3rd Trimester
Options

Measuring 2 weeks small @ 28 weeks

Hello ladies. 
I had my 28 week MW appointment today and she measured bump as being 26cm. She was concerned at this & booked me in for a growth scan in 2 days time. 
Has anyone else had this same experience?
I am very petite (UK 6) & was born full term weighing 5lb. My fiancée is also fairly small in height. 
Baby is moving as normal & the MW heard his HB on the Doppler. 
Just scared that he's stopped growing! 

Re: Measuring 2 weeks small @ 28 weeks

• Options
    i honestly wouldn't be concerned. A LOT of women get sent for growth scans in 3rd Tri, & measuring your belly with a tape measure is very inaccurate. even US measurments can be off +/- 2lbs. there's really no way to know how big baby will actually be until birth.
  • Options
    This is very common; I wouldn't worry until there's something to worry about
    ~~Signature Trigger Warning~~

Me: 32; Him: 36
    Married: Oct 20, 2013
    BFP 1: Aug 31, 2015
    EDD 1: May 12, 2016
    DD1 Emma born May 12, 2016
    An Honest Account of New Motherhood (with Postpartum Anxiety, Depression, and OCD)

BFP 2: October 07, 2019
    EDD 2: June 20, 2020

• Loading the player...
  • Options
    smn14smn14 member
    edited February 2016
    My bump measurements were 2-3cm less than the number of weeks until my 38 week appt when I finally measured 38cm! Hope the growth scan goes well.
  • Options
    I agree. Wait for the results of the growth scan. Baby can shift a lot stil at 28 weeks and affect external tape measurements. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

• Options
    Thanks ladies xxx 
  • Options
    seasalt123seasalt123 member
    edited February 2016
    Just to add to this, because I have issues with my placenta, I have to have growth ultrasounds every two weeks. The ultrasounds are much more accurate than measuring fundal height (which only alerts doctors that they should perhaps do an ultrasound). My baby measures above normal for size and has great growth according to my ultrasounds. A nurse just happened to measure fundal height the other day (which isn't really needed since I have regular scans) and I measured almost three weeks behind. So if I wasn't getting regular ultrasounds, they might also have been concerned. It's great you are getting a scan but don't be too alarmed. Even if your baby's growth is a bit slow, you're still far enough into the pregnancy that the outcome will be good.