May 2016 Moms

Weekend Ticker Change 2/27 & 2/28

Week/Fruit:

Rants/Raves/Symptoms:

Upcoming Appointments:

Questions for the group:

GTKY - How involved is your SO in the pregnancy?

Re: Weekend Ticker Change 2/27 & 2/28

• Week/Fruit:  27/Rutabaga

Rants/Raves/Symptoms:  Heartburn is here and there this week...along with insomnia & motivation.  Hormonal acne has been really bad lately!  The bump is in the way all the time and pregnancy discomforts are here to stay I suppose.  Still loving all the movement of course. My hairstylist says my hair looks fabulous, so there's a positive to pregnancy & prenatals! 

Upcoming Appointments:  March 7th for monthly & glucose test

Questions for the group:  None

GTKY - How involved is your SO in the pregnancy?  Well he obviously had a part in conceiving her!  Lol.  I think he's about as involved as he can be, even though it may not feel like it sometimes.  He went to the 20 week ultrasound and I inform him of any updates after my appointments.  We toured a daycare on Tuesday, but he was quiet and let me handle the questions.  He's on board for getting the legal documents prepared for if anything we're to happen to us now that we'll have a child.  He hasn't really been involved in the nursery because he knows I love doing that stuff, except to help haul/set up/arrange the furniture.  He does like to feel her movements and asks a lot if she's moving, but he doesn't have a lot of patience to wait her out.  Sometimes he'll roll over in the middle of the night or when he comes back to bed after using the bathroom and snuggle up to me and put his hand on my belly, which is sweet because that's not how we normally sleep and I know it's because I'm pregnant.
  • Week/Fruit: 27 weeks! cauliflower

Rants/Raves/Symptoms:  Feeling very well other than contractions.  and this sore neck from sleeping funny - never had such a painful neck!

Upcoming Appointments:  Had trip #2 to triage yesterday because the contractions weren't going away with my usual game plan and history of preterm labor.  Good News is that everything is OK.  cervix is still closed and ffn was negative.

Questions for the group: Any healthier alternatives to stress eating this week?  Sometimes a greek yogurt can take the place for ice cream for me, and my sister made these amazing cocoa chocolate chip zucchini muffins - delicious!  What else is working for you?

GTKY - How involved is your SO in the pregnancy? Honestly not really, but this is baby3 for us.  He's great with the 18months+ age group, and I need more help with the twins than with this fetus right now :)  We have a deal that if I need him to be there for me for physical/emotional support, I have to speak up, otherwise he is saving his vacation days for May and the summer.  He got a new job in November and is still putting in pretty long hours.  So I guess he is involved financially and he doesn't complain about my lack of cooking-while-pregnant.  Oh wait, he's also picked up some light cleaning after the tornado twins in the evenings and he's been vacuuming since we got a new one for Christmas!  He's a great dad!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Mama to Three Girls: 
    Twins born March 2014 at 26 weeks due to preterm labor
    and our 37weeker born May 9th, 2016!

• Loading the player...
  • JennyS86 said:

Upcoming Appointments:  Had trip #2 to triage yesterday because the contractions weren't going away with my usual game plan and history of preterm labor.  Good News is that everything is OK.  cervix is still closed and ffn was negative.

Questions for the group: Any healthier alternatives to stress eating this week?  Sometimes a greek yogurt can take the place for ice cream for me, and my sister made these amazing cocoa chocolate chip zucchini muffins - delicious!  What else is working for you?
    Glad everything went well yesterday! 

My weakness is sugar/sweets so I've been trying to eat fruit instead of the really bad sweet treats - although I do indulge, it's less often when I have the fruit readily available.  I've started making fruit salads which is just my fav fruits sliced up & mixed together and I've started making smoothies.  I'm not sure why I didn't start smoothies sooner because they are so good and cure my sugar cravings!  Yesterday when I was feeling extra motivated when I got out of work, I prepped and froze a bunch of fresh fruit for the smoothies so it's available all the time.
  • Week/Fruit: 29 weeks 

Rants/Raves/Symptoms: started two a day Pepcid upon recommendation from OB and heartburn is no more! I'm so happy, it was really killing me. Had an ultrasound last Thursday and so far everything is looking great. The baby is still transverse but there's plenty of time for that to change. 

