Baby Names
Options

Full Name for Maisie?

I love the name Maisie, but it feels too cutesy for an adult (it's also pretty rhyme-y with our surname). I can't come up with any full names that night work well with Maisie as a NN, other than Margaret, which I am NAF of (crappy relative with the name and I can't get over the association). Any suggestions?

Maren is on our shortlist. DH thinks it works as a NN for that but I'm not sold.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Full Name for Maisie?

• Options
    Marjorie? Marissa? I think anything will be a bit of a stretch though.
  • Options
    I once met a Maria who went by Maisie! Any name that starts with Ma- could work. Maxine? Matilda? Massima? Mairead? Keep in mind that if you choose to use a name that could lead to another nickname as well, people might start calling her by that instead of Maisie one day. If that doesn't matter to you, you can of course call your daughter by whichever nickname you prefer and let her pick what she'll introduce herself as once she's old enough. 
    <3 Welcome, Baby Lola!  <3
    Lorenza Justice, born 04/24/2016, 34w6d, 4lbs 8oz, 17 inches
    Home, healthy & happy :)

~ A., A. & L.J. - our family is complete ~
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Maisie is a diminutive of Mairead, so any form of Margaret could work. 

Nearly any name starting with Ma- could also work,  but is more of a stretch. 
  • Options
    Agreed. Everything Ma- feels like a stretch to me, and I don't love any of the Margaret variations. Guess it's one to toss! Bah.
  • Options
    Melissa?? 

PS - I love Maren (but not with the nn Maisie). I think if you want Maisie, just go with that as the full name.
  • Options
    My niece is Maisie (not a nickname) but I agree that having it be a nn for a more "grown-up" or versatile name is a good idea. 
    Other names that it could work as a nn for, in addition to those mentioned above:
    Marguerite
    Mary (possibly Mary + name, like a double name; I know a ton of these in the south--like Mary Charles, Mary Lyle)
    Marjorie
    Marisol

TTC#1 since May 2011

BFP #1 June 2011 m/c@6wks

BFP #2 December 2011, EDD 8/21/12, born 7/21/12 at 35w4d

BFP #3 October 6, 2015. WHAT???

• Options
    I'm Mary. Some people call me Maisie. I like it :)
  • Options
    I honestly don't understand why people feel it necessary to give their kid a "full" name. If you like Maisie, go for it, and if your daughter dislikes it she can always go by a MN or something. 
  • Options

kaboom. I was going to guess Margaret. 

Look if Peggy can be a nn for Margaret, Maisie can sure pass!
  • Options

kaboom. I was going to guess Margaret. 

Look if Peggy can be a nn for Margaret, Maisie can sure pass!
    I do feel like Margaret is the best choice, but my crazy aunt who's had about 5 marriages and just as many affairs at this point is named Margaret...I can't do it!

I thought about Marjorie, but we have a family member who is just Jorie, and I don't want to risk the NN Marge.
  • Options

DH's grandmother recently passed, and her name was Maisie. Personally, I see it as perfectly fine for an adult name, and would have been happy to name my DD Maisie. But I like PP suggestions of Margaret, Mary, and Melissa. Good luck!

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

BFP 1: 9/15/2013 | DD 5/23/2014
    BFP 2: 9/15/2015 | EDD 5/26/2016

• Options
    I think it easily works well for Melissa or Marissa. Hope you find something you love!
  • Options
    It a little old fashioned but you could also use May as a first name. That would go well with Maisie.
    Me:27 DH: 28
    Married May 2012
     TTC#1 July 2013 - July 2015 (no success)
    Again TTC#1: Dec 2015
    First RE visit: Feb 2016
    BFP: 9/16/16 EDD:5/26/17
  • Options
    I like it as a nickname for Mary or Mae. 
  • Options
    I love the name Mae! 
  • Options
    So, maybe this is a little too cutesy, but what about naming her something like Mary Suzanne or similar and making Maisie a first and middle name combo nickname?