June 2016 Moms

Baby body wash, shampoo etc

What kind of baby lotion, body wash, shampoo do you plan on using?  

Re: Baby body wash, shampoo etc

• I registered for cetaphil stuff. Smells so good ;)

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Aveeno is what I registered for because I love it.

It's honestly all going to depend on the baby though (allergies, sensitive skin, etc). If Aveeno doesn't work we'll keep trying new stuff until we find something that works for them.

I'm not going to buy too much of anything until LO is here.
    Me (31) & DH (32)
    Married 9/27/2014
    DD Born 6/23/16
    Baby #2 Due 3/7/20
  • Loading the player...
  • I'm a FTM so I can't personally attest to any particular products, but virtually everyone I know uses either Aveeno or Live Clean.
  • We use Norwex body cloths for face/body cleansing and used Aveeno lotion/shampoo for our other two. It'll depend on how this one reacts or doesn't to Aveeno. 
  • I registered for burt's bees, but we'll see how baby's skin does.
  • MynaBirdMynaBird member
    edited February 2016
    I love Mustela. The foaming newborn shampoo is great. Their products are really fragranced, though, which is awesome if you like how they smell (I do) and not so great if you don't like the smell or are fragrance-sensitive.

I'm a huge fan of California Baby, especially the bubble bath (comes with a bubble wand!), diaper rash cream (cloth diaper safe, in my experience), detangling spray, and sunscreen.

ETA: We also go through a TON of CJ's BUTTer. Stupid name, awesome products, great for cloth diaper families and sensitive skin.
    CafeMom Tickers

BabyFruit Ticker
  • MynaBird said:
    I love Mustela. The foaming newborn shampoo is great. Their products are really fragranced, though, which is awesome if you like how they smell (I do) and not so great if you don't like the smell or are fragrance-sensitive.

I'm a huge fan of California Baby, especially the bubble bath (comes with a bubble wand!), diaper rash cream (cloth diaper safe, in my experience), detangling spray, and sunscreen.

ETA: We also go through a TON of CJ's BUTTer. Stupid name, awesome products, great for cloth diaper families and sensitive skin.
    My sister loved Mustela with her twins but I think it's fairly expensive, right?

Pregnancy Ticker
  • We just use J+J or Burts Bees. 
    Married: June 25, 2011
    DS #1: Born September 29, 2013
    Baby #2: Due June 3, 2016

DST T4L

• I registered for Johnson & Johnson no clue why. I'll be honest I didn't really do much research on it oops
  • We only use burts bees, this other brand I get at whole foods that I can't think of the name of and California baby for all washing products/lotion/diaper cream etc and love tthem. 
  • I had a friend buy me Noodle & Boo when I was pregnant with DD and I have to say that it was my favorite! 
  • It took us around 6 types to find one for DS who's allergic to everything! I'll start with Aveeno (what he uses) and go from there.
    April Sig Challenge: Why my kid is crying

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • My sister loved Mustela with her twins but I think it's fairly expensive, right?
    It's a matter of perspective, I guess. It's more expensive than Johnson & Johnson or drugstore-type brands, but it's not expensive compared to what I personally spend on my own personal care products.
    CafeMom Tickers

BabyFruit Ticker
  • We use vanicream for lotion and soap, but Aveeno for shampoo. I like California Baby for sunscreen and bug spray. 

• I'm a FTM but I plan on using Babyganics. Smells good but natural and no weird stuff :)
  • kayla2536 said:
    I'm a FTM but I plan on using Babyganics. Smells good but natural and no weird stuff :)
    They have awesome bubble bath, too.

Yeah, we use a lot of bubble bath.
    CafeMom Tickers

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm a FTM so I can't personally attest to any particular products, but virtually everyone I know uses either Aveeno or Live Clean.
    I love Live Clean! Still all I use on my daughter. 
  • kayla2536 said:
    I'm a FTM but I plan on using Babyganics. Smells good but natural and no weird stuff :)
    Also a FTM and bought some babyganics. We'll see how baby reacts. I didn't realize how popular Aveeno is!
    Married July 2014
    DD born June 2016
    Second due August 2020 (team green!)
  • We use babyganics.
  • It looks like there is a lot more to choose from then I thought.  I have very sensitive skin I have to buy the natural soaps made from goats milk (which is pain to find in my area I normally buy from the lady who is at a craft show if the fall).  I'm hoping the baby does not inherit this from me.  I would like to thank everyone for their input it will help me research some different brands.  
  • I love Babyganics everything. Even their insect repellant is excellent. The California Baby diaper cream is fantastic too. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • We use Johnson & Johnson but I am still using all the soap I got from my shower.  My DS is 19 months and I've stil never had to buy any!
  • Maybe I'll try mustela. They sell online on Sephora :)
  • Aveeno baby, it was great for DS when he had eczema we still use it. It seems the less drying out of The brands we tried. 
  • I use babyganics lotion and shampoo. I love it, never had any problems. 
  • We used the mustela baby wash on DS when he was a newborn, and then switched to honest co and burt's bees depending on what i found in the store on sale etc.  DS never had any reactions.  We've also used babyganics lotion (suntan and regular) and aveeno beditme lotion.  

On impulse, I bought a bottle of the new aden and anais baby wash at target recently because it smelled so good, but returned it when i looked at the receipt--a small bottle was $16.00! I feel like mustela isn't even that expensive!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

• I want to try the Waleda baby wash and shampoo for my little one. Call me crazy, but when I found out I was pregnant, I revamped my body products and searched for ones that didn't have harsh chemicals and such using the EWG skin deep website.  I came across the Waleda products on Amazon and tried it myself and I love it.  Also tempted to try Aveeno's baby products and see how little one does. 
    https://www.ewg.org/skindeep/

• We used Aveeno from the start because of some skin sensitivitis on my niece and nephew. We used that up until about a year and now I use some Aussie kids stuff I  bought for my daughter on both of them. I will likely do the same for this baby. 

babysizercom pregnancy ticker

• The only stuff that doesn't break out my sons sensitive skin is Noodle and Boo. It's expensive, but it feels and smells SO nice! Plus my son is comfortable and it keeps his eczema under control!
    Mrs. H
    Crohn's Dx: August 2008
    Endometriosis Dx: May 2010
    Married: 05/19/2012
    TTC #1: June 2013
    BFP: December 2013
    DS: Born 08/29/2014
    TTC #2: July 2015

BFP #2: September 25, 2015

• Target has mustela stuff on Cartwheel for 15% off
  • dom20dom20 member
    I love the aveeno baby that is lavendar scented!
    Wife to B-2008 Mom to O-2009 Secondary infertility BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • Shea Moisture Baby products are awesome and almost always on sale.

Pregnancy TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker