February 2016 Moms

Jogging stroller- when used as just a stroller...?

I need advice regarding the stroller my boyfriend brought home. Our son is now 2 weeks old, and too little to sit up in a stroller. My boyfriend came home with a Baby trend Manta Snap Gear jogging stroller from Target. I know you can't jog with a baby until they're at least 6 months old, but this stroller has a flat bassinet type position- so it seems like it could accommodate a newborn as long as it's just for walking. The manufacturer's suggested age for the stroller is 6 months and up- but I'm wondering if that's just because it's a jogger and they want to make sure no one takes a newborn jogging. It's still in the box and I don't know if I should keep it. It seems like it would be fine if just used as a stroller, and not for jogging. Do any of you have any advice on this? I just want to take Henry for a walk around the neighborhood. Maybe I should just put him in the Baby Bjorn carrier? I have been in the house for two weeks. Simple things are hard...

Re: Jogging stroller- when used as just a stroller...?

• If the seat lays flat, you're fine. Just no jogging, as you said. For a tiny baby, you're better off using an insert, like the Summer Infant Snuzzler, or making sure you have good head support with something else safe.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• If the stroller's front wheel is in a permanently locked position, it will be annoying to steer, as you have to lift up the front of the stroller to change direction. If it can be unlocked, then I don't see an issue. 
    *E 10/2012, H 7/2014, F 2/2016*
    Pregnancy Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • Mamacat316Mamacat316 member
    edited February 2016
    I don't know about that specific stroller, but we have a great jogging stroller we use for going for runs with my older son and it's only forward facing. I thought you were supposed to help your baby facing you till 6 months at least. Something about overstimulation, which is why you don't babywearing facing out. 
  • @Mamacat316 you don't baby wear facing out early because of head control, and in general because most of them don't allow for proper body/hip positioning on baby. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• We got an infant insert for our jogging stroller. Still no jogging until 6 months?
  • Nevermind... Just re-read website and it says for walking only.

Anyway, for OP, maybe your stroller has a similar accessory for walking with baby. It's like a metal piece that clips in so you can put the car seat in the jogger stroller.