June 2016 Moms

****Thursday Ticker Change****

Good morning! Friday's only a day away!

How far along are you?

Rants/Raves/Symptoms?

Baby preparations/updates?

Questions?

GTKY (stolen from Wednesday's TC): If you had an extra $1,000 and had to spend it today on anything that isn't "practical" or baby related, what would you spend it on? 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker

Re: ****Thursday Ticker Change****

• How far along are you? 24 weeks means Viability Day!

Rants/Raves/Symptoms? I got an awesome video of my little girl kicking the other day for H. I also had my first Braxton hicks last night. I know they're normal, but they still freak me out about preterm labor with H being gone.

Baby preparations/updates? None right now

Questions?

GTKY (stolen from Wednesday's TC): If you had an extra $1,000 and had to spend it today on anything that isn't "practical" or baby related, what would you spend it on? 

I'd say either spa treatments or spending more than $1000 and flying out to visit my husband.
    DD1: June '16 DD2: March ‘19 :::: Married since 2011 :::: USN Wife ::::
  • How far along are you? 23 weeks!

Rants/Raves/Symptoms? My stomach is not cooperating today, my back hurts, and I am still getting headaches.  I seriously need to go to the chiropractor.  Rave: I slept last night!  Rant: H started the day by saying: "at least you look pregnant now".  What I got from that = "You used to just look chubby".  He said that is not what he meant, but let's be real... it's reading between the lines.

Baby preparations/updates? Ultrasound on Monday!  Not a scheduled one, but the repeat of the A/S since we have a stubborn child already.  Hopefully it cooperates with our hopes to be Team Green!

GTKY (stolen from Wednesday's TC): If you had an extra $1,000 and had to spend it today on anything that isn't "practical" or baby related, what would you spend it on?  I like the response from @meggyme.  I would go to the spa!  Or do some shoe shopping.  
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Good morning! Friday's only a day away!

How far along are you? 26 weeks 2 days

Rants/Raves/Symptoms? Rant- Human Resources and my director here at work are not helping me figure out what I need to do to apply for a general leave of absence since I don't qualify for FMLA. Rave-baby still moving...yay! Symptoms- lower back pain, little bit of RLP, leg pain, hip pain at night..the usual

Baby preparations/updates? Well I wish I could say we're done but we don't even have a single bit of furniture for the nursery until we get moved into our mobile home. First birthing class is Monday, feels so weird now that things are getting closer!

Questions? How to deal with 2 people within our family who both want to throw me a baby shower. My Mother in law wants to fly up next month during her spring break so she can be here since she lives 1600 miles away and help throw one with my mom,  but my mom wants to throw us one a bit later because we still haven't moved into our mobile home(which we have to find land to put it on first and then renovate) and she wanted to get all that taken care of before a baby shower so people would have enough money to spend for our registries!( I just want to disappear when this all comes up and say they can just throw themselves a baby shower leave me out of it!)

Oh lets see..save it for a down payment on a house, buy a new car, buy a bed, get a credit card so we can finally build up our credit, lots of very necessary things really.

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • kbequette08 I don't even know what to tell you! I understand both of their perspectives but would it ruin their relationship if they threw two separate showers? Have they spoken to each other about this at all? 

Kballew10 Good luck on the U/S! It's kind of fun when they're active and uncooperative though...it's like they have personalities already. 

How far along are you?
    25 weeks and 3 days

Rants/Raves/Symptoms? Rants:I wish people would stop blaming everything I say on "pregnancy hormones"...especially at work. No, I just work too damn hard to let people who do wrong fly under the radar. You don't deserve to be "recognized" if you are a crappy professional, don't teach, and don't get along with your team. Also, three hour glucose test tomorrow. So...yeah. Rave: Movements. It's so reassuring. I miscarried in August and have two friends who have had stillbirths and I'm always so afraid I'll suddenly stop feeling her. IDK if this paranoia is pregnancy related or permanent. Symptoms: Aside from BH, which haven't really gotten TERRIBLE because they're so sporadic they haven't freaked me out yet, the heartburn is so weird. Does anyone else not feel their chest burn but their throat? That's where I've been feeling the sensation the most. 

Baby preparations/updates? My SIL just told me she and her mother had found the pack & play I'd wanted (which was sold out at BRU) AND a matching high chair. So they asked me to take it off the registry so I wouldn't get two. I almost started crying. I feel like that's a really big gesture and even though we're very close I'm still honored she went out of her way to find that stuff. 

