Pregnant after IF

January/February IVF success group :)

Re: January/February IVF success group :)

• @Morningstar80 @jerseygirl856 exciting about the ultrasounds!

@divinedevil congrats on your numbers! I only got two betas done as well, I would like another but trusting my dr with this one. 

my first ultrasound will be next Thursday, and then I will have a second one the following Thursday. If I've got this figured out the ultrasounds will be at 6 and 7 weeks. After the second ultrasound I was told I will meet with my RE, I hadn't even thought about being sent to a regular OB yet but I'm wondering if that's what the meeting will be about. I will need to find one!

@mskeenan @capps42613  I hope you both have success soon!
  • Cmartin6706Cmartin6706 member
    edited February 2016
    When do you ladies get released to an OB/midwife? I'm pretty sure for us it's not until week 10. 

DW has stopped POAS. She was using it to see what her lines looked like along side her beta numbers but it was scary for me for her to stop. I felt like maybe we'd suddenly lose the pregnancy. Illogical but truthful.

We are doing well. Nervous, but mostly excited. We are comforted by the stats and we are believers so we find comfort in knowing we don't need to stress about the timing. Still we can't wait for Wednesday for the first ultrasound!
    ***Loss and success mentioned***
    Me:34, Wife: 32
    IF reasoning = MFI: Zero Sperm Count using FairFax donor bank
    IUI #1 - #3: 2011 = BFN
    IVF: 2011 = BFN, lost all 10 embryos (with C/Ps)
    Jan 2014 - OBGYN (not RE) found and removed wife's "field of" uterine polyps after failed IVF

Moving on to surrogacy (actually a planned adoption)
    Surrogate IUI#1: 7.17.12 = BFP!! 15dpiui = 256, 17dpiui = 346
    Oliver Zane born - 3/29/2013 on Good Friday!

IUI #4 - #6: 2014-2015 = BFN (with C/Ps)
    Switch sperm donors, start ketosis diet to reduce inflammation late 2015
    IVF 2: Jan and Feb 2016, 3 great looking, 8 cell 3 day embryos. Two ET, one frozen
    2.18.2016 (8dp3dt) = BFFP!
    2.22.2016 (12dp3dt) = 649!!

Started foster care experience in 2012. Now waiting to adopt our foster daughter, 7, who has lived with us for 3 years. 

"Wait for your God, and don't give up on Him - ever!" Hosea 12:6 (msg)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Loading the player...
  • @Cmartin6706 I have my last appointment with the RE at 9weeks then finger crossed everything goes well I'll be released to my OBYGN at 10weeks. 
  • @Cmartin6706 I'm not sure yet....I'm hoping it's not this Thursday when I go for my first ultrasound because I definitely am not ready for that!! I want my hand held a little longer! LOL 
  • @Cmartin6706 my RE said I have 2 more weeks with him and then it's back to my OB.
  • laur2835laur2835 member
    edited February 2016
    Wondering how everyone was doing symptom wise?? Other than my nipples being sore and a dull headache some days, I don't notice any other symptoms. Anyone else relatively symptom free? I thought by 6 weeks I'd feel something else (nausea/morning sickness, etc), but I guess luckily not so far. Maybe i am speaking too soon lol 
  • I'm am lurking from the infertility board. The January/February FET thread is slow and I love seeing your updates! So exciting! Hope I will be joining you over here soon!!! Congratulations to you all!! I just stopped BC and don't start meds until Monday. Enjoying a few days off! Hope you are all feeling well!! 
  • @laur2444 with the exception of my boobs getting big and sore not many other symptoms. I was nauseous for a week at about 5 weeks then nothing. I'm more tired than usual. As crazy as it sounds I would feel better if I had more symptoms. I have talked to some of my mom friends and several of them never threw up and never felt badly. I guess every pregnancy is different. 
  • Ughhh right @selena2016?? Since I haven't had an ultrasound yet I'm so nervous I'm wishing I felt something!!! 
    @alexiskiriluk can't wait until you get your BFP and join us here!!!! What date is your transfer again??
  • Jerseygirl856Jerseygirl856 member
    edited February 2016
    @laur2444 it's really hard to say which symptoms are pregnancy related or progesterone(medication).  My boobs are so sore and heavy and I find that I'm peeing a lot. Yesterday I had waves of nausea but I attributed that to something I ate. I can say for sure that I'm really tired all the time. 