Upcoming Appointments: next one is 3/10, every two weeks now. 

Questions for the group: don't think so 

GTKY - How involved is your SO in the pregnancy? Pretty involved. He's been to all but one appointment so far, he loves creating things for the nursery and is always wanting to feel and talk to the baby. He's sweet  :) 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Week/Fruit: 29

Rants/Raves/Symptoms: Third tri is getting me. Not sleeping. Lots of aches and pains. My feet are in so much pain (treating myself to a pedi this weekend just for the 5 minute foot rub!). Hoping I start to get used to these feelings so the next few weeks aren't too bad.

Upcoming Appointments: This weds for just a check in

Questions for the group: After the standard 20 week A/S, is anyone else else getting more ultrasounds? My dr has not mentioned any growth scans and DH is worried about it. 

GTKY - How involved is your SO in the pregnancy? He has helped with building the nursery and enjoys talking about her. He has gone to my initial appt and the A/S and mentioned going to more but I think that's silly unless there's a reason (i.e., any problems with her). He really doesn't seem to interested in feeling her kicks though which I wish he would be. 

cat fail animated GIF

• Week: 29

Rants/Raves/Symptoms: Heartburn! Starting to feel tired again, which is a bummer since I've felt so great since month 4! On a positive note, my skin looks awesome and I feel great aside from being tired. I've been treating myself to prenatal massages and if you aren't getting massages I *highly* recommend them as a splurge! 

Upcoming appointments: check-up on Monday.

Questions for the group: anyone else wearing compression pantyhose? I work in very physically demanding job and normally wear compression stockings or leggings (standing for 14 hours at a time some shifts), but haven't found any maternity hose that fit well. They are GIANT in the waist, saggy in the crotch, the worst! I've been wearing my normal ones but I think that my days are numbered for non-maternity compression stockings. 

GTKY- DH is very involved and excited. He has helped with pretty much everything. I love it when we go to bed and he waits for her to kick (for some reason she thinks bedtime is party time). He is a bit clueless as to what we need to do as far as getting our shit together (car seat, etc.), but I feel kind of the same way- it's so overwhelming! Hopefully we both find some motivation in the next month or so and finish preparing for her arrival. 
  • Week/Fruit: 27

Rants: I think I've mentioned before, but my legs are sore!! 
    Raves: No trips to the bathroom last night!! Amazing feat! 

Upcoming Appointments: Only on the 14th for regular. We don't do GD tests here which I found interesting since you all had to have it done.

Very! He's been to every single appointment and will go to every single appointment till the end. He likes it. 
    He is helping with the nursery as much as he can. 
    He stopped suggesting steak restaurants even though that's he's favourite. He organised with his boss so he doesn't have to sleep over on his company retreat cause he doesn't want to leave me alone. He is always feeling my belly for movement. He is going to make a great dad!! And, the change in him has been amazing! He always smiled at kids that did cute stuff, but now he is so cute with them - like he can imagine himself with his own kid and it's the sweetest. There were two girls in line with us yesterday and the one had Down Syndrome - and he just thought she was the most beautiful thing ever. 
    Flip, sorry for the ramble, but he is the best and I feel incredibly lucky to be having kids with him! 
  • @yogahh - With my two daughters the only growth scans I had were at the 20 week. I *think* it means everything is a-ok, but worth asking about at your next appointment for sure!

• yeah, I was wondering about further US as well. I had them every 2 weeks through 24 weeks for cervical length measurements, and I plan to ask in about 10days at my 28 week appt if I will have any more routine US. 

I "measured" 30weeks at my 26 week appt, so I might get a growth US at some point....the OB was surprised my uterus is so big, but I'm really not surprised.  Baby was measuring right on at the 20wk AS.

Mama to Three Girls: 

• Week/Fruit: 30/cucumber (eww) or platypus sans tail (word.)

Rants/Raves/Symptoms: I feel great, except for getting winded a lot and having to eat smarter (never before bed!) to avoid heartburn.  

I am big, though, and keep knocking things over with my belly...

Appointments: Just had my first two-week check-in, and asked all my silly questions: apparently I do not need to worry about passing out while giving birth (which I was worried about because I faint a lot when I cut myself or stub my toe...). Baby is measuring exactly right, and I am doing well but I should drink more water, apparently.

GTKY: DH is rather involved. I had to do most of the registry myself (though we chose all the big things together and he reviewed and edited the final version) but he is actually planning the shower alongside his aunt, who is hosting. He also can't make most of the Dr's appointments because he needs to save up time off for when baby comes.

But the thing I love most about how involved he is is that he's already feeling/acting like a father. He wakes up in the middle of the night to check if I am sleeping on my side; he watches the cats to make sure they don't try jumping on my belly (even though I've told him I think it's fine); he's always thinking about baby--yesterday we were driving and he didn't make a u turn because he thought it was too risky and said, "well, I'm driving for three now."

I like it:)

• Week/Fruit: 29 weeks

Rants/Raves/Symptoms: Swelling in my feet, helps if I keep them up periodically throughout the day. Heartburn is back, but it doesn't seem as bad as I had it in 1st tri. Definitely cannot bend over anymore and if I have to get down on the ground for something I make sure it's when DH is around otherwise I'm not getting back up for awhile.

Upcoming Appointments: Monday for my glucose test and rhogam shot. Yay.

Questions for the group:

GTKY - How involved is your SO in the pregnancy? Very. I'm actually surprised but DH has wanted to be a part of pretty much every decision. Daycare, pediatrician, etc. He even tries a little bit with the nursery but I don't really give him as much room there. :wink: He's been to every appointment so far. He loves to feel baby move. Before we got pregnant he said he was worried that would weird him out, but now he tries to feel her move every chance he gets. He loves talking to her all the time too. I can already tell she's going to have him completely wrapped around her little finger.  :)
  • Week/Size: 31/Pineapple 

Symptoms: I finally got my heartburn under control, so I'm doing pretty good right now. 

Rants: Its been 2 weeks since everyone found out I'm pregnant and not a single family member (aside from my dad) has showed any interest.  Remind me again why we're supposed to share pregnancies with people? 

Upcoming Appointment: Thursday for a routine visit.  

GTKY: Not very.  He has gone to a couple ultrasounds, and more for me because I was super nervous.  Otherwise, he's out of state 3/4 of the month.  It's hard for him to be involved when he's not here. 
  • Week/Fruit: 27/ rutabaga

Rants/Raves/Symptoms: The pregnancy finally caught up with me this week. Tired all the time and working full days are killing me, so I talked with the supervisor and have shortened my work days. Yay! Had my glucose test yesterday and just waiting for the results. 

Upcoming Appointments: week of 3/14 rhogam shot, 3/21 OB check up 

Questions for the group: none 

GTKY - How involved is your SO in the pregnancy? Very, he went to the initial appointment, the A/S scan, and my last check up. Now that he was a new position it is easier for him to be able to come. We designed the nursery together and he built custom bookshelves. He loves feeling her kick when she's having a dance party but doesn't really have the patience to wait for her to randomly kick. He's going to make a great daddy. 

