December 2015 Moms
Options

Twatwaffle Tuesday (yes I know that it is wednesday)

When was the last time we did TT? I need this this week so I will start!

I am a twatwaffle. I 1. Forgot to push my son's penis down when I changed his diaper so he peed up and out 2. I didn't put his diaper on tight enough so he had a blow out. 3. I decided to let him air dry a bit after his bath resulting in him peeing all of himself. Rough day

I, I am a twatwaffle.

Re: Twatwaffle Tuesday (yes I know that it is wednesday)

• Options
    I too am a TW. I got all upset with my amazing husband because we were eating dinner and baby girl was fussing, and he looked at me and said, "are you going to feed her?" Which I took super personally for no reason at all and got super upset about. The poor guy was just trying to let me eat dinner and figure out if he needed to heat up a bottle. I'm a jerk.
  • Options
    I have a college interview for art so I go get my art portfolio which has everything I've worked so hard on for years and it's all damp and wrecked and I'm so angry and heart broken!
    Don't know what I'm going to do about college
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    dec15mum said:
    I have a college interview for art so I go get my art portfolio which has everything I've worked so hard on for years and it's all damp and wrecked and I'm so angry and heart broken!
    Oh my this is terrible, I am so sorry
  • Options
    I think I may be a tw - on Sunday afternoon I came home w/ my kids from a play date about a half hour before evening routine starts. Evening routine is the sacred cow in this house. It's like a finely tuned orchestra & I am the conductor - at least this is how it is in my mind. Well my hubs wasn't home. I text him - he's helping our sick/older neighbor move a bureau. Ok fine. Well I'm scrambling to make dinner, dd is now starting to tick off, ds is "starving" and hubs has left a giant pile of clean clothes on our bed. I text hubs again "your timing is terrible" and text-argument ensued. The worst flipping way to argue esp when you are also trying to fold a giant pile of laundry, feed your kid dinner & start baths. 
    I know he feels like he's been a big helper & not going out much & blah blah blah & then he felt like I wasn't appreciating his effort.
    And I still haven't apologized. Even after he came right home to help.  :#
  • Options
    My three year old is a tw.  She has figured out if she yells at the top of her lungs at 5am she can wake everyone in the house up.  Then she throws a fit and goes back to sleep, leaving me with a screaming baby and a pissed off, shrieking yearling.  Normally everyone would sleep until 8 ... Third morning in a row of this and I'm about ready to kill everyone in the house.  I had just gotten to that glorious place where the baby only woke up twice overnight to nurse :'(
  • Options
    Home buying/selling is a twatwaffle for me this week. We are going through the process of selling ours & buying a new one and it's so much work! Inspections, fixes, cleaning, staging, etc etc etc...I know the end benefit will be amazing (going from a 2BR to a 5BR, hallelujah) but until then, major twatwaffle status.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary
  • Options
    My dad and flies were twatwaffles this past week. We had been having a weird fly problem. Like no joke, wake up and there's 40 flies buzzing around my skylight. Plus even more throughout the house.  Riley wouldn't go down for naps more than 5-10 mins one day followed by a hourly feedings the next early morning from 3-9 am. I was exhausted. Finally got her down for a nap and was about to make something to eat. And dad decided it would be a great time to vacuum up all the flies... Little one awake instantly... 
  • Options
    Responsibilities are TW. I just want to stay at home and be with my baby but I have to work to pay for my car and to do that I have to pay for daycare. So I literally have no take away. 
  • Options
    My dog is a TW.  Poor thing, he's really had to adjust to not getting all the attention in the house.  He walks around the house just looking for inappropriate things to put in his mouth.  And with a new baby in the house we are not exactly great housekeepers right now.  Lots of stuff laying around just waiting for my golden to steal it.  He especially enjoys stealing anything baby related.  The pacifier is his favorite.  I can't wait until it gets warmer so we can exercise him more.
  • Options
    groovylocksgroovylocks member
    edited February 2016
    dec15mum said:
    Insist on it. Stand by it. Work it into the concept of being an artist and a mother. 

I'm serious. 

Also, did you take any photos of the work before it was damaged? If you have those, that can also be used in a portfolio. 

I'm sorry that happened. I know what that feels like. There are no words.
  • Options
    @dec15mum I am so, so sorry. I can't even imagine. 

