaRoo swings. 

I just can't get over WHY diaper rash is even a thing! How cruel!  Poor DS's diaper rash looks as if DH and I neglect putting anything on his bottom...like EVER! I'm not sure if the formula he is on, has anything to do with the severity of it, but it started out red, so we were putting cream on it and then BAM all of a sudden is was like a full on looking sun burn that felt rough and is now starting to crack. He screams out when we put anything on it. I'm going to be running to the store to get something other than Desitin, because up until now, that's been sufficient. It looks as if though it's not as strong and I know other moms have recommended other brands. It doesn't help his situation any either, now that he is literally pooping every diaper.  I try and catch when he poops as soon as I can, so he isn't sitting in it for very long, but I hate having to go back and forth with "Do I wake him up from his sleep because I can smell he's gone, or just leave him?"
    There's a whole thread on diaper rash/bum cream on the 0-3 month board you might find helpful!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • @kvacmak Thanks! I found one on the D15 board, because I post on there too. I'll check that one out.  
  • I love my DH, really I do, but sometimes in this new parenting journey (okay many times) I'd like to strangle him. I'm EBF which was my choice but cluster feed stretches make me die inside...LO is going through one of these days yesterday cluster feeding and had not slept hardly a wink since 6:30 am. At 9:30 pm after this day, she was inconsolable crying as I try all bedtime routine things to get her calm for sleep. She frantically starts wanting to nurse again. I snapped at my husband my boobs can't take this anymore today. My DH says oh LO can feel your tension and frustration. No shit, I know this rationally but tell me how in the world anyone is supposed to not be tense and stay 100% rational after holding/feeding/consoling a cranky baby for 15 hours on top of weeks of built up sleep deprivation?! I declared I was going to go get him a bottle of pumped milk for him to help and I NEEDED to go sleep a few hours. He says okay he'll do it and watch her to try to get her to sleep, but then asks can I please stay with him while he feeds her because he's more comfortable with having me help make sure he's bottle feeding correctly  (he's already had me help him bottle feed a couple times). GOOGLE IS YOUR FRIEND was the only reply I could muster and i headed for bed. GAH! Sorry that turned into a rant more than a confession but that felt good. Seriously wanted to strangle him at that moment! 
  • @teachmegs817 also seconding switching diapers and/or creams. My LO got bad rashes from pampers, not sure what brand you are using but it could be a chemical burn! My pedi also told me that many babies are allergic to desitin and some other creams because of the zinc I think it is? so you should use Vaseline first. 
  • Also my second confession is that I'd also like to strangle whoever writes those lovely "how to improve baby's sleep" type articles you see everywhere.  They make it sound so methodical to get baby to sleep in the crib or not use or phase out "sleep crutches" like rocking or nusing to sleep, etc. Have these people ever had a kid?!?! Wouldn't it be more helpful to have an article titled "utter chaos is coming" or "throw out your expectations of sanity"? I feel those are more accurate descriptions at least at my house!
  • I'm 33 and I told my childless best friend that I didn't want us to fall apart just because I had a child. She said we wouldn't because she loves babies. Then actually said "well it's not like you'll have him all the time". My husband works night and weekends, yes I will have him with me. He's my son. I can't just put him in his crib and go out to dinner. She came to the hospital to see him and came to his baptism. That's the only contact we've had in the last 8 weeks. I texted to see how things are going and we went back and forth for a few texts but that's it. Pretty much have a feeling my so called best friend is no longer my best friend because I had a child. I'm better off. 
  • @teachmegs817
    i bought the fisher-price version of the 4mom brand and it's pointless really. 
    It says 4-in-one glider and rocker... 
    Yeah it glides but to rock I have to take it off the base and do it myself.. 
    LO gets bored in it... 
    I'm going to the store to get one that's the same price but has activities to keep LO occupied. 
    I hope this helps me.. I can't ever get things done and I haven't figured out how to use my carrier ;)
  • @carlyhammondWe have used the snugabunny fisher price swing for both babies and it has been a life saver. I was afraid my second wouldn't love it as much as big sis but he took it to it right off. It has a spinning mobile with a mirror in the center and built in music. Also auto swing - idk why they would make a swing that doesn't go on its own - how rude ;) 
    And if you get a chance search YouTube for your carrier - I used to hate my moby wrap until I learned how to use it and now I can't do without it. 
    In keeping with the tread - I have watched the entire first 4 seasons of Gilmore girls on Netflix in just the past couple of weeks! I don't know how I will function when it's over. 
  • @Jessdub10 I got the FP snugabear forest edition today... 
    LO threw a fit when I was fixing it so I'm waiting until SO comes home to fix it. 
    I'm already excited to start using it 
  • @jessdub10 oh goodness The Gilmore Girls! I'm on season 3 and I might lose my sanity once I finish!
  • I have a tv channel called up (dish) and they play gilmore girls every day 3-7 then a marathon on Sundays :) 
    I love it ! 
    They also show the old tv show Ed .. I live on that channel everyday lol 
  • @teachmegs817 I wonder if we have the same swing? LO is just now tolerating ours but doesn't particularly like it very much. It has koalas on it. I found a mammaroo for $115 on Craigslist and wanted to buy it. DH put his foot down. So I'm holding out hope that LO will learn to love the one we have.
    As for the diaper rash, we've had a lot of success with coconut oil! He has extremely sensitive skin, especially on his boy parts. Coconut oil always clears it up. I use it at every diaper change now.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Lilypie - FiGB
    Married DH 11/15/08
    Formerly MissMheMhe
  • @MissMheMhe Ours does too! It's by Ingenutiy, and there is a little mobile type thing that two plush koala's hang off of, for baby to look up at. My mom had a coupon for 20% at BBB, and it would have been 207 with tax.  Shipping was free for it.  I didn't end up ordering it today, and the coupon expired today.  She says she gets them all of the time, so maybe within the next couple of weeks.