May 2016 Moms

**Friday Ticker Change** 2/26

Week/Fruit:

Rants/Raves/Symptoms:

Upcoming Appointments:

Questions for the group:

GTKY - How involved is your SO in the pregnancy?

Re: **Friday Ticker Change** 2/26

• Week/Fruit: 29 weeks, acorn squash

Rants/Raves/Symptoms: I'm currently amused because last night I had a small bowl of shredded cheese on my tummy (I like cheese and tortilla chips) and Evelyn decided she didn't want it there and kicked or punched hard enough to make it move. 

Upcoming Appointments: Had one today- everything is looking good. I'm trying not to freak about the fact that my dr is 2 ish weeks a head of me in her pregnancy because she assures me she will be the one delivering my baby. Next appointment is on March 8th 

Questions for the group:

GTKY - How involved is your SO in the pregnancy?  He's semi involved, and getting more involved the more obviously pregnant I am. I think with him it's just hard to feel super involved because he's not the one carrying her or having the symptoms. He's more using the time before she comes to try to get healthier. 
  • finnybooboofinnybooboo member
    edited February 2016
    Week/Fruit: 29 weeks/acorn squash

Rants/Raves/Symptoms: I just got back from my work trip to Cali and though I'm exhausted I feel pretty good! I did notice my feet/ankles swelling a bit but I was on my feet a lot more then normal. I love that I can push on my belly a little and actually FEEL him. When I start getting nervous that I haven't felt him move in a while, I give a few pokes and pushes and he fights back. I feel like he's going to pay me back for waking him up all the time :)

Upcoming Appointments: Next appt is next Wednesday, which is 2 days shy of what should be my 30 week appt. I have to see all of the docs in the office, and I just have to see this one before I sail it out with my regular OB. My next appt after that at 32 weeks should get me back on my Friday appts :)

Questions for the group: none

GTKY - How involved is your SO in the pregnancy?  Since this is #2, we've both been kind of sailing through this process. We don't have the major decisions to make on baby gear and daycare and doctors, etc. He has taken on the nursery painting though, and it looks AWESOME so far! I hope he can get that done this weekend and we can put up the crib next week!

Baby #2 EDD: May 13th!
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Anniversary
  • Loading the player...
  • Week/Fruit: 27/rutabaga

Rants/Raves/Symptoms: Rants: I have ZERO libido lately, and it really sucks!  Raves: I'm sleeping better than I was a few weeks ago. Symptoms: sore feet, bloody boogers (eww!), sore hips and inner thighs 

Upcoming Appointments:  I just had my glucose tolerance test Wednesday (I passed!!!  :) ) I have an epidural consultation at my hospital on Monday and my regular OB appointment next Thursday.

Questions for the group: none

GTKY - How involved is your SO in the pregnancy?  MH has been really involved. He has been to most of my OB appointments (all ultrasounds appointments + some regular ones) and has asked good questions; he painted the nursery and hung the new fan and wainscoting himself; he picked out the nursery furniture and has had some strong opinions about the nursery decor; he attended our first shower this past weekend and plans to attend our second one next month; we each did our own research and found potential daycares, and we both toured each of them (except for the one I'm touring this afternoon while he is at work); and he didn't finish reading the books I bought him, but he's been doing his own internet research. When I complain about a symptom, he's like, "It's probably [whatever symptom he's read about] because that happens right about now." It's sweet. He has asked friends and co-workers for pediatrician and baby sitter referrals. When I first started feeling movement, he was so disappointed that he couldn't feel anything yet, and he was trilled when he was finally able to feel some kicks from the outside. He's been good about helping me out more and making sure I don't overdo it, but without hovering too much. Overall, I think he's been about as involved as he could be, considering he's not the one carrying our LO.   
  • Week/Fruit:
    28 weeks/large eggplant 

Rants/Raves/Symptoms:
    I have horrible insomnia lately

Upcoming Appointments:
    March 11th at 30 weeks- ahhh!

Questions for the group:
    No questions

He's not really involved but it's our third time doing this so I totally understand!  I think he's still in a bit of denial that we are going to have another child.  He is building a wall so the baby will have her own room which is a huge deal and I am so grateful to him for being a good sport.  

• Week/Fruit: 30/Cucumber---WTF? I have never seen a 2.5-3.5lb cucumber

Rants/Raves/Symptoms: I have less and less breathing room now, it seems that eating and breathing at the same time is getting to be a chore! Walking up the stairs at work? F that! On the plus side our nursery furniture and rocker came in!! Woot Woot! Time to get a move on. 

Upcoming Appointments: Hopefully Monday I will have results from this weeks blood draw testing for Cholestasis. Then regular appointment March 7th, unless i need to be seen sooner due to diagnosis. 

Questions for the group: hmmm.....none I guess 

GTKY - How involved is your SO in the pregnancy? Very! DH is super into everything! He's awesome lol. 
  • KyleeWallerKyleeWaller member
    edited February 2016
    Week/Fruit: 28/Eggplant

Rants/Raves/Symptoms: I finally found a dress I think will work [read: fit] for my upcoming baby shower, 

Upcoming Appointments: The first week in March. 

Questions for the group: Is anyone else planning on wearing an inexpensive, loose-fitting jersey dress or nightgown for the first part of their labor as opposed to getting right in the gown? Random, but I'm curious.