@RSB1982 My dog also loves pacis. And he's chewed two of LOs onesies. I freaked. I'm a TW though bc I've lagged on his training sessions, and he does so much better when he's had the mental stimulation.

The dog and I were both TWs the other night.  DD was doing her thing on a quilt.  Since she has a small flat spot, I try to only put her in a bouncy seat when I shower or have to call to pay a bill or something.  Otherwise, we hang in the floor so she can wiggle. The dog is usually interested,  but very gentle and leaves us alone. He came up to investigate right as DH walked into the room. Dog was excited and bounced his front feet up. He landed one paw on DD's head/neck (she was looking to the side). He's 50 pounds, but realized what he'd done and pulled his paw back instantly, so contact was about the length of a blink. She screamed but seemed fine,  but we still took her to urgent care to get checked. They confirmed that she was okay. But sheesh, talk about mom guilt. 
  • Options
    After DD finally chilled out and fell asleep my husband sneezed. His sneezes are SO freaking loud. Needless to say he woke her up. She just fell asleep now and he texted me, causing her to wake up. Thanks again DH!!!! 
  • Options
    dec15mum said:
    Ugh! I am so sorry @dec15mum !! I couldn't imagine. Take some time away from it and come back a bit later and see if anything can be saved.

My TW is my baby Carlos' hair. Like seriously. I love that it's long and full but I hate that suddenly, everyday, it looks greasy. It's so small in comparison to @dec15mum and so it makes me feel even more horrible for complaining.
  • Options
    dec15mum said:
    Insist on it. Stand by it. Work it into the concept of being an artist and a mother. 

I'm serious. 

Also, did you take any photos of the work before it was damaged? If you have those, that can also be used in a portfolio. 

I'm sorry that happened. I know what that feels like. There are no words.
    This is my plan! A few are salvageable so I'll work those and totally pretend I meant it, others are wrecked though.
    I was thinking that, I'm sure I have photos of them somewhere I just need to try find them because then I'll be saved!
    If not I'll need to phone the college and explain, I really really hope I can still get accepted with the little I have.
    Thanks guys, you're all so kind! 
  • Options
    Court11152325Court11152325 member
    edited February 2016
    Today I dropped my phone in the toilet. I'm a TW.

ETA: I once flushed a phone down a toilet.
  • Options
    The cashier at the hamburger place was a twatwaffle for deciding to ask me three times if I was sure I wanted to order a double patty hamburger. Lady make my order ('_')!! 
  • Options
    Moving is a TW! Not the actual physical moving part, but that's a whole different waffle... I'm talking about the crap you have to do once you get there. DMV for a new license and to register the car and get new plates, then I have to switch my nursing license to the new state which is totally annoying and costs $50 here and $30 there... Lots of nickle and diming. Then I have new hire paperwork for my new job and have to sign up for benefits. I also have to find a new family doctor, OB/GYN and pediatrician. Oh yeah, and my passport just so happens to be expiring in 2 months, so what the hell, I'll just go ahead and renew that too! Ugh! Adulting blows. 
  • Options
    Today I dropped my phone in the toilet. I'm a TW.

ETA: I once flushed a phone down a toilet.
    My mum flushed her brand new iPhone down the Costco toilets when I was in high school. A week later she shattered her replacement. Apple felt bad and gave her that one free. 
  • Options
    My DH is a TW. I just finished saying that sex was the LAST thing I wanted to do with any free time. All I want is to sleep, since I haven't had a good night's sleep since the second trimester. So what does DH do? Insist he really needs to have sex tonight. A**hat, it's only been 48 hours since I last sucked it up to keep the peace and I JUST SAID I don't want to. Thanks for listening and letting me get some freaking sleep. Maybe I should make you get up with the baby every time for the next week so you can feel the pain (since I get up with DS every time. Yay breastfeeding).
  • Options
    Volkswagen Golfs are twatwaffles. 

Stroller doesn't fit in the hatchback trunk.

Since December i haven't heard the end of how i chose a too small car (before Olive was even conceived...) for a 3 person family from my genius husband. Literally, it comes up in conversation at least once a day. I finally told him to put up or shut up. I loved my car despite it being confusingly small (seriously, how do normal sized Germans fit in this thing? Most of them are pushing 6 feet stooped over.) and if he wanted me to own a larger vehicle, he could finance a trade-in for a Tiguan or something. 

