December 2015 Moms

FFFC 2/26

confession is good for the soul, ladies. 

Re: FFFC 2/26

• I'm probably going to kill my hubby for putting my 5-yr-old to bed late last night. It's great he's "stepping up" & doing ds' bedtime routine but he's lackadaisical about the time & now I'm left with a whiny, crying mess. Argggggg
  • Loading the player...
  • I've been drinking way more coffee than I should.. The other day I had 2 cups and I know it's not the end of the world but I feel guilty since I'm BF. Coffee is what I do for myself everyday and I wish I could drink it alllll day! 
  • I HATE the second amendment and think guns should be illegal... I'm so sick of waking up every morning and seeing ANOTHER shooting rampage!!! Like really, WTF?!?!?!?

(And yes, I know that just because you make something illegal doesn't get rid of it, but it should as hell would help!)
  • I think my DD has every condition that gets posted to this stupid forum.  So far I've convinced myself she has a lip tie (despite being evaluated by numerous lactation consultants), reflux, torticollis, cradle cap.... and probably other stuff that I've forgotten about at this point.  So my confession is that I am a crazy person.  My poor husband has about had it with me, haha.  
  • pupsicle23pupsicle23 member
    edited February 2016
    I'm salty with DH because he ate the last piece of my birthday cake while I tended to our crying baby.  He had a slice the night before,  too. But I won't tell him that it annoyed me. 

I felt really good about myself when I walked into my first post-baby yoga class and saw that everyone was older. They kicked my butt. Seriously, like they were doing headstand. I gave up and went into a child's pose of shame.
  • RSB1982 said:
    I think my DD has every condition that gets posted to this stupid forum.  So far I've convinced myself she has a lip tie (despite being evaluated by numerous lactation consultants), reflux, torticollis, cradle cap.... and probably other stuff that I've forgotten about at this point.  So my confession is that I am a crazy person.  My poor husband has about had it with me, haha.  
    This is exactly how I was with DD when she was a baby! I self diagnosed her with a chronic sleeping problem, reflux, colic, etc. I gave myself panic attacks every night thinking of all her issues. Hello, PPA. I eventually learned to not open any threads that will cause triggers. 
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • DH was super late coming home from a business trip last night. It made me mad so I let the baby sleep in my arms downstairs instead of putting him to bed so DH wouldn't have to (it's his thing each night).  Then when he was close to being home I woke up Landon with the intention of giving DH a fussy baby to deal with. 

Then Landon slept really well, only waking up once all night!!!! If tonight is the first night he makes it all the way through I'll be so jealous, DH has night duty on the weekends. 

So I guess my confession is that I'm a crappy mom using her baby to try to be vengeful against his own father. 
  • My SIL is coming to visit this weekend, and I'm super excited because this might be the first time that DH and I will get to go out without kids since I had DD (we were thinking sushi and Deadpool, or sushi and hockey). But for some reason, DH has seemed mad at me yesterday and a little today, and while I'm a little bothered by it, I don't really care. I've been pretty awesome at attempting to juggle fifteen million things right now, and if he's mad at me for anything, it's his probably.

Also, we haven't been intimate since July, and I think I've forgotten how to initiate anything without being super awkward...
  • My husband is getting served with divorce papers this weekend.   

Confession #1: while I know a divorce is what I need to do, I still got sweaty palms and felt like I was about to have diarrhea when I read the email from my lawyer. And I feel a tiny bit guilty because he has no idea that it's coming. 

Confession #2: I'm having him served at work because it'll be the most embarrassing for him. No guilt on that one. 
  • calbin00 said:
    My husband is getting served with divorce papers this weekend.   

Confession #1: while I know a divorce is what I need to do, I still got sweaty palms and felt like I was about to have diarrhea when I read the email from my lawyer. And I feel a tiny bit guilty because he has no idea that it's coming. 

Confession #2: I'm having him served at work because it'll be the most embarrassing for him. No guilt on that one. 
    Oof. Good luck! Do you talk to him at all? Does he check in on your LO? Serves him right to be embarrassed after what he's put you through. 
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I don't have to work today, but I still woke my mom up at 7. Gave her DD, 6 oz of milk, and told her not to wake me. I slept for almost 4 more hours with zero guilt. OMG I needed that. Sorry not sorry mom!
  • misamima said:
    calbin00 said:
    My husband is getting served with divorce papers this weekend.   