• Well, ladies. We went to the clinic this morning bc DW was spotting and was very nervous. We had another beta done which will come back soon. Everything looked good. No blood in the uterus so it was likely from her suppository the day before. They did an ultrasound to check everything and we got our first photos. It's TWINS! Everyone at the clinic, as well as ourselves, expected this bc of early, high HCG numbers and symptoms. We saw two little sacks but not in the same plane of ultrasound view. Meaning we saw one and the tech moved it around a bit more and all of a sudden "oh and there's another one!" What a feeling! I'm nervous about safety but apparently 1 in every 31 US births in a twin. 

DW is nauseous often, EXTREMELY tired, still light cramping, heartburn, INSANELY sore breasts and nipples. 

I'll update when our HCG number comes in. 
    Jan 2014 - OBGYN (not RE) found and removed wife's "field of" uterine polyps after failed IVF

IVF 2: Jan and Feb 2016, 3 great looking, 8 cell 3 day embryos. Two ET, one frozen

Started foster care experience in 2012. Now waiting to adopt our foster daughter, 7, who has lived with us for 3 years. 

• When do you ladies get released to an OB/midwife? I'm pretty sure for us it's not until week 10. 

Our RE has mentioned the earliest would be in the 8W of the gestation period. Typically, the first US will be in the 6w (for fetal heartbeat and gestational sac) and 7w would be to confirm that the fetal pole is intact with the heartbeat still strong. If both the U/S checks out, we will be released to the OB/Gyn.
    ********************************************************************************************************************************************************
    Me - 33 (as of 2016) - Hysteroscopy prior to IUI attempts to remove a couple of polyps.
    DH - 35 DH tested in 2012 with abnormal morphology and low motility. Bi-lateral varicocele diagnosed with US. Surgery to fix varicocele diud not yield any positive results.
    IVF#1 (GnRH Antagonist protocol with Follistim, Menopur, Ganirelix and 10,000IU HcG trigger)
    8 eggs retrived, 4 mature and fertilized via ICSI, 2 day-3 six-cell embryos implanted - beta < 8, BFN

IVF#2 (Long-Lupron or Down-regulation cycle with Follistim, Menopur and Lupron) - Almost had OHSS.
    17 eggs retrieved, 11 mature and fertilized with ICSI, 4 Day-3 6- and 8- cells. Implanted 2 8-cells on day 3 and let others mature to day 5. beta <15, BFN. 2 embroys ceased at cell compaction on Day 4 and were discarded.

IVF#3 - New Doctor, diagnosed with insulin resistance and prescribed metformin (GnRH Antagonist protocol with delayed Ganirelix, Follistim/Gonal-D and Menopur. Novarel/HcG trigger at 1000IU and 2500 IU HcG boosters)
    HcG 10000IU trigger on day of retrieval, HcG 2500IU 3dpo, HcG 2500IU on day of implantation (0dp5dt), HcG 2500IU at 4dp5dt

2/23 BETA#1 10dp5dt - 247! Look great but DH cautions against expectations since it could also be chemical pregnancy(boo!)
    2/25 BETA#2 12dp5dt - 604. Per betabase.info, the doubling time is 37.21 hours.
    3/9   U/S#1 (6w2d) - Yolk sac and heartbeat!!! Woo hoo!!!
    3/23 U/S#2 (8w1d) - Fetal length measuring 1.79cm. Heart beat 170bpm. Sounded like a little steam engine! Due date November 1, 2016

• Well, ladies. We went to the clinic this morning bc DW was spotting and was very nervous.