So if he's still annoyed at my car, he's been wisely quiet about it. But the truth is I'M annoyed at my car. I would like our stroller to fit rather than buy a whole new one. Right now i have to take my husband's car anytime i want to take the baby on an outing.

• Options
    The daycare we chose is a MAJOR twatwaffle. I cannot believe what's happening right now. I am less than 2 weeks from going back to work and there was a story on the news tonight about the daycare we chose being investigated for ABUSE of FOUR children. I am balling. There is no effing way I'm sending my baby boy there. I'm so disgusted and angry and sad. I'm totally screwed to try to find daycare now but I don't care what it takes, I will not send my child there. I'm so angry I could just scream. I'm holding my baby boy extra tight tonight. :(
    Pregnancy Ticker

Anniversary
  • Options
    Mommy guilt is a TW. Just once I'd like to be able to buy something for myself and enjoy it without ultimately returning it because it's too much and I don't really need it. Meanwhile hubby got a new phone because he wanted one. Here I am planning to return a $15 pair of jeans because I have one pair and can get by. I'm not upset with him. I'm envious.

@groovylocks As long as a carseat fits maybe you can tough it out until an umbrella stroller is possible. I love how little and light those things are.
  • Options
    Me. I am the twatwaffle. Ever since my daughter was born, I have been completely and totally fed up with my SO, even when he doesn't deserve it. Don't get me wrong, he usually does. But not always, and I know it's not rational for me to always be so pissed off at him. Even when he's being nice and trying to have a good night, I am a bitch, and I can't seem to control it. I feel terrible because he was super sweet today and then tonight, I lost it on him for something so stupid, I can't even remember what it was. He left and went to stay at his grandmothers for the night and now won't even take my calls, even though I sent a long text apologizing. 

I am awful. :(
  • Options
    The daycare we chose is a MAJOR twatwaffle. I cannot believe what's happening right now. I am less than 2 weeks from going back to work and there was a story on the news tonight about the daycare we chose being investigated for ABUSE of FOUR children. I am balling. There is no effing way I'm sending my baby boy there. I'm so disgusted and angry and sad. I'm totally screwed to try to find daycare now but I don't care what it takes, I will not send my child there. I'm so angry I could just scream. I'm holding my baby boy extra tight tonight. :(
    That is crazy. I am fed up with my daycare too. DH went to pick him up today and he was basically in a bouncy seat facing a corner all alone and covered in spit up. They tried to feed him an additional bottle of formula (that was unnecessary) and he didn't want it so he spit up what they gave him and they just left him in his soaked shirt and stuck his bottle in the window!  DH took this:
  • Options
    @esscapelle and @ATolentino89 that's awful! My girl is starting daycare next week and this is the kind of stuff that I worry about most. 

The United State's maternity leave policy, or lack there of, is a twatwaffel. I wish we could be like Canada with a full year to raise our babies.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Mommy guilt is a TW. Just once I'd like to be able to buy something for myself and enjoy it without ultimately returning it because it's too much and I don't really need it. Meanwhile hubby got a new phone because he wanted one. Here I am planning to return a $15 pair of jeans because I have one pair and can get by. I'm not upset with him. I'm envious.

@groovylocks As long as a carseat fits maybe you can tough it out until an umbrella stroller is possible. I love how little and light those things are.
    Sams has some nice jeggings right now ;) less money ;)
  • Options
    ColoradoHikerColoradoHiker member
    edited February 2016
    Job hunting is the TW.  Things are going well, but my pay out money from my previous job runs out at the end of March.  If I get an offer for the interview I had recently, they said the background check could take from 2-8 weeks to complete.  My anxiety levels are sky rocketing, and it's making it hard to enjoy my time with DS right now.  :neutral: 
    DS1: Born 11.18.15
    DS2: EDD- 09.08.17

Babysizer Cravings Pregnancy Tracker
  • Options
    Omg @ATolentino89 that's horrible! I hope you complain and/or look for a new daycare. It's so scary to trust strangers with our LO's.
    Pregnancy Ticker

Anniversary
  • Options
    Job hunting is the TW.  Things are going well, but my pay out money from my previous job runs out at the end of March.  If I get an offer for the interview I had recently, they said the background check could take from 2-8 weeks to complete.  My anxiety levels are sky rocketing, and it's making it hard to enjoy my time with DS right now.  :neutral: 
    I totally hear you :/ I have been looking for a job for months and officially quit my job in January... I have been living off my tax return and child support starts soon so that will help... But there just isn't much in South Dakota :( 
  • Options
    I'm not sure if I'm the TW or if everyone else is.
    Actually this is more like a vent.... 

