1st Trimester

Symptoms?

georgiac9georgiac9 member
edited February 2016 in 1st Trimester
I'm 18. I lost my virginity almost 3 weeks ago (February 4) to a guy who is now my boyfriend, and it was protected, but we found out the condom broke. About a week later (February 12), we had unprotected sex twice. My ovulation day was supposedly February 9, but websites have told me different days and have also told me that I still could have been fertile on February 12. Ever since the unprotected sex I have had consistent cramps and nausea. I have had a strange food aversion to sushi, which is usually my favorite food. I have also started having cravings for pickles which I usually hate, and pizza from my university's dining hall. I tested using a First Response Early Response on February 19 and I also tested two days after that, and all of those tests came out negative. Just recently, what I thought was my period, came earlier than usual and was way lighter than usual. No blood clots, no tissue in my urine, and I only needed two pads. The blood wasn't like my regular period blood. It was the slightest bit mucousy, but mostly dry, and was a light pink color. The second day was a little bit more red, and the third day was the same light pink color from the first day. The fourth day, the blood was a little light pink but mostly brown and it seemed like it could have been the consistency of discharge. I started getting really tired the other day and even took a nap which isn't normal for me. I have also been exhausted the past week and a half and I get about 7-11 hours of sleep. And to top it off, I have had terrible cramps and bad nausea. I've also been very hungry and have put on some weight. I also started experiencing "discharge," which is more watery, about 2 days after the "period" ended. Could these be pregnancy symptoms?

Re: Symptoms?

• If you are pregnant enough to feel symptoms you are pregnant enough to get a positive pregnancy test. If it said no the answer is no. As pp said its against tou to ask if you are pregnant. 
  • Loading the player...
  • Also lurker from TTGP (but thread is closed now).
    Everything PP said plus, I would ask your doc to get your thyroid check and do a chemical panel (chemical = hormones). Either of these things being off can cause these kinds of symptoms.
  • NovaSaysNoNovaSaysNo member
    edited February 2016
    Yes to all of that. ^^^^ The human body can produce symptoms even if there really isn't anything going on.

Edited because mobile autocorrect hates me.
  • Do you think I should see if my university's health center can give me a pregnancy test? Like a urine or blood test?
  • georgiac9 said:
    Do you think I should see if my university's health center can give me a pregnancy test? Like a urine or blood test?
    georgiac9 said:
    I'm 18. I lost my virginity almost 3 weeks ago (February 4) to a guy who is now my boyfriend, and it was protected, but we found out the condom broke. About a week later (February 12), we had unprotected sex twice. My ovulation day was supposedly February 9, but websites have told me different days and have also told me that I still could have been fertile on February 12. Ever since the unprotected sex I have had consistent cramps and nausea. I have had a strange food aversion to sushi, which is usually my favorite food. I have also started having cravings for pickles which I usually hate, and pizza from my university's dining hall. I tested using a First Response Early Response on February 19 and I also tested two days after that, and all of those tests came out negative. Just recently, what I thought was my period, came earlier than usual and was way lighter than usual. No blood clots, no tissue in my urine, and I only needed two pads. The blood wasn't like my regular period blood. It was the slightest bit mucousy, but mostly dry, and was a light pink color. The second day was a little bit more red, and the third day was the same light pink color from the first day. The fourth day, the blood was a little light pink but mostly brown and it seemed like it could have been the consistency of discharge. I started getting really tired the other day and even took a nap which isn't normal for me. I have also been exhausted the past week and a half and I get about 7-11 hours of sleep. And to top it off, I have had terrible cramps and bad nausea. I've also been very hungry and have put on some weight. I also started experiencing "discharge," which is more watery, about 2 days after the "period" ended. Could these be pregnancy symptoms?
    QFP

if you think you might be pregnant then take a test. You can get them for less than a dollar at Walmart or at the dollar store. 
    There is probably support available in your university's medical center in the case that you are pregnant and need advice. Good luck. 

August '18 April Siggy Challenge: April Showers

Lilypie Maternity tickers

Pregnancy Ticker
  • georgiac9 said:
    Do you think I should see if my university's health center can give me a pregnancy test? Like a urine or blood test?
    you can always just buy yourself a pregnancy test. the pee test that doctors order are no stronger than the pee sticks. you can see if they'll do a blood test i guess.

if you are planning to stick around TB, please keep in mind it is against TOU to ask if you are pregnant, & it is against TOU to post photos of your pee stick asking if it is positive. the thread "what does a positive pregnancy test look like" is where you can do that. however, if you read the instructions, you should be able to figure it out on your own. good luck!
  • Ditto to the above. And please. Get on birth control. Now.
    DS Maxwell - 08/25/2009
    Wedded Bliss - 05/19/15
    MC - 05/15/15 & 7/29/15 & 11/25/15 (You were wished for, hoped for and loved)
    BFP#4; EDD 10/21/16 - Praying for a miracle.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"