• Week/fruit: 30 Rants/raves/symptoms: braxton hicks, diarrhea at times, heart burn has subsided, still think she is breech, string painful movements at times Upcoming appts: march 9th. Seems like forever. Haven't been since end of Jan. GTKY: DH is about as involved as I'd expect him to be. He's been to my ultrasound appts, interviewed a daycare with me, he chose the baby name. He's felt her move a few times. He's working on the renovations on the house in order to get the nursery done. He let me decide on baby gear since this is my 2nd kid (his 1st). We each have medical insurance through our companies and he asked months ago if the baby will be on mine or his insurance. I was surprised he even thought of that. He's very hands on with my daughter and I'm excited to see him with a baby. He tells people he's more excited for when she's born, it's not as real for him as it is for me since I'm the pregnant one.
  • khochanadelkhochanadel member
    edited February 2016
    Week/Fruit: 26/lettuce 

Rants/Raves/Symptoms: Treating a UTI for a few more days. Zero fun. Still so constipated; thank god for colace. All the extra attention and starting is a little uncomfortable. Sleep is becoming more difficult, but both twins are currently head down! Hopefully they stay that way but I'm not holding my breath. I can't anyway. I get winded just talking about it. 

Upcoming Appointments: March 9 for an another ultrasound with my perinatologist, March 17 for my GD test with my OB. Will have bi-weekly appts after that. 

Questions for the group: Anyone else having their shower next weekend and already tired of the drama?!

GTKY - How involved is your SO in the pregnancy? I'd say he goes to about half of the things. I toured 5 day cares, he came to 3. We have 2 pediatrician meet and greets, he is coming to 1. He comes to the biggie dr appts (with twins, they are frequent). He was adamant about our shower being a celebration of both of us becoming parents, not just me. He is coming to all our classes, even the breastfeeding one. Hands off with a lot of other things like nursery , but we just bought a house and he's trying to find a new job so he gets some slack. 
  • Questions for the group: After the standard 20 week A/S, is anyone else else getting more ultrasounds? My dr has not mentioned any growth scans and DH is worried about it. 
    If you were actually having twins, and people weren't just a-holes asking if you were having twins, you would get growth scans every 3-4 weeks like me! Of course, in my case, it's to monitor for all the super scary shit like TTTS, so be glad you don't need to get them often. 

But having had them so frequently, I would be going nuts with just one scan during my pregnancy! I ask for more. The worst they can do is say no. 
  • Help an anxious Mama out:  I officially leaked colostrum into my bra today.  Last pregnancy I leaked a lot, and I considered it a symptom of my preterm labor.  Talk me down!  Tell me about your leaking, full-term pregnancies!!
    Thanks!

Mama to Three Girls: 

• cortney626  I'm on the diarrhea side of things with you, lady!!  Sometimes my pregnant body throws in a few days of constipation, just for fun, but then back to the diarrhea side.  Not anything dehydrating for me, but annoying.  Good Times!

Mama to Three Girls: 

• Week: 29/acorn squash

R/R/S: swelling and difficult sleeping. Feeling like a small house. Baby girl's kicks are getting very strong and I have a spot that is sooo painful, wondering if she could be brusing me! The movement is night and day from my last pregnancy because I had an anterior placenta last night - I had no idea how much of a difference it makes. It blows my mind and my husband is shocked when we watch/feel my belly. 

Upcoming appts: March 7th - 30 weeks. Blows my mind. 

GTKY: other than comparing him to a saint there's not much to say. 

Baby # 1: BFP 10/26/12: Baby girl born 7/1/13
    Baby #2: BFP 9/2/15: EDD 5/15/16
  • JennyS86 said:
    Help an anxious Mama out:  I officially leaked colostrum into my bra today.  Last pregnancy I leaked a lot, and I considered it a symptom of my preterm labor.  Talk me down!  Tell me about your leaking, full-term pregnancies!!
    Thanks!
    I can't help with full term stories but I didn't leak once with my first. I've been leaking for a couple weeks with this pregnancy. My mom said she did with her second as well. I just think they know what's coming!
    Baby # 1: BFP 10/26/12: Baby girl born 7/1/13
    Baby #2: BFP 9/2/15: EDD 5/15/16
  • ashleyla526ashleyla526 member
    edited February 2016
    Week/Fruit: 28/eggplant. Yay third trimester!!  

