February 2016 Moms

Wellness Check In!!

Share your feelings, big accomplishments, rough times, etc here!!! 

Re: Wellness Check In!!

• Freddie is still struggling to latch and I'm still not producing nearly enough for him. I was clearly naive thinking bf'ing would be such a natural thing and I wouldn't need an alternative. I've been trying to have as many feeding sessions as possible where I try to nurse to 10 mins and if he takes we do as much as we can't and if he doesn't I supplement or use what I have pumped. I feel like such a failure when I feel like I've done everything 'right' but it's not taking. All the teas and oatmeal in the world are not boosting my supply enough to EP and I'm getting pretty discouraged. On the other hand once we found out what was going on and that our poor boy needed to supplement we've had a much more content baby on our hands! He's sleeping for 2-3 hour stretches and is usual happy and snuggly :) DH is still home for a few weeks which is super helpful and he gets to enjoy some bonding time as well. 
  • I'm sorry you are having a difficult time with breastfeeding. But yay for your happy baby!! @srecupido

We we are doing well considering! She nurses every two hours during the day which takes up all my time but at night I have to wake her up every 4 hours to feed her. My engirgement pain wakes me up every 4 hours. I'm hoping to stretch it out longer. 
    I also had been struggling with a horrible body ache and chills with no fever for days and I finally decided to call my OB to see if this is normal. They asked about any breast pain, I had been experiencing some pain ( I just thought they were engorgement/ clogged duct pain) in my right boob. They put me on antibiotics for mastisis even though she said if it is mastisis, I would be in the ER with the amount of pain I would experience, so there's a chance that it's something else, and I may be coming down with a flu (no!!!!!). Luckily within 48 hours,chills and body aches are gone and my right boob feels better too! And most importantly No flu! Yay. 
    September Sig challenge: Fall
    imageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • srecupido said:
    Freddie is still struggling to latch and I'm still not producing nearly enough for him. I was clearly naive thinking bf'ing would be such a natural thing and I wouldn't need an alternative. I've been trying to have as many feeding sessions as possible where I try to nurse to 10 mins and if he takes we do as much as we can't and if he doesn't I supplement or use what I have pumped. I feel like such a failure when I feel like I've done everything 'right' but it's not taking. All the teas and oatmeal in the world are not boosting my supply enough to EP and I'm getting pretty discouraged. On the other hand once we found out what was going on and that our poor boy needed to supplement we've had a much more content baby on our hands! He's sleeping for 2-3 hour stretches and is usual happy and snuggly :) DH is still home for a few weeks which is super helpful and he gets to enjoy some bonding time as well. 
    Don't get discouraged!!! You're doing what you need to do to keep him growing and healthy and that's all that matters!! Glad you've got a happy LO!!!
  • @monkeybutt80 mastitis is awful - feel better!!
    *E 10/2012, H 7/2014, F 2/2016*
    Pregnancy Ticker

• I'm so tired.. Just so freaking tired. I am not handling this whole sleep deprivation thing very well and have found myself sobbing these past few nights when baby girl just won't go to sleep after massive amounts of milk and burping. It takes her so long to fall asleep after feeding sessions that I only get like 30-45 minutes of sleepy before the next session and the cycle continues.. Please someone tell me this gets easier..
    Married: 8/25/12
    Started TTC: 1/1/14
    BFP: 6/1/15
    Baby Girl Athena Born: 2/7/16

• It gets easier but I'm right there with you. It's hard. And now my LO is becoming more awake and alert during the day he is also more awake between feedings at night. Last night he was awake from 11-1, eating multiple times and hanging out. Mamma wants some sleep!!
  • Thanks for the encouragement ladies! 

@monkeybutt80 glad you called your ob and are feeling better! 

@MississippiCatfish I know the process doesn't end with an accepted offer but that's great news!! Good thing you didn't listen to the relator. And how sweet to have those little moments with Frankie and your dads memory. 

• Eleanor is 5 weeks today and awake more in the day. After suffering from a cold causing congestion for LO and no sleep for us, we are finally all feeling healthy. She slept for 6 hours last night and our DS slept in (until 7am) so DH and I feel like human beings again. I am finally feeling strong enough again to wear her around all day and clean/ vacuum without the aches and pains after.

Pregnancy Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Yesterday was really rough. The night before it seemed like DD would only sleep if she was held and that she was screaming in my face on purpose. Then we thought we lost our cat right before we went grocery shopping and I was just exhausted. Plus DD was cluster feeding for hours and I felt like it was never going to end. DH did great and took her to help soothe her when it wasn't her being hungry and DD slept much better last night. DH is going to make sure I have time for a nap this afternoon since we don't have to go anywhere and I'm hoping that helps