1st Trimester

Feeling so... Worthless!

This is my second pregnancy (I'm 7 weeks) and having a hard time with it. I feel like this little baby is sucking the life out of me. I'm not throwing up thanks to Zofran but still very nauseous and so weak. I just lay on the sofa all day and can't take care of my son :( (thank god for DH!). I was sick with my first but not weak like this. 

Has anyone experienced this?  When did you start being able to get up and do things again and feel somewhat human?
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Feeling so... Worthless!

• yeah, 1st Tri was like this for me. & now at the end of 3rd Tri, I'm feeling that way again. i have zero energy & motivation, & i feel physically weaker. I'm so ready for it to be over with! 

i got relief from these feelings in 2nd & most of 3rd Tri. hopefully the same will happen for you! 
  • 16/17 weeks. Sorry...
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Me: 29 & Husband: 36                                                         
    Married: October 2014
    NTNP: April 2015 - June 2015
    M/C: June 2015
    TTC #1 since September 2015
    BFP: 11/9/15 - EDD: 7/24/16
  • Loading the player...
  • For me, taking a B complex vitamin helped with the lacking energy. Ginger tea was also a lifesaver with the nausea. Every pregnancy is different. Hopefully you will be feeling less nauseous and more energetic soon!
  • So sorry you are struggling so much. I would reccomend talking to your OB to see if they have any suggestions as well!  While my nausea had eased up it is now back in second tri and I do struggle with exhaustion again but it is more manageable I would say. 

April Siggy Challenge Social Distancing

• I felt the same way. I couldn't believe how tired and pathetic I felt. Weeks 6-8 were the worst for me but then I started to feel better. I don't know if you are able to but right after work I would go to the gym and get on the elliptical for a little bit. It honestly helped me with energy once I got home. I think it also helped with my nausea too. Laying down all day made me feel 10 times worse. 
    I know it feels impossible, but try to walk around your neighborhood or something if you can. It takes your mind off of it and I think it helps. 
  • I felt the same way. I couldn't believe how tired and pathetic I felt. Weeks 6-8 were the worst for me but then I started to feel better. I don't know if you are able to but right after work I would go to the gym and get on the elliptical for a little bit. It honestly helped me with energy once I got home. I think it also helped with my nausea too. Laying down all day made me feel 10 times worse. 
    I know it feels impossible, but try to walk around your neighborhood or something if you can. It takes your mind off of it and I think it helps. 
    Yeah I woke up today with the mindset that I'm going to try and power through and be more active. So far I think it's helping, we are headed to the park later so we will see how that goes! Thanks for the encouragement!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @cd92007 I felt the same exact way up until around wk 11. They are right though... Laying around actually made my fatigue worse. I could by No means run a marathon right now, but I started doing little things like just cleaning the house and taking breaks in between. At first I cups only vacuum one room at a time, but it's getting better. Idk where you live, but here in OK we're having nice weather. Maybe go sit outside in the sun or but a new plant and put it in a pretty pot. I know it sounds cheesy, but it helped me! 
  • Totally feel for you, OP. Try to relax as much as possible and let DH help with your son! All the nausea can't be helping the fatigue either.
    DD#1 born 12/30/2015
    DS#1 born 02/19/2013

• I feel same way, totally feeling bad. Getting anything done, just not happening.
  • Hey! Don't forget we're doing something pretty incredible, creating a human being from scratch.  Be easy on yourself, don't feel guilty if the kitchen is a mess or if your kids have had mac n cheese from a box for dinner every night. I'm still in my pajamas and I probably have 3 loads of dishes to do. Hoping you feel better soon!! 
  • I feel the exact same way I'm 6 weeks and I feel like death! I have aches nausea and that wonderful heart burn... Your not alone chica! Feel better. We're making a human so give yourself a break