Rants/Raves/Symptoms: rant: This darn knee I twisted a few weeks ago is still giving me issues.  It was getting a lot better through last weekend, then all of a sudden on Tuesday went back to square one with pain and extreme tightness.  I don't think my worsening lower leg swelling is helping any, so I am seeing a physical therapist on Monday.  It's not so excruciating or debilitating that I think it requires anything major, just more of an added annoyance to my already unbalanced and wobbly body!  
    Raves: My showers are next weekend, which I'm excited for!  DH and I also finally decided to have me take off through the end of this year with baby, so I feel very fortunate that it looks like we can work that out and my boss is totally cool with it.  

Upcoming Appointments:
    March 18 for regular checkup

Questions for the group: none; answer for @yohahh - My pregnancy has been really routine also and I asked my dr last week about any more scans as we get closer to EDD.  She said typically they won't do another u/s unless they have a reason to or suspect something abnormal (can't find heartbeat, I don't feel movement, or they think baby is breach after 36-38 weeks).  She said they will just start feeling for baby's position starting at 36 weeks and if all seems good, then no more scans for me.  I'm thankful for a smooth pregnancy, but I want to see this kid! 

Very!  He's come to all appointments, but we work about 5 feet from each other (literally, our cubes are diagonal from one another) and our dr is across the street so it's pretty convenient.  He helps assemble things and gives input when I'm choosing decor.  He has been to all the daycare and pediatrician visits and is excited for the hospital class.  He so badly wants to feel more movement, he's only felt baby a couple of times due to this darn anterior placenta.  Hopefully he will feel more in the coming weeks!  He definitely looks out for me a bit more now, but not overly protective since that's not his nature.  
    Me: 29      DH: 38
    Married: May 26, 2012
    BFP: September 10, 2015
    EDD: May 22, 2016
  • @JennyS86 all of my updates this week said leaking colostrum is very normal at this time, and you may even need breast pads. I'm a few weeks ahead of you, but apparently it can and does happen pretty early.

Week/Fruit: 31/pineapple

Rants/Raves/Symptoms: Went to an aqua yoga class this week and that was nice. I'm going to try and keep it up.

I also had some really firm, limbs sticking out of my belly kind of movement for the first time this week, so that was cool. DH got to feel it, and he was really excited. He had felt movement before, but since it's been so faint, he was never sure about what he was feeling.

Upcoming Appointments: March 4th. I think I go biweekly after that.

Questions for the group: Anyone else notice their veins becoming more visible? It's weird, but may be because I'm pretty pastey white.

GTKY - How involved is your SO in the pregnancy? He's been very involved. Gone to all of my appointments with ultrasounds, we registered together, took a birthing class together, and work on the nursery together. He is always touching my belly and saying how cute/sexy I look with the bump. He's going to be a great dad.
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• JennyS86 said:
    Help an anxious Mama out:  I officially leaked colostrum into my bra today.  Last pregnancy I leaked a lot, and I considered it a symptom of my preterm labor.  Talk me down!  Tell me about your leaking, full-term pregnancies!!
    Thanks!

I think I leaked for the 1st time yesterday. From what I have read its normal. But of course, if you are concerned, a check in with your dr wont hurt!

cat fail animated GIF

• @lalala2004 I have been a super veiny vampire through this whole pregnancy, since about week 8. With all the extra blood it's totally normal. 

• @lalala2004 that's actually been my first early symptom of pregnancy both times. This time I actually suspected I was pregnant before taking a test because of all the bright blue veins! They have stayed with me but mostly on my belly, chest and wrists. 

• and the boob veins!!

Mama to Three Girls: 

• It's weird that I've only noticed the vein thing recently. Maybe it was just because it was colder and wearing more clothes and that's why I didn't notice :P
    *Siggy Warning*
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• Week/Fruit: 28! Third trimester!

Rants/Raves/Symptoms: Nothing too bad - just discomfort and had a few very restless nights. Doesn't help that DH always ends up taking more than his half of the bed, plus the dog is in the bed with us as well. But am feeling pretty good overall.

Upcoming Appointments: Checkup and glucose test on Thursday - fingers crossed.