Wow, that would have been quite a scare for you guys! Congrats on the twins!!! Did they get to measure the heartbeats yet or was it too early? 
    ********************************************************************************************************************************************************
    Me - 33 (as of 2016) - Hysteroscopy prior to IUI attempts to remove a couple of polyps.
    DH - 35 DH tested in 2012 with abnormal morphology and low motility. Bi-lateral varicocele diagnosed with US. Surgery to fix varicocele diud not yield any positive results.
    IVF#1 (GnRH Antagonist protocol with Follistim, Menopur, Ganirelix and 10,000IU HcG trigger)
    8 eggs retrived, 4 mature and fertilized via ICSI, 2 day-3 six-cell embryos implanted - beta < 8, BFN

IVF#2 (Long-Lupron or Down-regulation cycle with Follistim, Menopur and Lupron) - Almost had OHSS.
    17 eggs retrieved, 11 mature and fertilized with ICSI, 4 Day-3 6- and 8- cells. Implanted 2 8-cells on day 3 and let others mature to day 5. beta <15, BFN. 2 embroys ceased at cell compaction on Day 4 and were discarded.

IVF#3 - New Doctor, diagnosed with insulin resistance and prescribed metformin (GnRH Antagonist protocol with delayed Ganirelix, Follistim/Gonal-D and Menopur. Novarel/HcG trigger at 1000IU and 2500 IU HcG boosters)
    HcG 10000IU trigger on day of retrieval, HcG 2500IU 3dpo, HcG 2500IU on day of implantation (0dp5dt), HcG 2500IU at 4dp5dt

2/23 BETA#1 10dp5dt - 247! Look great but DH cautions against expectations since it could also be chemical pregnancy(boo!)
    3/23 U/S#2 (8w1d) - Fetal length measuring 1.79cm. Heart beat 170bpm. Sounded like a little steam engine! Due date November 1, 2016

• Yayyyyy @pugmama915!!!! Welcome and fabulous numbers!!!
    @cmartin6706 twins!!!!!!! So great!! Thank goodness everything went well today otherwise! 
  • Congrats @pugmama915 !!! I love seeing this group grow!

@cmartin6706 glad everything checked out ok, I would have been nervous too, and congrats on the twins!! So exciting!!

I'm definitely feeling symptoms here, total exhaustion like I've never felt before. I get home from work and just want to melt into bed. I've also had waves of nausea and now the past couple days I have had pretty consistent heart burn. I've been saying I've never been so happy to be feeling so crappy lol. 

• @pugmama915 fantastic numbers and welcome! 
    @Cmartin6706 yay for twins!!! Congrats!

• @pugmama915 Those numbers sound a lot like ours! First beta at 649, second was 1777 and today's was 5081. Might prepare mentally for twins?? Welcome! Welcome!

Thanks everyone! We are excited but still adjusting. We are reading everything we can get our hands on about having twins. Meanwhile, we've been baby item window shopping twice already today! Third beta was 5081, 33 hour double still. I'm getting better at guessing. I guessed 5000. We still have our ultrasound scheduled for Wednesday. We might see more then. 

@DivineDevil We could only see the sacks. The tech prepared us not to see anything but they were there and beautiful!

• @Cmartin6706 thank you thank you!

hahah no twins here we transferred a singleton :) 
    congrats on your twin babies though!

***Trigger Warning :: Success Mentioned***

Me: 31 ~ DH: 30

Married September 2012, TTC since Jan 2014

Me: Endometriosis // DH: MFI (low sperm count)

06/15 :: IUI #1 - BFN, took a break after this

12/15 :: started first IVF, egg retrieval and PGS

2/12/16 :: 5 day blast FET

2/24/16 :: Beta #1 533

2/26/16 :: Beta #2 1716!!  :)

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

BabyFruit Ticker
  • @pugmama915 welcome and congrats!!!!

@Cmartin6706 twins! How exciting!
  • @pugmama915 Congratulations!!! I am happy you made it here. :)
    ***Trigger Warning***
    Me - 32 (DOR), DH 33
    IVF #1 November/December 2015:
    (3 mature follicles, high progesterone prior to ER- Cancelled and converted to IUI)
    IUI #1 December 2015 - BFN
    IVF #2 January/February 2016
    02-10-16: 5 day transfer of two 5AA blasts
    02-18-16: Beta #1 204 - BFP!!
    02-20-16 Beta #2 486
    03-02-16 Beta #3 30,460
    03-07-16 First US!! :) TWINS!!
    05-06-16 Gender Reveal US - Boy and Girl! 
    07-30-16 Twins born at 27 weeks and 1 day, at 2 lbs, 7.1 oz. and 2 lbs, 1.9 oz. <3

