April 2016 Moms

FFFC

2»

Re: FFFC

• fbanke42 said:
    I'm really looking forward to moving out so that I can cook my own meals. Not because I'm really excited to cook, but because I'm so sick of carbs on top of carbs on top of meat sprinkled with a little bit of salad. You don't need to serve bread with PASTA. That's your carb. My dad and brother are so picky about vegetables that my mom never puts any into the pasta, so it's usually just plain spaghetti and marinara sauce... So the only vegetables in the table are what's in the salad, which isn't much, and my brother won't eat any of the vegetables in it except for cucumber, so my mom always has to make him his own seperate bowl from the rest of us, since his food isn't allowed to potentially touch onions or tomatoes.
    I am not a huge fan of vegetables but I do feel your pain.  We went tou a rehearsal dinner where the grooms family didn't eat veggies so the meal consisted of rolls, fried chicken or fish, mashed potatoes with gravy, a pasta salad and then cheesecake for dessert.  I like carbs but that was too much for me.
  • Loading the player...
  • Omg I actually contemplated posting an UO that while I'm looking forward to Fuller House and hope its good, I think its super lame that it has the exact same premise as the original...EXACT...
    Fuller House?
  • @rebelone that last pic is my life right now. I want sex, but...blehhhhhh

Another confession: I work literally across the street from an Old Navy. I've been good most of this pregnancy, but today I went and bought like 5 pairs of the baby leggings with the butt ruffles (40% off through tomorrow, woooo) and a tiny pair of baby shoes.
  • I haven't done any work since I had my two meetings today. I may have looked like I was working but I don't think I did anything today.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

It's a boy! Grow baby, grow! EDD: 4/22/2016

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

• I found out last night that my friend who got engaged New Years Eve is getting married the Saturday before Easter. She asked for my new address, so I can only imagine that means I'm invited.

Which also means I have to figure out how on earth I'm dressing this bump for a wedding... I HATE going to weddings super pregnant. I'll be around my 5 week window during the wedding, which freaks me out. I don't like being away from home once I'm about 37+ weeks.

I pretty sure DH won't want to go, either. There won't be any alcohol and he won't know anyone... Maybe he'll go if I tell him one of my exes is also coming. The ex that gets him incredibly possessive of me when the guy even talks to me, since the two of us are still friends.

Anniversary

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• fbanke42 said:
    I found out last night that my friend who got engaged New Years Eve is getting married the Saturday before Easter. She asked for my new address, so I can only imagine that means I'm invited.

Which also means I have to figure out how on earth I'm dressing this bump for a wedding... I HATE

I pretty sure DH won't want to go, either. There won't be any alcohol and he won't know anyone... Maybe he'll go if I tell him one of my exes is also coming. The ex that gets him incredibly possessive of me when the guy even talks to me, since the two of us are still friends.

How I feel about my all my exes. I swear I must have been drunk or something at the time.

• rebelone said:
    fbanke42 said:
    I found out last night that my friend who got engaged New Years Eve is getting married the Saturday before Easter. She asked for my new address, so I can only imagine that means I'm invited.

Which also means I have to figure out how on earth I'm dressing this bump for a wedding... I HATE

How I feel about my all my exes. I swear I must have been drunk or something at the time.

One of my exes randomly emailed be like a month ago. We hadn't talked in over 2 years. In his weird unexpected message he said he reconnected with his high school girlfriend and that they were soon having a baby boy....uh good for you and thank you for telling me this-NOT. He knew I was at risk of infertility at the time and that I recently got married - uh stocker much??? Exes for a reason and who knew what I was think at the time either. 
  • fbanke42 said:

Which also means I have to figure out how on earth I'm dressing this bump for a wedding... I HATE going to weddings super pregnant. I'll be around my 5 week window during the wedding, which freaks me out. I don't like being away from home once I'm about 37+ weeks.

Rachel Pally for the dress! Just went to one last week and so happy I got the dress I did. So comfy and beautiful. 
  • @fbanke42 - What size and how formal? I've got a couple ASOS dresses that I figured I'd probably stick up on the local buy-sell-trade or hand off to Goodwill (I'm almost never that fancy, but I wanted nice options for our anniversary). They're both size 10 and fit comfortably over my rather ample bump and bust. If either of them might work for you, I'd be happy to send them your way... saves me the trouble of storing them, driving to Goodwill, or meeting up with a stranger!