Oof. Good luck! Do you talk to him at all? Does he check in on your LO? Serves him right to be embarrassed after what he's put you through. 
     @misamima We text mostly. But we have a 5yo DD so they FaceTime about once a week. 
  • I'm going on a work night out next week, DS will be 10 weeks and I've froze tons of milk to last him a night so I can have a few drinks
  • misamima said:
    RSB1982 said:
    I think my DD has every condition that gets posted to this stupid forum.  So far I've convinced myself she has a lip tie (despite being evaluated by numerous lactation consultants), reflux, torticollis, cradle cap.... and probably other stuff that I've forgotten about at this point.  So my confession is that I am a crazy person.  My poor husband has about had it with me, haha.  
    This is exactly how I was with DD when she was a baby! I self diagnosed her with a chronic sleeping problem, reflux, colic, etc. I gave myself panic attacks every night thinking of all her issues. Hello, PPA. I eventually learned to not open any threads that will cause triggers. 
    Oh good, I'm glad its not just me!  I really need to stay away from Dr. Google.  And stop opening any trigger threads, good suggestion!
  • I keep trying to put DS in newborn size clothes. He officially outgrew the size a week ago but I refuse to admit that he's grown up (despite being twice his birthweight) 
  • I get so annoyed with my husband when he "takes a turn" with LO. He just sits on the couch and shoves a pacifier in her mouth. Meanwhile I spend all day trying to entertain her, keep her off the back of her head, and stimulate her mind and muscles. I'm so sore! I get that he has a super stressful job and he is a good husband and dad but sometimes...grrrr. 
  • I keep trying to put DS in newborn size clothes. He officially outgrew the size a week ago but I refuse to admit that he's grown up (despite being twice his birthweight) 
    Girl - my 2 month old is now in 6 month clothes because she's almost 25 inches long. I was in denial and trying to make her fit in her 3 month jumpers. Nope. I cut the feet off of one because I had nothing for her to sleep in!! 
  • @Court11152325 wow! DS was born at 5lb 12oz and is now about 13lbs. It's mostly nostalgia but also I have tons of newborn clothes from my SIL who's son was in the size for a couple of weeks. 
  • chillmama1518chillmama1518 member
    edited February 2016
    mhuber223 said:
    I'm salty with DH because he ate the last piece of my birthday cake while I tended to our crying baby.  He had a slice the night before,  too. But I won't tell him that it annoyed me. 

I felt really good about myself when I walked into my first post-baby yoga class and saw that everyone was older. They kicked my butt. Seriously, like they were doing headstand. I gave up and went into a child's pose of shame.
    Child's pose of shame....oh I love this. So me. 

ETA: my laughing so hard I'm crying emojis wrecked my post
  • I got a new nursing bra and wore it for the first time yesterday. Wore it to bed and was so tired I didn't pump like I usually do, just half asleep changed pads a couple times. Woke up with everything drenched in milk, still so tired I changed pads and slept in the wet clothes until almost noon then finally pumped, bathed and put on dry clothes. I don't regret a bit. 

As much as I'm so psyched by the amounts I've been pumping in the mornings, I tell hubby the amount so he'll feel sorry for me from the pain of engorgement. This morning I pumped 7 ounces after DD nursed. The morning before I pumped 11 oz!

I too am guilty of trying to keep DD in 3 month clothes too long. She's needed 6m since she was 2 months but I wanted her to be able to wear them just a little longer. Finally in the last couple weeks I broke down and got some cute 6m stuff and am getting ready to put her 3m stuff away so I'm not tempted. I also wish DS would grow faster so his sister doesn't lap him, but I also enjoy not buying him clothes so frequently.

This may be more of an unpopular opinion but I love cloth diapering and wish I had tried it sooner.
    Girl - my 2 month old is now in 6 month clothes because she's almost 25 inches long. I was in denial and trying to make her fit in her 3 month jumpers. Nope. I cut the feet off of one because I had nothing for her to sleep in!! 
    My lil lady is 24.5 and I am also on some 6 months and some onesies that are 9 months. Clothes come too tiny! Or our babies are too tall haha
    My lil lady is 24.5 and I am also on some 6 months and some onesies that are 9 months. Clothes come too tiny! Or our babies are too tall haha
    DD was 22.5 at birth...even outdoing her brother who was a small 22...she is almost done with 3-6 month clothing. She is so skinny, but so long. It's crazy!