Anniversary

• Hello everyone! I am coming over from my Jan/Feb IVF thread! My first beta was 778 at 10dp5dt of 2-5 day blasts. My second beta on Wed 2/24 at 12dp5dt was 1800 something. I forgot the number since I had just been drained for OHSS and was hurting this time! It sucked! My 3rd and last beta will be Monday the 29th. We will leave our RE after 9 weeks. I have had no symptoms other than bigger/sore boobs. Well I have been hungry and exhausted but idk if I can contribute it to OHSS or not. I have told almost everyone lol. I can't hold water. This is our first time ever pregnant and we want to celebrate to the fullest. I will be due on Halloween! I do however caution everyone that we are not at the safe mark of 12 weeks so it is possible to miscarry. 

Congrats everyone on your BFPs. 
    @Cmartin6706 yay congrats! Twins OMG! I hope my RE can tell us when I go for my OHSS ultrasound on Monday! 

Me: 24 DH: 26

Together since October 24th, 2006

Married December 14th, 2011

TTC #1 since December 2011

First RE meeting 11/26/13 Tests normal for me DH low sperm count. New RE 11/2015

First cycle IVF: Jan 2016

01/2016: 20 days of BCP, Lupron started

01/28: 9 days of stims 150 units of gonal-f,  10 units of low dose HCG 

2/5: pregnyl 10,000 trigger

2/7: 15 eggs retrieved, 11 fertilized,  5 made it to blast

2/12: 5 day transfer of 2! PUPO! WiIl test everyday.  I'm impatient : )

2/19: Developed OHSS! Ahhh! 

2/22: First Beta @10dp5dt 778.    2/24: Second beta @12dp5dt 1800+

Blogging experience: http://themptycradle.blogspot.com
  • laur2835laur2835 member
    edited February 2016
    Congrats @pugmama915 !!!!!!
    welcome and congrats @sassysd7!!!!! Did you transfer 1 or 2?? Those are crazy high beta numbers!!!!
  • Jerseygirl856Jerseygirl856 member
    edited February 2016
    Welcome @sassysd7 @pugmama915 congrats ladies! 

I was wondering if any of you have started taking prenatal vitamins? I was given samples of Vitafol Ultra from my RE and I have no side effects or issues taking them. However, I went to have the script filled and was shocked when I was told that my co-pay would be 130$ with my insurance. My RE said any generic OTC would do so I'm hoping to find one that's gentle on the stomach. 
  • @jerseygirl856 I've been taking nature made prenatal and I haven't had any issues. I've been taking them for a while now, only recently I've noticed a couple times there's been an unpleasant aftertaste but nothing so bad I feel like I need to switch.  I think I pay $15-20 and it's a six month supply. 

• @Minnie1155 thanks so much! That's a great price for the quantity, I'll look into those. 
  • @Jerseygirl856 DW has been on prenatals with added DHA (I think) made by nature's way for a year which included our failed IUI in Sept. She's also been drink Amazing Grass Berry for at least a year. Both these have folic acid and beta-carotene vitamin A, which are important for spinal development and vision development respectfully. I would make sure to get on a prenatal soon just to cover your diet if needed. If you eat decently you don't have to worry, but I wouldn't drag out making a decision for peace of mind. 

@sassysd7 I was expecting you over here soon. I was following your story on the other board. We are due Oct 30, but not likely with twins. We thought it was the 31st but this is a leap year! Lol. I'm calling twins with you. Your numbers are higher than ours! 

We are trying not to worry about vanishing twin. Apparently research shows its actually less likely in IVF cases. I assume bc the embryos were grown to day 3 and some of ours arrested before that point. We shall see. Either way our chances of losing both is about 5%. Hoping to see the heartbeats on Wednesday, which farther reduces loss chances plus every week for all pregnancies the chances of loss decreases by 2.5%. We are exactly 5 weeks and the hearts are beating now. It's just usually too early to see it but might not be by Wednesday. 

In other news we are thinking already about seating arrangements in the van with our 7 and 3 year old (foster care and traditional surrogacy respectfully). We told DWs parents yesterday. After five years of trying, there was a lot of shock. Hope all is well with you ladies! Grow babies grow!!