I'm on my second week back of work and trying to handle three different high priority projects while watching my DD at home while we try to figure out day cares.

Meanwhile, I'm also handling getting my 5 year old off to school each morning, and her school work, etc., plus doctor appointments for both of them, and trying to keep the house decent looking.

Also meanwhile, I'm trying to make plans for a work trip I'm taking next week, and no one can tell me if I need to leave on Wednesday or Thursday.

My mom is driving 3 hours to watch my kids while my husband works, which my husband is not that thrilled over because she can be a little annoying and likes to make decisions without consulting us, and now she has decided that she is bringing my aunt along, who is 10 times worse. 

And now my husband is mad and threatening to stay with a friend while they are here because no one asked him and he doesn't want to deal with both of them. This is partially my fault, because my mom told me a while back that she wanted to bring my aunt, but because I was unsure when I would have to leave, and that she would have to take multiple days off of work, I didn't think she was coming, so I didn't bring it up. But apparently she is now. And I'm worried about just telling my mom "No, don't bring her" because my aunt has this complex about thinking that no one likes her, and my mom tends to get really pissed about things that she perceives is a slight to her family. 

So now I either need to convince my mom that my aunt visiting while I'm actually home would be the better option, or convince my husband that my aunt visiting during the week while he is working and doing extracurricular things is better than her visiting during a weekend. While taking care of two kids (thanks, snow day), and working on a few deadlines. And eventually getting a shower in there. Maybe. 
  • Options
    Volkswagen Golfs are twatwaffles. 

Stroller doesn't fit in the hatchback trunk.

Since December i haven't heard the end of how i chose a too small car (before Olive was even conceived...) for a 3 person family from my genius husband. Literally, it comes up in conversation at least once a day. I finally told him to put up or shut up. I loved my car despite it being confusingly small (seriously, how do normal sized Germans fit in this thing? Most of them are pushing 6 feet stooped over.) and if he wanted me to own a larger vehicle, he could finance a trade-in for a Tiguan or something. 

So if he's still annoyed at my car, he's been wisely quiet about it. But the truth is I'M annoyed at my car. I would like our stroller to fit rather than buy a whole new one. Right now i have to take my husband's car anytime i want to take the baby on an outing.

Lol my car is a twatwaffle as well! It's a Mini Cooper and I love it so much but ugh, I cannot sit in the front seat due to it being pushed forward so far because of the baby seat, so I sit in the back and my husband is 6 ft so the seat is against my ankles. He gets so mad about it lol. I found that my stroller fits in the tiny hatch, it's a bugaboo bee and the only stroller that fits :/
  • Options
    My H is a twatwaffle. Because I just find out today that he doesn't want anymore kids. And we have totally different views on life. And we won't come to any agreements on anything. I know it's our first but no more babies?? :disappointed: 
  • Options
    My H is a twatwaffle. Because I just find out today that he doesn't want anymore kids. And we have totally different views on life. And we won't come to any agreements on anything. I know it's our first but no more babies?? :disappointed: 
    Awe! It's too early for him to know what he wants. Just wait til that baby starts laughing or saying "da-da" - he doesn't know what he doesn't know. My hubby didn't want any more kids when I met him & here we are with 2. That he adores. 
  • Options
    blended10 said:
    Awe! It's too early for him to know what he wants. Just wait til that baby starts laughing or saying "da-da" - he doesn't know what he doesn't know. My hubby didn't want any more kids when I met him & here we are with 2. That he adores. 
    I hope he changes his mind down the road, it would be amazing.... I've always wanted 3 kids but I didn't know he was so set on just one! It's a little disheartening, but I can always hope that the future will bring what's best for us! 
  • Options
    blended10 said:
    I hope he changes his mind down the road, it would be amazing.... I've always wanted 3 kids but I didn't know he was so set on just one! It's a little disheartening, but I can always hope that the future will bring what's best for us! 
    My DH told me earlier this week he hadn't wanted any kids. He only agreed to have one to make me happy (which I didn't know, or things might be very different right now). And yet, he now tells our DS that we need mommy and daddy time to make him a little brother or sister. Color me confused...also, I'm so not ready for another yet. Can we at least wait until this one STTN for a while so mommy can get some sleep again?!