Baby Names
Options

Inspiration for Baby Sister

Hi All!  I need some help, my dd is Ariana and we are expecting our second girl.  I have a "thing" for A names, and I'm not sure if those would contrast or compliment with DD.  Our last name is irish and starts with an O.

Please note, I am not concerned with spelling right now, if you like a name but not the spelling I put on the list, feel free to say so, but I'm not committed to any particular spelling right now.

Some names we are considering are:

Ava (hubby's pick, I'm not sold b/c of the popularity)
Alexa 
Madeleine/Madelyn 
Kiera/Kira/ect (key-rah) (I am not going to use the Irish spelling b/c everyone in America will call her Sierra)
Julia

I am wide open to alternatives that sound nice next to her sister's name.  Thanks in advance!

Re: Inspiration for Baby Sister

• Options
    AndiPandi127AndiPandi127 member
    edited February 2016
    I like Kiera best, but these are all nice names. Alexa is a little too matchy for my taste with Ariana, just because they both begin and end with a. 

ETA: I agree about Ava - besides the same a issue, it's a very nice name but very trendy. 
  • Options
    I like Keira the best, bonus it's not as popular as Ava or Madalyn/Madeline etc
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I think Madeline is a beautiful name 
  • Options
    Like Madeleine.  Not a fan of Alexa; prefer Alexis.  Have neice named Keira--should be spelled correctly Kiera.  Our Keira pronounces her name kear--uh.
  • Options
    Madeleine or Julia are my favorite.
    DD: Ophelia 5/18/15
  • Options
    I love Ava but had an issue with popularity too.

Also love Julia and Madeline! :)
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • Options
    I love Ava. Madeleine and Julia are also lovely.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    TTC since September 2012
  • Options
    Ava and Alexa I like the best. 
    Alexia
    alexis 
  • Options
    For names also starting and ending with the letter a that aren't too close to DD's name:

Amara
    Audra
    Adela
    Alena
    Athena
  • Options
    Thanks Everyone!  Any other views on the A's being too "matchy?  
    Like Ariana and Alexa (if Alexa gets shortened, it would be to Ali, but we never shortened Ariana to a nickname)

Thanks again, this is tough!
  • Options
    Thanks Everyone!  Any other views on the A's being too "matchy?  
    Like Ariana and Alexa (if Alexa gets shortened, it would be to Ali, but we never shortened Ariana to a nickname)

Thanks again, this is tough!
    If it's just two kids, names starting with the same letter doesn't bother me. 

Once you have three or more though, I start thinking your part of a cult or idolize the Duggars.

Which I suppose is the same thing. 
  • Options
    Haha, agreed!  I think we are done at 2 though, so we will not be trying to compete Duggar style ;-)