• @Cmartin6706 thanks for answering and providing great information. I've been taking a prenatal vitamin( RE provided a bunch of samples) daily but once the samples run out I'll be making the switch to generic OTC. 
  • @jerseygirl856....I'm actually a pharmacist and have a suggestion.....if you go to the vitafol website there is a coupon you can sign up for that will give you a discount on your copay for the medication. It might be coming up super expensive right now because maybe you have a deductible for the new year? If that's the case once the deductible is met your copay would be more reasonable. It's worth a shot though to see if the coupon can save you some money! 
  • @laur2444 really? I had no idea about the coupon. Thanks for the tip. I really like the Vitafol so I will definitely see if I can get the co pay down. I have the coverage, but my insurance would prefer I use the generic when one is available. If I prefer the brand name, then I have to pay the brand name price..which I totally understand. 
  • I don't know if it's morning sickness, but man was I feeling 'seasick' this morning. Also, my nose feels like a bloodhound, I am picking up all kinds of smells. DH was lovely, got rid of all chemicals and strong fragrances including cologne. 

Can wait for the first U/S. Oh, btw I had some cramping last 2 days, it kinda starts at the belly button and goes all the way down. No bleeding/spotting so far so keeping fingers crossed. 

• OK i can officially join! 

Beta #1 533
    Beta #2 today was 1716! 

first u/s in 2 weeks and I can't wait!! 

Our RE said we can "graduate" once we have 2 ultrasounds that show a heartbeat.
    Congratulations! Looking at the timeline in your signature, we're both coordinated (ET for me was 2/13, and first U/S on 3/9). Good luck!

• @DivineDevil thanks for the welcome! yay! we are so close in dates. The ultrasound cannot come quick enough! 

I've been having cramping too! I sneezed last night and had the most excruciating cramp of my life on my left side. I'm terrified since it is allergy season. LOL. 

Are you feeling fatigued yet? I can barely keep my eyes open at work. 

The nausea hasn't quite hit me yet. I heard it gets real bad around week 6. I'm considering buying some preggo pops that I've heard about from friends but I wonder how effective they'd be? Let's hope we're all lucky ones and just get mildly nauseous.

***Trigger Warning :: Success Mentioned***

Me: 31 ~ DH: 30

Married September 2012, TTC since Jan 2014

Me: Endometriosis // DH: MFI (low sperm count)

06/15 :: IUI #1 - BFN, took a break after this

12/15 :: started first IVF, egg retrieval and PGS

2/12/16 :: 5 day blast FET

2/24/16 :: Beta #1 533

2/26/16 :: Beta #2 1716!!  :)

BabyFruit Ticker
  • sassysd7sassysd7 member
    edited March 2016
    @laur2444 we transferred 2!

@cmartin6706 you were correct!

Update: Today I had my 3rd beta and check up. I've lost a total of 4 lbs. It just keeps fluctuating. I still have a small pocket of fluid but my RE is confident that I can get rid of it. I found out I'm backed up so I have to increase my fiber lol

First RE meeting 11/26/13 Tests normal for me DH low sperm count. New RE 11/2015

• sassysd7sassysd7 member
    edited March 2016
    Ugh I have had to write this 3 times, what is going on?!

We also found out it's twins. 3rd beta 13,372. U/S 3-15 @ 3pm

• @sassysd7 Congrats on the twins! That makes two of us. I'm glad to bc we're nervous. We were told to expect more bleeding than a singleton. So far it's only happened once. 

• @sassysd7 congratulations! How exciting is that! 
    How is everyone doing with symptoms? I'm beginning to notice that if I don't eat, I get mild nausea. Other than that, I feel good. I can't wait until my ultrasound this week to see what's going on. 
  • Symptoms update:
    At 6 weeks I was feeling nauseous when I didn't eat. Then I hit 8 and 1/2 weeks and I have been nauseous most of the day and thrown up at least once a day. But totally worth it! 
  • @Selena2016 that's what I'm afraid of but like you said, it's totally worth it! Most of the women in my family say they had pretty easy pregnancies so I'm hoping that I can say the same!
  • I'll be 7 weeks tomorrow and still doing okay! This morning was the first morning I noticed feeling really bloated, and not really nauseous but more like indigestion, and I didn't eat anything out of the ordinary yesterday. Ultrasound can't come quick enough Thursday afternoon!!