October 2016 Moms
Options

Weight gain 1st trimester

how much weight have you gained and how far along are you 

Re: Weight gain 1st trimester

• Options
    Nope. It's no ones business how much we have all either gained or lost. Everyone is different and unless my doctor is concerned, I'm not going to go around comparing myself to others.
    DS Maxwell - 08/25/2009
    Wedded Bliss - 05/19/15
    MC - 05/15/15 & 7/29/15 & 11/25/15 (You were wished for, hoped for and loved)
    BFP#4; EDD 10/21/16 - Praying for a miracle.

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    Weight  gain during pregnancy  has a huge variation  of normal. I know many women who put on  10-15 lbs in first tri, and some who put on 2-3. It really depends  on  the person  their individual  body, genetics, health ect
  • Options
    I'm only weighing myself at my appointments. If my doctors not worried then neither should I.

TTC #1 since August 2015
    BFP #1 January 28, 2016
    EDD October 3, 2016
    Felicity Joy, born September 2, 2016
    My Chart
    TTC #2 Since August 2020
    BFP #2 September 11, 2020
    EDD May 23, 2021

• Options
    There would be a lot of different answers (if you got answers) from any group of women at any point in a 9-month period of time when we're not even pregnant. Many of us are more focused on keeping any food down at times and just hoping for our pregnancies to get off to a good start. Personally meaningless answers on suggested weight gain can be found by searching the bump site, Google, or any book on pregnancy, and obviously any relevant individualized weight recommendations would come from your doctor.
  • Options
    I haven't even weighed myself. It's not something I'm concerned with. 

BabyFruit Ticker

Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

• Options
    I weigh myself every day, as I've been doing so for months throughout my weight loss journey. It's still early for me (5w5d), but I haven't gained anything yet and don't plan to in my first trimester. I eat at maintenance and still exercise. My OB told me yesterday that maintaining your pre-preg weight or gaining a couple pounds were both fine. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I also eat at or below maintenance and exercise and still gain weight like crazy in all the trimesters. During my second pregnancy I was training for and completed a half marathon at 12 weeks, by which point I'd gained 12 lbs. Love what the early posters said about the range of normal.