• mrstrax said:
    I shaved my legs this morning for the first time in EASILY 2 months...probably more.  I had to sit on the shower floor to do it.  Took care of shaving my business too...which was WAY more effort that I had planned on.  Hubby better appreciate my handiwork tonight...the legs probably won't happen again until right before LO is due.  The other part is yet to be determined.....
    I legit felt like this lady while shaving...like I had grown this garden and cut it all down.....I am aware that it wasn't all pretty flowers, but still.  All my body's hard work...down the drain! Also, the pits NEVER grow, that's just nasty.

I always sit to shave. It started as a "because I can" after moving out of college dorms and then it stuck. So much more relaxing that way. And no chance of clumsy me hurting myself trying not to fall down...
    I told DH I need a weedwacker  :D
  • spicedicespicedice member
    edited February 2016
    AGK2015 said:
    @fbanke42 - What size and how formal? I've got a couple ASOS dresses that I figured I'd probably stick up on the local buy-sell-trade or hand off to Goodwill (I'm almost never that fancy, but I wanted nice options for our anniversary). They're both size 10 and fit comfortably over my rather ample bump and bust. If either of them might work for you, I'd be happy to send them your way... saves me the trouble of storing them, driving to Goodwill, or meeting up with a stranger!

My friend is Mormon, so I'm going to go with extremely modest and not planning on going very formal. Unfortunately a 10 wouldn't fit me. Thank you though! 

Edited because I need to add that I LOVE that black dress... It's so cute. 

Anniversary

Babysizer Geeky Pregnancy Tracker

• I'm going to do one more FFFC since I'm all about being sedentary today. Of my two kids, they both had to be extracted and they were both very comfortable with staying in there until the Dr. took them out. This little guy is actually kind of making me nervous. He's carrying very low and I feel pressure on my cervix, even more so when I'm walking and my tailbone and lower back is in so much pain. I have constant nightly leg cramps and overall I've been so miserable. This past week however, after months of being constipated my system is "cleaning out." With the constant BP checks, labs, tests, ultrasounds, etc., I feel like I'm getting evaluated more than before and they know something I don't. I really hope I'm just making myself nervous for no reason.

• My FFFC - I hate shoes/sneakers on newborns! Like, that shoe is bigger than the baby's head! It looks stupid! Ugh, drives me nuts.

Pregnancy Ticker

• I had sushi for dinner.
    It was amazing. I regret nothing.
  • I am making a frozen pizza tonight. It's ok though, I'm going to eat broccoli with it. And Dr. Pepper.
  • My FFFC - I hate shoes/sneakers on newborns! Like, that shoe is bigger than the baby's head! It looks stupid! Ugh, drives me nuts.
    Pshhhh maybe the ones you've seen are just the wrong size? I'm all about baby shoes and pretty sure baby will be coming home in these. 
  • yodiggity said:
    I just ate three bowls of cap'n crunch for dinner.
    Had that shhhhi for breakfast this morning. Mmmm
  • @AEG84 -- maybe. I mean, the shoes looked so huge it was ridiculous.  ;)

Pregnancy Ticker

• Two:

I broke my daughter's toddler bed this morning. How? I sat on it.

I absolutely let hubby bribe me with dinner out yesterday after he told me he has a job interview in two weeks that's a day's flight away in the middle of the Canadian wilderness... and he expects me to raise no concerns about moving my life a month after the baby is born to a town in the middle of nowhere. "They will reimburse my flight" he says...
  • ashdawn24 said:
    Two:

I'm sorry but I totally just LOL'd at this. I sat on DD's toddler bed the other day and thought for sure I was going to break it because it kept creaking. Now I just kneel beside it to give her good night kisses lol 
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • TKaiser91 said:
    ashdawn24 said:
    Two:

I'm sorry but I totally just LOL'd at this. I sat on DD's toddler bed the other day and thought for sure I was going to break it because it kept creaking. Now I just kneel beside it to give her good night kisses lol 
    In my defense, it was missing a screw where I was sitting, but let's be honest... it still takes a pretty large behind to completely split the wood! Haha!