Questions? Is anyone else paranoid? I feel terrible asking because some of us are really dealing with hardships this pregnancy, and thankfully my only bump has been that failed glucose test but I'm so afraid to lose her. I find myself laying down whenever I'm home and willing her to move so I know she's ok. 

GTKY (stolen from Wednesday's TC): If you had an extra $1,000 and had to spend it today on anything that isn't "practical" or baby related, what would you spend it on? I'd use it to splurge on stuff on our babymoon. We were so exotic in our pre-baby travels that it feels like Disney is a cop-out so I would totally do stuff we rarely do when we go there: spa treatments, golf, character dinners.  

Me: 30     DH:32
    Married: 12/16/12
    TTC #1: 06/15  BFP #1:07/13/15
    D&C: 08/28/15
    BFP #2: 09/26/15
    M: 06/03/16
    BFP #2: 02/12/18 
    L : 7/26/18 (SIUGR, micropreemie)

Pregnancy Ticker
  • How far along are you? 24 weeks!

Rants/Raves/Symptoms? I'm starting to get sock prints on my feet at night. I don't feel swollen, but obviously I am a little bit. DH finally got to feel the little guy move last night! At first he just looked really confused and asked if my stomach rumbled, then when I reminded him that my stomach is up around 4 inches from where he felt the movement, he just looked in absolute awe. It was beautiful.

Baby preparations/updates? Back to the doctor for 24 week check and ultrasound on Tuesday to determine if baby has gained enough weight. OB was worried he was a little small at 20 weeks, but hopefully nothing to worry about.

GTKY (stolen from Wednesday's TC): If you had an extra $1,000 and had to spend it today on anything that isn't "practical" or baby related, what would you spend it on? Probably book some killer spa treatments for our Las Vegas trip in 2 weeks. And then find all the Disney movies I could on DVD and buy them all. I'm an addict
    Me: 32 DH: 31 *The old lady by 5 whole weeks*
    Married: 11/2013
    M: 6/2016  E: 5/2018
  • Kballew10Kballew10 member
    edited February 2016
    @art&leaadye - Good luck at your appointment!  Hope your LO is gaining weight!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I'm gonna be lazy because I am just tired today
    24 weeks, yay viability! 
    No extra symptoms except the norm
    No checkups for two more weeks
    Going fabric shopping for DD soon
    $1000... buy some land to build on (its family land so cheaper then normal)

:)
  • How far along are you? 26 weeks

Rants/Raves/Symptoms? Rant: Drove  to the outlet malls to get to the H&M store that has a maternity clothing section...it was only 1/3 of a back wall. And mostly only stocked with sizes small and extra small. Made me ragey. 

Baby preparations/updates? I have my orange drink cooling in the fridge for tomorrow's glucose challenge test, hurrah.

Questions? Why does my Target only seem to carry cute maternity clothes when I'm not pregnant, then, as soon as I get pregnant, they carry a bunch of ugly junk? Can someone explain that? 

GTKY (stolen from Wednesday's TC): If you had an extra $1,000 and had to spend it today on anything that isn't "practical" or baby related, what would you spend it on? I wonder how much it would cost to order a hit on Trump...

Pregnancy Ticker
  • @parsonsperson - 1.) I would be willing to bet that somebody would do away with Trump for free (and we're both probably on some watch list now). 2.) Your Target and my Target seem to be on the same page.  All of their junk is awful and the maternity section is about 3 racks.  Frustrating!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Kballew10 said:
    @parsonsperson - 1.) I would be willing to bet that somebody would do away with Trump for free (and we're both probably on some watch list now). 2.) Your Target and my Target seem to be on the same page.  All of their junk is awful and the maternity section is about 3 racks.  Frustrating!
    We're totes gonna be the first people deported if he gets elected!

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Kballew10 said:
    @parsonsperson - 1.) I would be willing to bet that somebody would do away with Trump for free (and we're both probably on some watch list now). 2.) Your Target and my Target seem to be on the same page.  All of their junk is awful and the maternity section is about 3 racks.  Frustrating!
    We're totes gonna be the first people deported if he gets elected!
    That might actually encourage the Trump-shaming.  Doesn't seem like a bad thing to be kicked out if he wins...
    Pregnancy Ticker