Questions for the group: Nothing

GTKY - How involved is your SO in the pregnancy? Very! *Almost* as involved as I am :smile: It's been so sweet watching him get so excited!
  • I'm late to the weekend party as usual.

Week/Fruit: 31/Pineapple.  Ouch.

Rants/Raves/Symptoms:  I get winded when even think about breathing.  Also lots of hip pain.  The gym is being abandoned very soon...I just can't seem to pull the plug yet.

Upcoming Appointments: March 3rd for my general 2 week check in.  Hopefully I'll get the results of my GD test.

Questions for the group:  No leaking here.  Still no BH.  Sometimes I get nervous that my body doesn't know what it's doing :neutral: 

GTKY - How involved is your SO in the pregnancy?  He's great.  He comes to almost all my appointments, fortunately he has a day off during the week so that makes it a lot easier.  He works in veterinary medicine so he chats with the dr a lot about medical stuff.  He doesn't have a ton of interest in feeling the baby move, which is fine.  He tends to throw himself into the tangible stuff, like the registry and the nursery.  I went through the registry and added all the essential stuff, like the PNP, bottles, etc, and then he went through and reminded me that the baby needs things like toys and clothes too ;)  The nursery needed some pretty involved repairs to the walls because the former owner had decided to install plumbing in a bedroom.  Lucky for me he's handy.  Yesterday he moved on to painting the walls, and he's also a great artist so he's going to draw a jungle theme on the walls too.
  • @Aquinna82: Same here on no leaking and no BH. But I've been told it's not unusual, by my OB and by the ladies in my family, none of whom have had either in prior pregnancies.
  • Week/Fruit: 28/Eggplant

Rants/Raves/Symptoms: Fatigue and some nausea has returned.  Not sleeping due to hip/knee aches and leg cramps.  Constant back pain (it's almost unbearable on some days) and heartburn.  So much more movement...loving it!  

Upcoming Appointments: This afternoon for the GTT...dreading it, for some reason.

Questions for the group: I THINK I have been having occasional Braxton Hicks, but I'm not sure.  The way I describe it to my H, is it feels like I am wearing a "belt of crampy awfulness."  My belly cramps up (almost feels like stabbing pains) and since I already have awful back pains anyways, that pain increases.  Are BH contractions supposed to hurt like that, or am I just a wiener?  

GTKY - How involved is your SO in the pregnancy?  He's VERY involved!  He has been to every appointment thus far (not that he HAS to, he just likes to go).  I think it helps that our US tech is a close friend, so we get US's in between most normally scheduled US's and he likes to see our LO as often as possible.  He painted the nursery and will help with the furniture as soon as we get it.  He tries to feel her movement on my belly when I feel it, but he can't recognize it yet...hopefully soon.  He helps out around the house every once in awhile with cooking and cleaning...he's pretty awesome!  Ok, I'll stop...I feel like I'm getting a little braggy here!
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• @JennyS86 For healthier alternatives, I too try to do Greek yogurt.  Instead of sugary snacks, I try to eat fruit instead.  And water has gotten a little boring for me lately.  I'm not a sugary and/or caffeinated drink person, so I just try to amp up my water.  My latest thing is homemade chia fresca...a big water bottle with half water and half coconut water (for added potassium), a few tablespoons of chia seeds, a tablespoon of fresh squeezed lemon and/or lime juice and an optional sweetener.  If I use sweetener, I use raw, unfiltered honey (about a tablespoon).  I might try some fresh cucumber and mint leaves instead of the citrus next time! 
    Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker

• clbness said:
    Questions for the group: I THINK I have been having occasional Braxton Hicks, but I'm not sure.  The way I describe it to my H, is it feels like I am wearing a "belt of crampy awfulness."  My belly cramps up (almost feels like stabbing pains) and since I already have awful back pains anyways, that pain increases.  Are BH contractions supposed to hurt like that, or am I just a wiener?  
    Sounds like BH to me. With mine, my belly feels rock hard and yeah, it feels like a belt of crampy awfulness. Feels like I might have to pee, but then I don't.