December 2015 Moms

Fun activity

I'm a FTM and I'm trying to find  activities to do with my baby now that she's awake more during the day she's 8 weeks old  and  recently added this new activities to our mat time  I take two balloons loosely tie the strings around her ankle  and when she noticed that the balloons only moved when she kicked her legs she would start kicking like crazy she would giggle and babble every time she would make the balloons dance just wanted to share this cool activity with you guys. If you ladies have activity ideas for 2 month olds please share

Re: Fun activity

• Oh another fun game we play is one i like to call "What's that odor?" Basically, we hang out in the kitchen and i put different smelling things under her nose. Vanilla, spices, orange peels, marinara sauce etc.. and tell her exactly what it is and what goes into it. She is... she likes being in the kitchen. She enjoys some smells. Others annoy her. She doesn't like citrus much. She DOES like cardamom. We don't play this much.. her attention span for this is poor. 
  • Loading the player...
  • If you have Instagram, follow babyatplay. A lot of the posts are for older babies, but they'll post activities for younger babies, too.
  • Ulysses loves watching our dogs rough house. He can stare at them playing for about 30 minutes. He also greatly enjoys watching the timer on the microwave and can do that for quite awhile. 
  • Cole loves looking out windows. Any window. And his piano playmat. He will play on it for hours!  
  • Oh another fun game we play is one i like to call "What's that odor?" Basically, we hang out in the kitchen and i put different smelling things under her nose. Vanilla, spices, orange peels, marinara sauce etc.. and tell her exactly what it is and what goes into it. She is... she likes being in the kitchen. She enjoys some smells. Others annoy her. She doesn't like citrus much. She DOES like cardamom. We don't play this much.. her attention span for this is poor. 
    OMG!! My husband has been doing this lately, like putting things under her nose like green beans, and fruits, and I saw him doing it today and I was confused on what he was doing and he explained! I think it's a wonderful idea, and it's adorable. 

What I do is I give her tours around the house, talking to her and showing her where things go, what they do, and I'll stop by mirrors frequently so she can check herself out. 

We we also have a dog and we tell the dog to sit in front of her and she LOVES it. She smiles and laughs when she's in her swing while we play with the dog. She loves to just watch things. And I'm guilty of letting her watch cartoons. Keeps her quiet! 
  • DD loves plush toys.  She's 3 months. I'll hold one up and she'll look over its face, talk to it, grasp at it and try to move it. She also likes "dancing phalanges". I'll wiggle my fingers and let her grasp and manipulate my fingers. DS also loved this one at her age. Also crib soother, twilight lady bug and music. DS is really into some shows like Thomas and Friends and Ready, Steady, Wiggle which DD is mesmerized by.

We also started setting her so she's reclined in the boppy on the floor and she'll watch DS running around playing.  This is a new one since he isn't always the best with her. He's been loving it though. He sits with her on her blanket, snuggles with her when she's laying in the boppy, tries to bring her toys to play with her and has even been hugging her. He's also been fascinated with hair lately so of course has to play with hers. He'll touch her features like her nose or her cheek then touch his and I'll name them off and ask where another one is.
  • DD loves plush toys.  She's 3 months. I'll hold one up and she'll look over its face, talk to it, grasp at it and try to move it. She also likes "dancing phalanges". I'll wiggle my fingers and let her grasp and manipulate my fingers. DS also loved this one at her age. Also crib soother, twilight lady bug and music. DS is really into some shows like Thomas and Friends and Ready, Steady, Wiggle which DD is mesmerized by.

We also started setting her so she's reclined in the boppy on the floor and she'll watch DS running around playing.  This is a new one since he isn't always the best with her. He's been loving it though. He sits with her on her blanket, snuggles with her when she's laying in the boppy, tries to bring her toys to play with her and has even been hugging her. He's also been fascinated with hair lately so of course has to play with hers. He'll touch her features like her nose or her cheek then touch his and I'll name them off and ask where another one is.
    We do dancing phalanges as well, because of Bones, but so far no interest. 
  • Cole loves looking out windows. Any window. And his piano playmat. He will play on it for hours!  
    My DD loves her piano playmat SO much!
  • My 12 week old loves looking at herself in the mirror. She just talks and talks and is mesmerized by her own beauty. Lol
  • I posted this somewhere else, but DD loves Itsy Bitsy Spider and Wheels on the Bus with hand motions, so we do a lot of singing. 
  • I'll lay Zoe down on her playmat and put some jams on. She's my little rock star and loves her rock n roll lol. I mostly just talk to her all day. Oh, and we watch re runs of the bachelor together.
  • I notice some of the activities are for 3 month olds, does anyone with 8 week olds have any other activities for their little ones. 
  • Hey @Knottie65841689 my daughter is also 8 weeks old. During our mat time we do ballon kicks, stretches where i stretch out her hands and legs, we also do sensory time ill take different objects such as plush toys, silk fabric, wipes (& so forth) and let her hold on to them so she can feel different textures in her hand. I took one of the ballons deflated it and i put it at her feet so she can feel the texture of the ballon and make the noise when she kicks it. Finally as another previous post mentioned; in a dark room i use a flashlight and shine it on the ceiling she seems to really enjoy this. Bubbles is something else, using an exercise ball or large beach ball you can slowly roll them back and forth or side to side to help the strengthen their neck. (this can also be done on your legs) Thats all i got lol
  • DD gets to enjoy whatever is going with DS at the time. DS is two and has definitely been informed of the terrible twos...he is awesome most of the times, but also had his spectacular meltdown. I think DD enjoys the meltdowns somewhat. 
  • Mommy and me yoga, squats with baby. Only lasts as long as mommies muscles do lol. I haven't tried doing it with both twins at the same time yet.
  • Hey @Knottie65841689 my daughter is also 8 weeks old. During our mat time we do ballon kicks, stretches where i stretch out her hands and legs, we also do sensory time ill take different objects such as plush toys, silk fabric, wipes (& so forth) and let her hold on to them so she can feel different textures in her hand. I took one of the ballons deflated it and i put it at her feet so she can feel the texture of the ballon and make the noise when she kicks it. Finally as another previous post mentioned; in a dark room i use a flashlight and shine it on the ceiling she seems to really enjoy this. Bubbles is something else, using an exercise ball or large beach ball you can slowly roll them back and forth or side to side to help the strengthen their neck. (this can also be done on your legs) Thats all i got lol

Thanks for the tips!