GTKY - How involved is your SO in the pregnancy? He has been extremely involved from day one (he even knew I was pregnant before I did, but that's a story for a different day. He has especially enjoyed putting the furniture and equipment together! The only thing I haven't been able to settle with him on is painting the nursery (painting is not his strong suit and is far from anything he'd like to do), but recently some family have volunteered to do the job as a present to us, so I think we'll be going with that option. 
  • Ooohh I remember what my rant was going to be! People who ask me what I still need for Evelyn AFTER they've already been sent the registry, and when I direct them to the registry they say "No No, I want you to tell me". I'm sorry. We have 10 pages of options on our amazon registry, I don't know your price point, check the damn registry. We spent months making it so that I don't have to sit here and list everything we need for you. 
  • mcb2016mcb2016 member
    edited February 2016
    Week/Fruit: 28 weeks/ roller blade (ovia app)

Rants/Raves/Symptoms: Today I've been incredibly emotional. I've had all the feelings. It may be related to not getting enough sleep last night. I am definitely in the crowd of eating small meals because I don't seem to have room to eat very much. And whatever I do eat takes forever for me to digest. 

Upcoming Appointments: I have one on Wed.

Questions for the group: None this week.

GTKY - How involved is your SO in the pregnancy? My dh is very involved. He is so excited. He tries to come to every dr.'s appt with me. He's been rearranging the crib and trying to show me different room configurations he's made on the iPad. I think he may be more into decorating and arranging the nursery than I have. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Week/Fruit: 31/pineapple 

Rants/Raves/Symptoms: the third tri is in full
    effect. Sciatica has been really terrible and the chiropractor was not much help, it's going to be a long 2+ months. Still loving all the movement and just so excited to meet our baby girl.

Upcoming Appointments: I was supposed to have one yesterday but my OB was sick so we are rescheduled for Tuesday:

Questions for the group: nope!

H is as involved as he can be. He is interested, supportive and attentive. He comes to as many appointments as possible and has joined me on day care tours and to the hospital info session. Next week we have a pediatrician interview and later in the month BF/newborn care class. Our co-ed shower is in 2 weeks! All in all, I feel very lucky to have such an amazing partner by my side.
  • Week/Fruit:  29 weeks

Rants/Raves/Symptoms:  I wake up a lot at night to pee (and can't resist drinking a cup of water each time!).  My feet are huge and hardly any shoes fit.  We have a wedding reception to go to tomorrow night and I have no idea what to wear.  Raves:  The changing table is set up and we got the internet modem and phone moved out of the nursery!  baby steps...

Upcoming Appointments:  On Wed. next week I have to go in for the 3-hour glucose test because I barely failed the one hour.  :( 

Questions for the group:  Do you know what breast pump you plan to get?  I am planning to get one through insurance (haven't looked at what is offered though).  For baby #1&2 I just had a manual pump (I didn't work full time).

GTKY - How involved is your SO in the pregnancy?  Hmmm.....he's really not all that involved.  It is our 3rd though and we're both pretty independent people.  But, when it comes to preparing the house or nursery he's totally helpful and on board (he made the call to buy a mini van!).  He's just never been a touchy-feely person.  If I feel kicks and we're just sitting on the couch I will grab his hand and make him feel it.  Otherwise he never feels on his own.  The kids do though! 
  • KyleeWaller said:

Questions for the group: Is anyone else planning on wearing an inexpensive, loose-fitting jersey dress or nightgown for the first part of their labor as opposed to getting right in the gown? Random, but I'm curious.
    nah, probably not.  I do plan to wear a bra at first though. 
  • Week/Fruit: 30/ loaf of bread (ironic since I have GD)

Rants/Raves/Symptoms: Rants: dealing with GD suuucks so bad, libido dropped way off, hip pain Raves: feeling baby move, being in the 3rd trimester

Upcoming Appointments: March 10th reg appt & ultrasound

Questions for the group:

GTKY - How involved is your SO in the pregnancy? He's been to all of my monthly appointments, but now that we're doing them every 2 weeks he won't be going to all of those. He's coming to my ultrasound next appointment. He got some books about being a dad, but only read them a little bit. Baby seems to get excited and move around whenever we talk. He's coming with me to the baby preparation class, but can't do the breastfeeding one with me because they only do those during the week and he works late 2nd shift. I'm a little nervous because he's going to be a SAHD while going back to school and I'm hoping he enjoys being home with our son since I would have loved to be SAHM. He's also saying this will be our only child and I'm on the fence about that. 

Together 11/2008
    Married 9/29/2012
    BFP #1 8/26/15
    EDD 5/6/2016
  • mcb2016mcb2016 member
    edited February 2016
    @2.red.heads  My insurance covered the Ameda double electric pump. It came in the mail yesterday. Ordering it was easy. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• Week/Fruit: 28/eggplant or rollerblade 

Rants/Raves/Symptoms: 
    Sleeping well but feeling big and full and just had my first experience with swollen feet :/ 

Upcoming Appointments: on Thursday 

Questions for the group:
    Re: labor wear ...I also am just concerned with wearing a comfy bra, I'm kinda anti letting it all hang out! 
    Still have to research the breast pumps 

as much as can be, never gets to be at appointments but is very involved and loving 
    28, DH - 30 
    Married 10/04/14 
    TTC since 1/1/15
    BFP 5/28/15
    MC 6/9/15
    BFP#2 9/21/15 - EDD 5/20/16
    Lilypie Maternity tickers