2nd Trimester
Options

Itchy legs

KaKipKaKip member
edited February 2016 in 2nd Trimester
Anyone else experiencing extreme itchiness? I am 26 weeks and yesterday my legs started itching like crazy. Lotion and oatmeal baths help but only for a little while. I know there is cholestatis which can cause this and I will likely message my doc. Just wondering if anyone else has this. 

Re: Itchy legs

• Options
    thebigoaktreethebigoaktree member
    edited February 2016
    I'm going to be honest the title of this thread went a completely different way than what I had pictured it in my mind.

Me: 30, DH: 31

Married: May 16th 2015

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

IAmPregnant Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm going to be honest the title of this thread went a completely different way than what I had pictured it in my mind.
    Fixed!
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Its weird but I only get itchy at night when I get ready to try to go to bed. Doc said to try Benedryl if it gets too uncomfortable but I just use a lotion with oatmeal in it 
  • Options
    KaKip said:
    Fixed!
    Haha, I was going to say maybe a conversation for you and your dr. ;).

Me: 30, DH: 31

Married: May 16th 2015

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

IAmPregnant Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    my legs were super itchy during the beginning of my pregnancy and I used dr jergens itchy relief formula and johnson's baby wash for dry skin (i thought my shower gel might be irritating my skin) and both seemed to help out

Together 11/2008
    Married 9/29/2012
    BFP #1 8/26/15
    EDD 5/6/2016
  • Options
    I use eucerin & it helps tremendously! 
    TTM - EDD 4/23 - Team Green <3 
  • Options
    itchy boobs and itchy leg :(

• Options
    Nivea cream is thick an amazing

Me: 29 / Hubster: 31
    Married July 2010
    DC #1 Oct 2013
    DC #2 EDD June 2016

Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm itchy everywhere. Legs are usually the worst. When I work out if I get even a little sweaty, I feel like I'm having an allergic reaction all over. I have scratch marks on my thigh from a recent jog. Thank goodness I have a treadmill at home where no one can see me because I was scratching my stomach, back, arms, and legs like a crazy person the whole time.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I'm 26 weeks and suddenly overnight I have very dry legs by the end of the day even though I use Aveeno 24 hr moisturizer. Also weird dry patches on the back of my arms. I haven't had a whole lot of skin issues up until now so it must be a hormonal thing. I was hoping I wouldn't have any issues! 
    TTC since 1/2013 on our own 
     HSG-2/2014 Rt ovary not visible and/or blocked 
     IF diagnosis 6/2014 
     DH on Clomid for low T 
     First cycle-clomid/ovidrel and TI 8/2015-BFN 8/31 
     Second cycle-clomid/ovidrel IUI 9/2015-
    BFP on 9/25/15 BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    I typically have super dry skin and that mixed with pregnancy and winter time and my skin has been extra itchy. I changed soaps which helped and am changing laundry detergent as well to a free of every thing version. I try to apply lotion often but sometimes that makes the skin burn BAD which causes even more itchiness. I find that drinking lots of water (3 liters a day at least) helps a lot.